Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
None of CT's restrictions did anything to stop it. Better security could stop a crazed killer, a piece of paper will not.
I agree. We need more restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If you don't think the President has a right to decide on these 19 items, sue.

But dont tell me that innocent people have to die because fanatic gun nuts, who think a gun is an extension of their penises, don't want to accept reasonable regulation of firearms. No American soldier fought and died to not improve the background check database -- one of those 19 items.
Very well stated!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
Yeah....the Chevy Volt is one ugly mother ****er!

I wouldn't own one and don't like my tax money wasted to promote it.

These liberals should be locked up.
I think old Yamamoto was right. Any army that tries to invade the US will find a gun behind every blade of grass. He just didn't realize that the real enemy was from within who would try and remove that threat.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The false premise is that children die because of the Second Amendment, when in fact, the Second Amendment if it had been implemented in Sandy Hook (i.e. people in authority charged with the care of the children were not prevented from having a gun available, and trained in it's use).

Guns are not the problem. Crazy people who would do harm, are. "Gun free zones" invite masacres such as Sandy Hook. Let's remember that the crime was committed in a "gun free zone" by a person with a gun. The cause of the tragic loss of life was the fact that it was a "gun free zone." No one was able to stop the shooter, because only the shooter was armed! He could fire at will with no one to shoot back at him.

When will this reality ever sink in?
Then why shouldn't they allow people to carry guns onto an airplane?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If you don't think the President has a right to decide on these 19 items, sue.

But dont tell me that innocent people have to die because fanatic gun nuts, who think a gun is an extension of their penises, don't want to accept reasonable regulation of firearms. No American soldier fought and died to not improve the background check database -- one of those 19 items.

extensions of their penises? what do you tell the millions of female gun owners? are you sexist too?

what do you tell all the people who carry snub nosed revolvers.

also, i dont think congress or the pres has the authority to actually decide on any item in the Bill of Rights.

also, if a registration scheme starts, i shall not follow it, no matter what the feds seem to believe.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Correct, but they can defund the president. He can't carry it out if the ATF has no money.
Then "they" will have blood on their hands!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then why shouldn't they allow people to carry guns onto an airplane?

private business making the rules on who can carry what into their planes.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM

691 posts, read 771,242 times
Obamacare has provisions which PREVENT any further gun control. It is in the law signed by Obama.

For these reasons, the following language did, indeed, become a part of the nation’s controversial health care reform law:
(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—
‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.— A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully- possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
‘‘
(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any in- formation relating to—
‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.
‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
extensions of their penises? what do you tell the millions of female gun owners? are you sexist too?

what do you tell all the people who carry snub nosed revolvers.

also, i dont think congress or the pres has the authority to actually decide on any item in the Bill of Rights.

also, if a registration scheme starts, i shall not follow it, no matter what the feds seem to believe.
Liberals carry those snub nosed revolvers I'm sure.

As for some registration scheme I will report all my weapons as stolen the day before that goes into effect. They want em they can go find who stole em.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Obamacare has provisions which PREVENT any further gun control. It is in the law signed by Obama.
Obama only enforces laws he wants to. Another reason he should be impeached for dereliction of duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies