Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Hair test randomly once per year. Detects marihuana up to six months prior use, other drugs vary in time.

I don't understand why you hate children.

Furthermore, your tautology is sickening and disgusting.

You scream that children are in poverty and suffering, so we should lavish all manner of medical, food, housing and other benefits on the parent(s), except after doing so, the children are still in poverty and suffering, due to the fact the parent(s) misuse and abuse the subsidies they are given.

Your brilliant solution is to heap even more subsidies on these bad parents, which will not negate the suffering of the children, or raise them out of "poverty."

Then we people attempt to identify these bad parents through schemes like drug-testing, you cry "Foul!"

So do you give a damn about these children or not?

The so-called "housing subsidy" is not an housing subsidy at all --- it's a drug and alcohol subsidy.

The Food Stamps? You're not giving the parent(s) money to buy food to feed the children, you're giving them money to buy alcohol and drugs -- yet you cry because the children are still hungry. I can't even walk to Kroger's without getting hit up for Food Stamp fraud out in the parking lot or in the store.

Do the drug-testing, identify these parent(s) and remove the children from the home.

I do, since I'm paying for it.

You don't want to do drug-testing, fine. I offer you an alternative: Receivership.

For any person receiving TAN-F, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, Medicaid or any other optional welfare program, they are assigned to an appointed Receiver who handles every aspect of their finances.

The very first thing the Receiver will do, is cancel all non-essential services and expenditures: no cell-phone, no cable, no satellite, no tobacco, no alcohol, no drugs, no World of Warcraft, no Netflix. Every penny the person wants to spend they must first justify its expenditure to the Receiver, the Receiver must approve it, and the Receiver will issue a voucher for the expenditure.

You want your hair cut, you have to justify it to the Receiver, who will contact the salon, determine the price and issue a voucher in that amount payable only to that salon and not valid anywhere else, and the person has 3 days to submit either the unused voucher or a receipt showing the cost of services rendered.

You still haven't figured out that nothing is free --- everything costs -- and you need to be creating disincentives to move people off of social welfare programs, even more so since Austerity™ is coming.

Drawing...
The thing getting left out here is mostly in the image that people have in their heads about a drug user. There are a great many assistance recipients that are employed and paying into the system. Wal mart is the largest employer in the country, and they are also partially responsible for the need for so much aid because they don't pay their employees enough to actually live. There are a great number of people out there who are employed and collect food stamps. So if your problem with it is because you pay for it, well so do they. the assumption is also that these drug users are spending every cent they can get from under the sofa on drugs. Granted some are. But a great many of them probably use their drugs the way the average Joe enjoys a couple of beers now and then. Spending $15 on a bag of weed is hardly reasonable excuse to tell someone that they can't get food stamps because they're squandering all their money. Simply drug screening everyone is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Because they only want them to interfere when it benefits them, just like "liberals" and any other person. When there is nothing that benefits them then people don't want government in their business. I guess that's the United States thinking. We go to countries who don't want us because they have something of worth to us (oil, natural resources, land to use to spy on our enemies, etc.), but the countries that plead for us to come and intervene and help them, we turn our backs on them and are deaf to the massacre that is happening.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
No offense, but Herman Cain is part of the establishment. You do know that he had a position with the Federal Reserve? Although humorous, nothing independent about that man.
I'm not one of his supporters but Cain was hurt by the affairs rumors that came out. Nothing about policy. Which is sad.
But he did get to combine a book signing tour with a run for the republican nomination which was efficient for him.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So, you are one of those conspiracy theorists that believe Vince Foster was murdered?
i believe that vince foster was murdered, and if you read the book on it you would too.

i don't see any way that could have been a suicide with the evidence presented.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives love big government. In poll after poll, conservative overwhelmingly favor every big government program the federal government created.

conservatives hate those programs that help groups of Americans that conservatives hate this is what they mean by big government.
again, you probably aren't a conservative so you really aren't in a position to speak for any of them are you?

a lot of conservatives are ron paul conservatives-which means they want smaller government and more personal freedom. they believe in the private sector and job creation, and they want everybody to have jobs-because the economy functions at its highest level when the most people are working-and anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.

i am against farm subsidies, obamacare, big ag, bank bailouts, warren buffett favoritism,union bailouts, or any other thing that is connected to government bribery.

i wish americans would remember back to when the bank bailouts were defeated the first time, before our loser congress called everybody back and voted again-when both republicans and democrats stood together for the benefit of the country.

don't think the media doesn't have a hand in this BS either-they constantly trot out stories on welfare people gaming the system so that working people can get all worked up about the unfairness of it-while saying NOTHING about the bank bailout fraud, the stolen iran money, the missing corzine money, the corrupt QE1, 2, and 3, etc.

where are the big investigations on government corruption? it's always the "little people" stories that they focus on.

they are playing you-and me.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
again, you probably aren't a conservative so you really aren't in a position to speak for any of them are you?

a lot of conservatives are ron paul conservatives-which means they want smaller government and more personal freedom. they believe in the private sector and job creation, and they want everybody to have jobs-because the economy functions at its highest level when the most people are working-and anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.

i am against farm subsidies, obamacare, big ag, bank bailouts, warren buffett favoritism,union bailouts, or any other thing that is connected to government bribery.

i wish americans would remember back to when the bank bailouts were defeated the first time, before our loser congress called everybody back and voted again-when both republicans and democrats stood together for the benefit of the country.

don't think the media doesn't have a hand in this BS either-they constantly trot out stories on welfare people gaming the system so that working people can get all worked up about the unfairness of it-while saying NOTHING about the bank bailout fraud, the stolen iran money, the missing corzine money, the corrupt QE1, 2, and 3, etc.

Why no, the lamestream media would NEVER lie! As I said, divide and conquer! It seems to be working like a charm. Distract us and have us fighting over social issues, while the economy in this country continues to go down the s****er!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM

16 posts, read 15,276 times
both parts contradict themselves, they both lie, and they both only do whats good for their party, next election we need to vote in a independent or libertarian candidate, like Gary Johnson, at least he sincerely cares about the people over anything else, we're not gonna see real change till the democrips and rebloodicans are removed

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

where are the big investigations on government corruption? it's always the "little people" stories that they focus on.

Truer words have never been spoken

Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm on the left, and i'd never make a claim so ludicrous as saying that i'm for small government. I'm not...never have been.
who said you did?

Generally in the past, the left has always been for government control and intervention of everything....oh, not all at once, but for years now, the government has slowly been taking over....

Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersofwar3 View Post
both parts contradict themselves, they both lie, and they both only do whats good for their party, next election we need to vote in a independent or libertarian candidate, like Gary Johnson, at least he sincerely cares about the people over anything else, we're not gonna see real change till the democrips and rebloodicans are removed
You are absolutely right....what I don't understand is, that Americans are unable to see this...my gosh, it's as plain as the nose on anyone's face. Over the years, the dems take control, nothing gets better, then the repubs take control and nothing gets better, it just keeps getting worse and worse, but I suppose it is more important to be loyal to a corrupt party and nation.

What they ought to do is clean house in Washington Period....get rid of all those people who have agendas, and get someone in there that honestly will work for us...all of them, take advantage of us...we pay them and they continue to spend our money frivously....they don't care, there is no sense of humbleness, they don't even feel badly taking our money the way they do and putting it on their backs...my raise this year, as most doesn't even cover the tax hikes...not to mention prices keep going up...they are bleeding us dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies