Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM

361 posts, read 272,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In a previous post, you stated that you don't listen to or watch Glenn Beck. My question is how do you know then that Glenn Beck criticized GWB and McCain?
I also said that i have watched him in the past. Since hes off fox and on the blaze i have never watched him once. I havent watched him since around October 2010 when i joined the army. Never watched him daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
No your wrong. He criticized them plenty get over it. He's far from mainstream and im sure most in the mainstream consider him a loon. Everything your saying is speculation. Unless you have something of intelligence or of substance to share i am going to stop replying to your post's.
Looks like i'm touching a nerve. Ding, ding, ding, ding.

He's considered a loon because he IS a loon. If you can't even hold down a spot on Fox amongst all of THOSE loons, then he's flat out fit to be in the nuthouse. He should be in Camarillo.

He's a mainstream right wing Republican. Voted for McCain, Romney, Dole, Bush, etc ,etc...deal with it.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Glenn Beck has announced plans to build a self-sustaining "libertarian community" in Texas, complete with "deprogramming and re-education centers":

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41018144,d.cGE

Just a couple questions (these go for the " Citidel" in Idaho, or the "Free New Hampshire" movements too):

1) "Libertarian" and "Community"- is that anything like "jumbo shrimp"?

2) Are you planning on having any rules? Who's gonna enforce them? Who's in charge?

3) You do realize that ALL FEDERAL LAWS will apply regardless of how deep you dig the moat, right?

4) I see Beck's Independence Park is going to be built in the middle of a lake (or something), and that the Citidel will have high walls and gun towers... But what are you planning to do about air strikes?

Like I said before, it would be if it wasn't so

I guess as long as the nation is free, Beck can do whatever he wants. Further, people can choose to live there, or not to live there.

Why do libs find such a venture threatening?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess as long as the nation is free, Beck can do whatever he wants. Further, people can choose to live there, or not to live there.

that literally all ive been trying to say and understand

Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

I honestly don't think any liberal finds Beck's idea for a new village threatening. I find it as a study of civilization. You see, it is only a matter of short time when Glennbeckistan is faced with all the same issues that face any modern day civilization or society. That is unless they give up all technology and public health measures.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Glenn Beck has announced plans to build a self-sustaining "libertarian community" in Texas, complete with "deprogramming and re-education centers":

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41018144,d.cGE

Just a couple questions (these go for the " Citidel" in Idaho, or the "Free New Hampshire" movements too):

1) "Libertarian" and "Community"- is that anything like "jumbo shrimp"?

2) Are you planning on having any rules? Who's gonna enforce them? Who's in charge?

3) You do realize that ALL FEDERAL LAWS will apply regardless of how deep you dig the moat, right?

4) I see Beck's Independence Park is going to be built in the middle of a lake (or something), and that the Citidel will have high walls and gun towers... But what are you planning to do about air strikes?

Like I said before, it would be if it wasn't so
I would have to ask you what kind of air strikes you are talking about. Manned Air Force strikes or unmanned favorite Obama weapons that are unarmed. You know the drones he uses to kill children and women in the Middle East.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Looks like i'm touching a nerve. Ding, ding, ding, ding.

He's considered a loon because he IS a loon. If you can't even hold down a spot on Fox amongst all of THOSE loons, then he's flat out fit to be in the nuthouse. He should be in Camarillo.

He's a mainstream right wing Republican. Voted for McCain, Romney, Dole, Bush, etc ,etc...deal with it.
Have you just accused me of being as bad as you want us to believe Beck is? I voted for all those people so I guess I am at least as bad as he is.

Have you seen Beck "perform" since 2010? I would say not since you would have had to pay to watch him and you don't want his words to affect your left leaning stance. Most leaners are very afraid of Beck and others like him in that they know that some things they believe aren't really solid in their brains.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Damn, I have to share some rep with others so this is all I could do for you.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I honestly don't think any liberal finds Beck's idea for a new village threatening. I find it as a study of civilization. You see, it is only a matter of short time when Glennbeckistan is faced with all the same issues that face any modern day civilization or society. That is unless they give up all technology and public health measures.

That is somewhat true, but somewhat not true. Witness the Amish populations in the US. Generally they have very low crime rates, little drug use, and are religious. Do they still have problems? Of course.

If Beck has his "enclave" I am sure that those people will have many of the same problems every community faces. However, given that they are motivated and probably of higher education/income level, they would have lower crime rates, less drug use, and higher educational levels. With no liberals in the community, the local decisions would probably be based on common sense.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:

Personally I DON'T find it threatening. I also think it's a joke.

But the facts are that any one person who declares he will set up a new "community" outside the mainstream is someone to keep an eye on. What has history taught us about groups like this? Nothing good I'll tell you that.

But again, no threat or fear because he's a jokster and I don't take anything he says seriously. Some of his more committed fans however should probably be monitored but that's a whole other issue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies