Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
The War on Terror costs the US several times more than social welfare. Three and a half trillion and counting, plus the costs of helping our vets upon return.

Does anyone really thing "liberals" were the main supporters of this war?
i have to say that liberals have been strangely silent on wars since obama was elected.

there are a few principled liberals on this forum, but not in congress, i am afraid.

the veterans are being asked to pick up more of their own fees, though:

Retired military personnel and their families will have to pay more for health coverage beginning Oct. 1, according to Navy Times.

Tricare Prime fees will increase by 3.6 percent for some subscribers, but goes up 17 percent for most veterans, the report read. The annual fee will go up by nearly $40 for singles and by nearly $80 for families enrolled in the program before Oct. 1, 2011.

Navy Times notes the increases are in accordance with legislation passed last year. (end)

so what i want to know is when is congress going to pay more, or take a pay cut? i seem to remember something about an INCREASE in government salaries which is going to eat up a lot of the tax increases.

when are the public servants going to start looking out for the public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
There's no limit to the vindictiveness of republicans. Theyre useful tools of the military-industrial powerhouses that run ALEC and America. I bet they blame liberals for the sorry state of decay that their ****ty, hard-working yet low income town is in.

The koch brothers appreciate his donations to their "conservative" heritage foundation.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
this guy is an idiot...more power to him...

Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM

918 posts, read 816,610 times
Red face Oh boy oh boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImproveDaily View Post
How do you know who they are?
I can help you out there friend.
If you chance upon a group of tearful women and/or red-faced, angry men chances are better than 8 to 5 a lefturd just departed the scene or....
If your town has had a recent higher tax imposed or a NEW tax inposed, most likely the lefties are in charge or....
If the old, crippled man standing by a fold-up table selling tomatoes alongside the road disappears suddenly, check with your town sales tax collection agent at the town hall as it's likely those liberal, double-dippin' b*stards put him out of business for not collecting and remitting sales tax and now he'll have to apply for welfare and you'll get it AGAIN in the wallet via your poop-chute. All because of liberal abuse of the working class or...
If you have an over-abundance of homeless living on the streets in your city/town and most all the cars going by almost run them down, you have a high concentration of liberal hypocrites living there or...
If every day you go out somewhere you pass by a municipal work project being done by the local highway department and you see truck and three trucks and seven or more 'workers" on-site to repair one pothole then you are certain to have liberal politicians padding the municipal job ranks with favoritism hires of people who stand around with their hands in their pockets and smoke cigarettes and drink coffee all day and get paid well for it or.

Those are just a few recognition signs that the lefty losers populate your community and you are in dire economic straits as a taxpayer. Unfortunately if any of this rings familiar to you, your life will not soon...ImproveDaily. Lots of luck pal. HOWEVER, if...as you read my descriptives of the miscreant lefties in your community you come to realize that IN YOUR CASE accuracy demands that the words "or" connective word referen cesshould ALL be change to "and"..., then get out the old shotgun and end it all now, because life as you once knew it has passed you by never to return again.

Stay positive!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
I can help you out there friend.
If you chance upon a group of tearful women and/or red-faced, angry men chances are better than 8 to 5 a lefturd just departed the scene or....
If your town has had a recent higher tax imposed or a NEW tax inposed, most likely the lefties are in charge or....
If the old, crippled man standing by a fold-up table selling tomatoes alongside the road disappears suddenly, check with your town sales tax collection agent at the town hall as it's likely those liberal, double-dippin' b*stards put him out of business for not collecting and remitting sales tax and now he'll have to apply for welfare and you'll get it AGAIN in the wallet via your poop-chute. All because of liberal abuse of the working class or...
If you have an over-abundance of homeless living on the streets in your city/town and most all the cars going by almost run them down, you have a high concentration of liberal hypocrites living there or...
If every day you go out somewhere you pass by a municipal work project being done by the local highway department and you see truck and three trucks and seven or more 'workers" on-site to repair one pothole then you are certain to have liberal politicians padding the municipal job ranks with favoritism hires of people who stand around with their hands in their pockets and smoke cigarettes and drink coffee all day and get paid well for it or.

Those are just a few recognition signs that the lefty losers populate your community and you are in dire economic straits as a taxpayer. Unfortunately if any of this rings familiar to you, your life will not soon...ImproveDaily. Lots of luck pal. HOWEVER, if...as you read my descriptives of the miscreant lefties in your community you come to realize that IN YOUR CASE accuracy demands that the words "or" connective word referen cesshould ALL be change to "and"..., then get out the old shotgun and end it all now, because life as you once knew it has passed you by never to return again.

Stay positive!
Talk about whining!

And by the way, I live in conservative land. The higher taxes, the new taxes, the constant spending proposals, ALL at the hands of conservatives.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
YOU, a guy who identifies himself as being here...

...has the audacity to charge someone else with having voices in their head. You dear sir may be needful of a check-up from the neck up! Do they have any psychiatric rubber-roomss in Ew Ess uv Ai ?

Cue the attendants in white uniforms with the large nets.
Calm down Hugo ~ your posts in this thread point to a certain level of . . overreaction.

Perhaps it would be useful to take a break from time to time and get back on your meds . . .

Jut a thought. That's all I have time for now.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Default Comment on the OP

I hope this person has the decency to post his pricing policies outside his place so I can avoid contributing to his profits by patronizing his business.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
This guy is just begging for a law suit.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM

918 posts, read 816,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Talk about whining!
Not whining in the least. Humorous and sardonic sarcasm used to lighten things up, but you just don'tget that do you!

Quote:
And by the way, I live in conservative land. The higher taxes, the new taxes, the constant spending proposals, ALL at the hands of conservatives.
"Talk about whining!" Now that's them babies really bawlin'... Great work DC

Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I've only been to Vernal once, and that was years ago--but is there some sort of issue in the area where Democrats or the Federal Government are prohibiting or restricting oil and gas drilling recently? Because I was under the impression that recently--even under the Obama Administration--that area had been booming due to oil and gas production. Are townspeople angry because they can't drill somewhere nearby?

It's also guys like this clown running the restaurant that sort of like to pigeonhole everything into two opposing sides that like to really ruin any meaningful political discourse. I might be a liberal or a moderate or whatever, but how do you know about how I personally feel about oil drilling in the region or any other issue.

Any how this guy running the smoothie joint in Vernal isn't even from Vernal, this is just his way of trying to fit in...
It's an oil field. Every oil field booms and busts when the price of oil goes up or down. There was a lot of exploration going on in the 80's, and there were a lot of wells drilled in the Vernal area that were shut down when the price of oil hit the bottom of the market and stayed there for many years.

For the folks who moved permanently to Vernal, or any of the oil towns out here, it's very hard when a person is making high wages for years and then they are suddenly out of a job. It's much easier to blame whoever or whatever is happening in Washington than it is to blame Wall Street.

Who knows who the powerful people are in the commodities market? I don't. I'm sure most of us don't. Even if we knew who they are, the knowledge isn't going to change anything, as those guys can ruin the lives of oilfield workers, but are not committing crimes.

Resentment is easier than making an entirely different different career and way of life for most folks. The causes that made the resentment may disappear, but not the hard feelings. Some people get over it and move on, and others don't. Still others feel the need to announce to the world how angry they are and will remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies