Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM

651 posts, read 702,635 times

Advertisements

By that I mean that all the fire and brim stone could it end up being just a pop of much ado about nothing? I am not sure that anything will pass. But have you noticed that all the talking heads are all using the same language? I have even seen them back up after saying gun control and restate it as gun safety laws. They are purposely trying to reach the low info people on the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
Seems that way. People who can legally have guns just need to jump through more hoops to have guns.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,871,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
By that I mean that all the fire and brim stone could it end up being just a pop of much ado about nothing? I am not sure that anything will pass. But have you noticed that all the talking heads are all using the same language? I have even seen them back up after saying gun control and restate it as gun safety laws. They are purposely trying to reach the low info people on the fence.
I'm thinking that is what will happen.
I believe Obama ran into more opposition that he expected and is making a lot of noise but actually scaling back and doing very little.

We'll see.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I'm thinking that is what will happen.
I believe Obama ran into more opposition that he expected and is making a lot of noise but actually scaling back and doing very little.

We'll see.
After reading some articles I'm thinking that too.
Nothing earth shattering here.

Could also be that the Constitution/Bill of Rights was very smartly worded as well by men who took their time to think things through and come up with words that would stand the test of time.
Thank God the Founding Fathers were not emotional knee-jerkers.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,418,378 times
Quote:
That is what I have been saying all along but Republicans just love their fear rhetoric.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,078,026 times
I'm just crossing me fingers that we can at a very least get an assault weapons ban in place before it does die down. It's absolutely insane to have those available to average citizens.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,722,876 times
Quote:
I've noticed formerly $1000.00 AR-15s cost $2000.00+ now and are all "out of stock"; I guess the end result will be a bunch of suckers who paid too much for guns they probably wouldn't have bought in the first place had they not freaked out in a blind panic.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,722,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I'm just crossing me fingers that we can at a very least get an assault weapons ban in place before it does die down. It's absolutely insane to have those available to average citizens.
They are banned in Chicago. A lot of good that does ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies