Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
So, you proceed to say "The NRA is using you people", then continue to say "some Americans are really dumb"... am I to presume you are calling me dumb?

And **** the NRA, myself and just about everyone I know could give a crap less about them. All we care about is the second amendment. So, feel free to hang on to your own conclusions, you really don't know much about me.

Another day on City-Data forums...
If I call you dumb, you will know it when I do because it will come as a direct personal attack.

I think people who buy into the NRA are no better than a cheap lobbyist on capital hill, paying membership fees is so dumb, because when the government comes down and begins restricting things, that will be when the "fat lady" has sung, the membership dues will have been paid for nothing. And I will love it.

And who knows, If certain things are restricted, it will mean the government has won, and the NRA has lost, and people who pay their fees will see that it is a hollow organization with no "real powers" at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Only guns for the kings and all the kings men.

Great, the NRA is keeping it classy.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM

129 posts, read 81,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Lanza shouldn't have had easy access to a gun, much less multiple guns, and an upbringing drowning in guns.
Well, that not my or any other firearm owners fault. He killed the person who let him have that access. A gun owner would have killed him. We wouldn't feel sorry for his goon ass like his mommy did. He took her life to show thanks.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If I call you dumb, you will know it when I do because it will come as a direct personal attack.
Well, that's kinda what it seemed like to me.

Now, myself, I really don't give a crap about the NRA, but I do understand they have probably been one of the few obstacles to the complete redaction of the second amendment. So, before you go and label tens of millions of Americans as "stupid", maybe you should understand their point-of-view.

But that wouldn't be as easy, I understand.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post

I think people who buy into the NRA are no better than a cheap lobbyist on capital hill, paying membership fees is so dumb, because when the government comes down and begins restricting things, that will be when the "fat lady" has sung, the membership dues will have been paid for nothing. And I will love it.

And who knows, If certain things are restricted, it will mean the government has won, and the NRA has lost, and people who pay their fees will see that it is a hollow organization with no "real powers" at all.
It will mean you lost too. You like all the rest of the liberals are just too stupid to realize for yourself.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Well, that's kinda what it seemed like to me.

Now, myself, I really don't give a crap about the NRA, but I do understand they have probably been one of the few obstacles to the complete redaction of the second amendment. So, before you go and label tens of millions of Americans as "stupid", maybe you should understand their point-of-view.

But that wouldn't be as easy, I understand.
Many firearm owners don't even belong to the NRA.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Most people's daughters don't have entire online forums full of people dedicated to destroying their parents.

do you mean like the media and liberals like to destroy sarah palins kids? if you use the same data, then palins kids should be getting more secret service protection than obamas kids have.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut2You View Post
Well, that not my or any other firearm owners fault. He killed the person who let him have that access. A gun owner would have killed him. We wouldn't feel sorry for his goon ass like his mommy did. He took her life to show thanks.
Stop being overly defensive.
- A firearms owner, who has his gun double locked, with ammunition locked separately, as a requirement by Texas to allow fostering/adoption... I don't whine about it because I understand why it might be necessary.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do you mean like the media and liberals like to destroy sarah palins kids? if you use the same data, then palins kids should be getting more secret service protection than obamas kids have.
Too busy trying to ban guns and arming Secret Service with Sig Sauer P-229 357SIGs and FN P90 5.7X28mm sub machineguns to protect your girls that no one would even want to harm in the first place.

You might get cooties from touching one.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Stop being overly defensive.
- A firearms owner.
Lanza's mother owned a whole whopping five firearms. I'd hardly call her well armed.

She was a newb at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies