Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pedophilia should be considered a sexual orientation like homosexuality and heterosexuality
Yes, it is a sexual orientation 6 8.22%
No, it is an abnormal sexual behavior 59 80.82%
I don't know if it's an abnormal sexual behavior or sexual orientation 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

Quite frankly this article disturbs me. But nothing that the Los Angeles Times can print should surprise me anymore.

Quote:
Now, many experts view it as a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality. It is a deep-rooted predisposition — limited almost entirely to men — that becomes clear during puberty and does not change. The best estimates are that between 1% and 5% of men are pedophiles, meaning that they have a dominant attraction to prepubescent children.
Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
No, it's not.

It's a power trip for men who may suffer from some form of mental illness. JMO

Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I figured sooner or later we'd go down this path.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
The biological theory of pedophilia is generally accepted by the mental health field.

People do not choose to be sexually attracted to children.
People can choose to not act upon that attraction.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,267 times
Default Wtf!!!

WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! And so should it be respected and encouraged? Should grown muthafruitcakes *trying not to curse* be fuding children? WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let someone come and tell me they want to marry or have sexual relations with my daughter and it's "normal" to view her as attractive as a 9 year old, I GURANTEE!! That muthafruitbasket will be GHOST!! Not even Ghost, I will be in a closed off vincity TORTURING that muthrumproast!!

I have known too many children that have been molested, raped, and MURDERED!! And now all of a sudden it's a fudging SEXUAL ORIENTATION???

WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!

NO THAT IS PERVERTED, FUDGED UP, DEMENTED, AND HORRIBLE!!

It's not like these children are consenting, and even if they are, kids don't know what the fudge they want half of the TIME!! They don't understand that type of relationship!!

Is this gonna be on an application now??

Sexual Orientation Please Check One from the following:

Heterosexual
Homosexual
Pedophilia??!!!!

I'd rather they say beastiality is a sexual orientation, I can possibly believe THAT at least!! Ok someone needs to blow these muthasuckers up for even thinking this shyt

Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The biological theory of pedophilia is generally accepted by the mental health field.

And if they act on that "attraction" or can't "help" themselves in anyway, they need to be retired from life

Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
You really don't know what's in Pandora's Box until you open it. But once opened you can't close it again.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Children aren't consenting adults. /thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
There's nothing inherently contradictory about the categories "sexual orientation" and "abnormal sexual behavior." We may only designate things we like, or at least tolerate, as "orientations" but that's just a peculiarity of our usage.

Pedophilia is one of many paraphilias--or to use the prescientific term, "perversions"--which can fit into both categories.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
And if they act on that "attraction" or can't "help" themselves in anyway, they need to be retired from life
Completely in agreement, with both statements. There's really not much else to say. I'm not only protective of someone putting their hands on my kids - NO CHILD ANYWHERE AND ANY TIME should EVER be subjected to a sexual predator. Ask any reputable psychologist if there is a cure for pedophilia - there isn't. I might not necessarily require a bullet to the brain for a known offender, but they should be quarantined to only be around others of their kind and never among the rest of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies