Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I can really tell that you're an expert in politics and economics since you rebutted my claim so thoroughly with your razor sharp "crony capitalism" comeback. It was flawless.
Yeah I know all those boondoggle green energy outfits were a huge success...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I'm not too worried... I've lived and worked in much worse neighborhoods, I'm sure. Ever heard of Hunter's Point (SF), East Palo Alto, Oakland, Richmond CA?? Survived those towns just fine without a gun!
well then...I'll take back my advice...good luck...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM

30,337 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Talk about ungrateful "A-Hole"
Ungrateful for what, exactly? You haven't done anything for which I need to be grateful, so this makes no sense... like many of your "points" and posts.

As for my being an "a-hole," I'm no more of one than you're being when judging families you don't know. Can't take what you dish out to others? Oh well, not my problem.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Ungrateful for what, exactly? You haven't done anything for which I need to be grateful, so this makes no sense... like many of your "points" and posts.

As for my being an "a-hole," I'm no more of one than you're being when judging families you don't know. Can't take what you dish out to others? Oh well, not my problem.
Well I'll tell you what...next time in your Mass...you can visit the typical Ozzie and Harriet family in mattapan without a weapon "in the evening" and judge for yourself...Nice knowing you!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Well I'll tell you what...next time in your Mass...you can visit the average Ozzie and Harriet family in mattapan without a weapon "in the evening" and judge for yourself...Nice knowing you!!!
Again, I've lived in neighborhoods worse than that... appreciate your concern, but if I made it 7 years in the California "ghettos" without a weapon, I'm not too worried about lower-income Massachusetts towns. What does this have to do with the topic, though?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I've only seen a handful of people using "food stamps" when they actually used to be "food stamps" and not an EBT card. How the hell would I know an EBT card if I saw one and how would I see it? It's usually being used at a machine while I'm back there unloading groceries. I don't look over the shoulders of people checking out and read their plastic, either do most people posting about "what they saw someone buying".

I HAVE seen people use WIC a couple times, what a PITA that is. It's always late at night and I suppose it's because the people using them know it can be an ordeal if they try to get the wrong size, flavor, color, whatever. Even the cashiers have trouble with that sometimes beacuse the store may not have the exact item in stock that the people can use WIC for.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,988 times
Quote:
just visit...Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph and Brockton..

BTW...Just a little advice...it would be wise on your part to carry a concealed weapon...you see i'm not bad guy..worried about your safety...
I know several people, especially in Brockton and Randolph, that do not own guns have never been victims of violence.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Again, I've lived in neighborhoods worse than that... appreciate your concern, but if I made it 7 years in the California "ghettos" without a weapon, I'm not too worried about lower-income towns Massachusetts. What does this have to do with the topic, though?
You stated "I'm no more of one than you're being when judging families you don't know"

We all judge....whether it be neighborhoods or people

Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,357 times
Quote:
As my wife and I struggle to pay the monthly mortgage and our daughter's college, I'm left wondering why others don't have to be responsible for their own lives.

I was at the supermarket this past weekend, and was in line behind two full shopping carts full of racks of ribs, tenderloins, pork chops, soda, a ton of junk food, ribeyes, and a tons of other stuff totaling out to over $800. As she paid with her EBT card, I couldn’t help but wonder what it feels like to be able to buy as much top dollar food as you want with redistributed money of others, or if that would even cross the mind.

Does our current system give people any reason to stop taking advantage, stop having kids they can’t pay for, to be thankful for what they are given, or encourage them to get off the system to support their own existence? I’m talking about the leaches, not the vets, retirees, or handicapped, so keep that in mind.

Save the BS, I don’t feel like arguing about how heartless I am or people who are critical of our failed systems are. I don’t need to hear sad stories, I’ve experienced my own. I just want to know what you think about our welfare system, and its contribution to our entitlement society and the debt.

Is there any hope for our society or have we finally lost the country to the "give me free stuff crowd"..
Why do EBT card holders get to eat better than you and your family?

They get to eat better than you and your family because this fictional family in your right-wing fantasy world is entitled to.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You stated "I'm no more of one than you're being when judging families you don't know"

We all judge....whether it be neighborhoods or people
Huh?? I never did any judging, so speak for yourself! Why would I have chosen to live in these towns, if I were judging them as horrible or dangerous? Only you were doing that, and I still don't see how this is related to SNAP use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies