Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think another way to approach the "gun control" issue is to ask these questions.

1) Why do some of these mass shooters go on these rampages?
2) Why does Black-on-Black violence occur?

These questions need to be asked because the problems with violence in this nation, in my opinion, are a symptom of other problems. One thing that disturbs me about Ann Coulter is that I don't think she's truly interested in solving problems. I think she is just a loudmouth who just says "it's Blacks" without really giving any thought as to the causes of violence in this nation. It isn't merely about WHO commits violence, but why the persons are committing that violence.
umm.. why do you quote coulter saying 'it's blacks' when she never mentioned blacks? is that just something you made up because you thought it sounded good?
and does that give you a window of reason that your extreme level of disturb appears to be you working yourself into a lather over.. not very much?

btw, congrats on your 82nd post to this thread featuring someone you consider a 'waste of time.'

Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
It could be suspected that

1) Said persons try to downplay or deny that such prejudice exists.
2) Some of those very persons might feel that Blacks shouldn't own guns. Someone on this thread pretty much said it would be better if all minorities were disarmed.
God forbid if something happens and they would be able to fight back

Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
(I think you mean mass killers) How in the world am I going to list them? You probably have to submit a special request to the FBI or have access to the records to gain that info.
But I bet anyone can rattle off at the top of their heads the number of white (male) mass murderers in the past ten years

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
At least with mass shootings it is difficult. This is part of why it is hard to get an accurate assessment on shooting.
Yeap, but not with serial killers, thats why he made it clear because serial killers can accounted for easier. Mass murderers just kill anyone with a second thought at the time. Serial killers are sick people that plan and go after certain type of people without a conscious at all.
List of serial killers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

American Serial Killers List - Worst Serial Killers In America

Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But I bet anyone can rattle off at the top of their heads the number of white (male) mass murderers in the past ten years
I bet nobody can name a single killer's name they have not heard on the news 24/7. I can think of V. Tech (Korean), Aurora (white), Columbine (White), Newtown (white), and Grand Rapids (Black), but that's far from exhaustive and the only reason I know of those killers is because of the news. Bank robberies still happen, but unless it makes the news or effects you, you won't hear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yeap, but not with serial killers, thats why he made it clear because serial killers can accounted for easier. Mass murderers just kill anyone with a second thought at the time. Serial killers are sick people that plan and go after certain type of people without a conscious at all.
List of serial killers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

American Serial Killers List - Worst Serial Killers In America
There is no shortage of AA serial killers either, but if I started talking about serial killers you would have said "don't change the topic we are talking about mass murderers". If you want to talk about serial killers we can, there is plenty of documentation on serial killers.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I bet nobody can name a single killer's name they have not heard on the news 24/7. I can think of V. Tech (Korean), Aurora (white), Columbine (White), Newtown (white), and Grand Rapids (Black), but that's far from exhaustive and the only reason I know of those killers is because of the news. Bank robberies still happen, but unless it makes the news or effects you, you won't hear about it.

There is no shortage of AA serial killers either, but if I started talking about serial killers you would have said "don't change the topic we are talking about mass murderers". If you want to talk about serial killers we can, there is plenty of documentation on serial killers.
I was pointing out that there is a difference between the two. Actually, when you quote statistics there are way more white serial killers then any other ethnic group. This is something that can be verified by the FBI. Mass murderers are a little different to track because they are more likely to get away compared to serial killers. Incidently, the people that you mentioned above are all mass murderers and not serial killers.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Sounds like you want to disarm non-Whites.
those laws were passed in liberal Democratic state and cites, Visa via Chicago..please tell me how that has worked.

It all makes "sense", however, when you consider their motives - Power and Control over you and society. They don't believe in Liberty or Freedom, but Dependency or Subjugation imposed incrementally.

Reality is what refuses to go away when you do not believe in it.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
those laws were passed in liberal Democratic state and cites, Visa via Chicago..please tell me how that has worked.

It all makes "sense", however, when you consider their motives - Power and Control over you and society. They don't believe in Liberty or Freedom, but Dependency or Subjugation imposed incrementally.

Uh huh. Lets look at that reality a bit. Violence as a whole, assaults and murders committed with any given weapon, giving guns a top billing. Ok, a fair comparison, by demographic shows tbat shooting sprees and sniper attacks, with a couple noteable exceptions, are done by weird white guys. However, these types of incidents are pretty rare, per capita.

Switching the focus to gang areas of large urban areas, Chicago, LA, NYC, Detroit etc, how many shootings and murders happen DAILY? Crip kills Blood, Blood kills Latin King, Latin King kills La Emme, La Emme kills Brown Pride, Brown Pride kills some innocent, as part of a "jumping in"..on and on it goes. Is this stuff happening in white neighborboods? How many Blacks and Hispanics and even Asians more and more, die or are maimed DAILY, in gang related shootings, committed by people oc their own "demographic"? Is tbis a rampant problem with whites, shooting at each other over drug turf and gang colors? Are these ethnic punks respecting the fact it is illegal to even bave a firearm in many of the locals they occupy? Anne Coulter is pretty much on target here.

Where are you more likely to see shots fired and people killed randomly, Compton, or a white area? Call it racist, maybe it is not but its the truth. So called "minorities" are murdering each other, stray rounds are zipping through some innocent peoples walls, some poor guy/woman/kid is in the line of fire between two Hispanic gangs, as we sit here pondering, how many of these mentioned are now dead? In this same soace of time, how many Adam Lanzas have popped up?

Hmmmmm....

Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,036 times
There are white gangs in the L.A. area gunslinging it out. Not very many, but they're there.

Also, consider that all this gunslinging wasn't a thing until about the early 80s when crack cocaine hit. Before that all they did was beat on each other, with the occasional stabbing, and shootings were rare. Back in the 50s and 60s (many of the black gangs have been around since then, or since the 1920s in some cases, and some of the Latino gangs have been around since before WWI) you could walk into a hardware store anywhere in Los Angeles and walk back out with a handgun, no questions asked.

You can't just reduce it to color and call it a day. Pay attention to history.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

Visa via Chicago? What does that mean? They're lobbing credit cards at each other like Japanese Throwing Stars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies