Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
It's funny, isn't that the moral of the discussion I've put forth with you over the last day or so of discussions with you?

Who really wants to keep away from who? Everywhere we whites go minorities follow us. Don't like us, don't follow us.

Sincerely
We didn't follow you anywhere. Last I heard, the vast majority of black people didn't ask to come here. Now we are here, and you're stuck with us. You don't like it? YOU get the hell out. Last I heard, Minnesota was not located in Europe.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. Remember though that the facts prove minorities everywhere go where we go despite some our efforts to seperate ourselves from certain people.

That's problematic; not as problematic as a white boy like me trying to walk through Cabrini Green at this time of night as it is for you to walk through Fargo at the same time, so keep it in mind.

Sincerely.
There are many, many more areas in this country where a black person is in danger of being harmed by whites than the other way around. Whites go into the hood all the time, as most drug customers happen to be Caucasian.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Since you can't address my rhetorical question about minorities following us everywhere we go like hungry little children - that's why it was rhetorical - unanswerable - I won't bother to address yours.
That was the difference between your question and mine. My question wasn't rhetorical. It was a question that required an answer. And I answered your question a long time ago. I mentioned that people go wherever they feel they can do better.

Quote:
Sincerely

I sincerely do wish you the best and wish you would address the problem in YOUR community before getting all self righteous about the deficiencies in white communities. We have our problems - you have yours. Maybe...MAYBE, some day we can all live together in peace. But it starts with you and yours my friend...you and yours
Quite a few Blacks are already addressing certain issues. The difference is that you give no consideration for the individual. It isn't just Bill Cosby that has addressed certain issues. But look at how he addressed it. He was calling out a specific segment of the Black population. He wasn't blaming the entire Black population. I feel that you blame the entire Black population.

And listen to this guy, the mayor of Philadelphia, a Black man condemning the criminal activities going on during a certain night in August 2011. He is lashing out specifically at the individuals who caused harm. He isn't condemning the entire Black population.

Michael Nutter - Mayor of Philadelphia Church Speech Sunday August 7, 2011 - YouTube

I never said that your ancestors caused any problems. However, when you adopt bigoted attitudes, you are not doing your part to create a more peaceful society.

Trust me, there are Black people trying to address certain problems, especially those persons who cause problems. Guess what. Those persons never listen to Black people like me. Black people like me have basically cut their loses and go looking for communities with people who are like-minded and goal-oriented. We try to avoid criminals of any race.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Most wouldn't take issue with minorities going here or there, except for the fact that communities made up of a higher minority population equates to more crime and violence. That is the problem of demographics with sectors of the minority communities, unfortunately more so the black community. Thus far, when the minority population starts to out number non-minorities, things start going down hill.

And what's strange is how whites are still viewed as largely racist by some today, yet there isn't anywhere in America where blacks or other minorities are literally too frightened to go or no better to stay clear from. Yet, us whites pretty much have communities in every state where we know not to go near.

Show me a white community today where an Eilman incident (look it up if you dont know it and its one of many) would be almost guaranteed to happen to a minority.
You're kidding me, right? There are vast swaths, even entire states where I wouldn't feel comfortable venturing.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Most wouldn't take issue with minorities going here or there, except for the fact that communities made up of a higher minority population equates to more crime and violence. That is the problem of demographics with sectors of the minority communities, unfortunately more so the black community. Thus far, when the minority population starts to out number non-minorities, things start going down hill.

And what's strange is how whites are still viewed as largely racist by some today, yet there isn't anywhere in America where blacks or other minorities are literally too frightened to go or no better to stay clear from. Yet, us whites pretty much have communities in every state where we know not to go near.

Show me a white community today where an Eilman incident (look it up if you dont know it and its one of many) would be almost guaranteed to happen to a minority.
Most minorities are not criminal-minded. Most try to stay away from criminals. How do minorities who aren't criminals, who do obey the law, pose a threat to Fargo? The way I see it, if I'm obeying the law, if I'm conducting myself properly, my race shouldn't matter.

Actually, there are some places that Blacks don't want to go to, like certain small towns in the South. Ever hear of Vidor,TX? Forsyth County,GA?

Actually, have you ever heard of something called "starlight tours"? Sounds similar to the Eilman incident.
Starlight tours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saskatoon freezing deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this happened to minorities.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Who cares what Coulter thinks?

America has a problem with gun violence. PERIOD. Perspectives like that of regressive Coulter are a part of the PROBLEM...rendering that perspective meaningless, irrelevant, ineffective, and not worth the time of all of us on the side of President Obama who are among the most enlightened in this country.

This problem can only be dealt with effectively by those who don't have the same backwards view of this country that Coulter has.

Blacks > Klan/Coulter-think

Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 PM

215 posts, read 182,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I've seen both of Prince's parents. Neither of them are white. Not that it would matter in any event - because it wouldn't.

Lots of people in Minnesota and other parts of the world are egomaniacs who are full of themselves. Even some of those wonderful, pristine Caucasians you love so much actually have egos. Some are even douches. Film at 11.
He's half white.

Quote:
We didn't follow you anywhere. Last I heard, the vast majority of black people didn't ask to come here. Now we are here, and you're stuck with us. You don't like it? YOU get the hell out. Last I heard, Minnesota was not located in Europe.
I didn't ask to come here either. I'd much rather I'd have been born in my ancestors' land. I don't like America for one second for what crap it's worth.

Quote:
There are many, many more areas in this country where a black person is in danger of being harmed by whites than the other way around.
LMAO

Dumb---

Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
You're kidding me, right? There are vast swaths, even entire states where I wouldn't feel comfortable venturing.
Comfortable and fearful/scared for your life because there is reason to be are two different things

Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
He's half white.

I didn't ask to come here either. I'd much rather I'd have been born in my ancestors' land. I don't like America for one second for what crap it's worth.

LMAO

Dumb---
Prince is not half white. Both of his parents are black. Purple Rain is a movie dude...its not real life.

And thank you for Paul Wellstone. A Minnesotan that I truly respected. Big loss for us lefties.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM

215 posts, read 182,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Prince is not half white. Both of his parents are black. Purple Rain is a movie dude...its not real life.

And thank you for Paul Wellstone. A Minnesotan that I truly respected. Big loss for us lefties.
I've read his biography, thank you very much. His mother was half Italian (i.e. WHITE).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies