Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
It isn't just a non white problem. As usual, she's cherry picking the facts that most suit her agenda. Yeah, most violent crime is committed by nonwhites, but it doesn't mean gun violence is a nonwhite problem. Almost all the psychopaths who have committed school shootings in the US were young white males. The fact is those kinds of shootings don't happen in Belgium, so comparing the US white population to the Belgian white population while ignoring that fact is sort of ridiculous.
yup, that is the commonly held thought, that crazy white kids are the mass murderers. We know how many people these crazy white boys killed, but that is only because we were able to document those murders.

How many people do some of these gang-bangers murder over their lifetime, do we even know? We have hundreds of people killed in drive-by and execution styled gangland shootings, and no one knows who these people are, or how many people they killed. Maybe if we did have documented data on these gang related murders, some brown skinned folks would be on the top of the list for mass murderer.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I wish you would leave...
Nah.........I'm staying right here. You wanna be away from me or those like me? They've got airports in Alabama, right?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A good post H, but a correction:

A FEW people think that. Coulter, who makes a living being a one-woman media hog, and her fans. Which, judging by the HUGE piles of un-sold, marked-down Ann Coulter books at bookstores, are dwindling by the day. Something happens to FOX and she *poof* disappears. And so does all her nonsense. She's a loudmouth with a microphone. Nothing more.
well said.

anyone who calls 911 widows hags, has karma coming back at her

Nine fold.

just another irrelevant media ***.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL0QFZBLca4

I like the way Michael Nutter is putting this. You can tell that he cares. You can tell that he isn't lashing out at the entire Black population. He is lashing out at those particular persons involved in criminal activity. He targets the persons involved, not the entire race.

Ann Coulter was targeting all non-Whites. She didn't make any mention of gang violence. She just said non-Whites. She was going after people as a race. That is what angers me. Gun violence is a criminal problem, a problem with gangs. It was a problem with gangs during Prohibition, when you had White gang members going around bootlegging and doing so much shooting. Chicago was a rough town in those days as it is now. St. Louis, which traded places with some other cities for murder capital of the USA, it was a rough city in the 1920s with Polish, German, and Italian gangs. Target the gang members, not the entire race.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
There is no gun problem in this country.

There is no crime problem in this country.

There is no demographic problem in this country.

This country is prosperous, very safe, and refreshingly diverse. The only problem in this country is how many people want to whine and give up their rights to the government.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm willing to bet that most states do not allow "non--whites" to register firearms. Not without great difficulty in any case. I won't get too specific about it but I have family who have attempted to register firearms and were visited by local law enforcement and told that this would effectively put a target on their backs if ever there was even a faint hint of anything gnarly taking place on their street. They were free to own hunting rifles but not handguns. I don't know how many of my family own handguns but it wouldn't be many. I do know that none of them are registered. I also know that none of them are gang banging or in any way criminals.

The public isn't upset over gang-bangers killing each other. Those shootings rarely even make the local news. However, the state of fear that possesses white America is fueled by the images of armed black and brown home invaders raiding white owned homes in the suburbs. It so rarely happens and as we know, those idle guns in white suburban homes do account for a significant percent of the overall gun violence in America.
There you have it. There is a gun club in my largely white suburb, and I happened to run into the club president, an old associate, who remarked that after Obama's first election, membership numbers soared. So I remarked that maybe I needed to get a gun and start learning how to shoot. He was like, "No, don't do that!" I told him I lived in the same town as he did and was an American just like he was. So why didn't he want me to have a gun like he had? I wonder...................

And yes, it is all but impossible for nonwhites (and whites, for that matter), to register a gun in my state.

Quote:
Non-whites are very effectively disarmed by local intolerance to non-whites having concealed carry permits. What guns remain in the non-white community are by default illegally obtained. Seems to me if you want to prevent guns from winding up in the inner city you might simply not make any? Seems to work in the UK. Don't make any guns, no one can have one. Oh sure the odd one or three wind up over there... you can't deny this. Is it ANY comparison to the out of control and lets admit it, COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE situation we have here?

There are no black people in my city. The hispanics are not gun loving and don't shoot each other or anyone else with any frequency. White rednecks and a few other white people somewhat higher in the pecking order account for ALL of the gun violence that makes the news. Ann Coulter can take a flying, and so can Old Army Soldier for being suckered in by that predictable line of tripe. Black people aren't your problem. Black people did not invent, market and now fetishise the owning of killing technology. Black people did not enshrine the ability to kill one's fellow man into Holy Writ. Kindly leave us out of it. Black people have been shooting and killing each other without much white concern since I don't know when. Until 20 white schoolchildren got murdered by a white shooter America didn't know it had a gun problem. Now it has this Epiphany, and it is that black people somehow.. ... I've got to leave it here. It doesn't go well for me if I am late picking here up. You understand I'm sure...
H
Impactful as usual - though at least one of those babies killed in Newtown, CT was not white.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Factually, it would cut violent crime down.
So what you are suggesting is, white people should be able to get guns easier and non-whites should have their guns taken away? Sounds like someone doesn't really support the Constitution...and it sounds like someone wants to be more like Nazi Germany when the government took away the guns from the Jews and armed the Germans.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There is no gun problem in this country.

There is no crime problem in this country.

There is no demographic problem in this country.

This country is prosperous, very safe, and refreshingly diverse. The only problem in this country is how many people want to whine and give up their rights to the government.
There are issues in every country, and the USA is no exception. However, I would say than Ann Coulter is little more than a loudmouth.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are issues in every country, and the USA is no exception. However, I would say than Ann Coulter is little more than a loudmouth.
She's paid to be a loudmouth. In reality, she's doing coke and being bedded from behind, from above, and through the backdoor. Do you honestly think a single woman, never married, is really a conservative?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Factually, it would cut violent crime down.
It goes against the constitution. Every USA citizen has a right to own a gun. This means every USA citizen, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, Biracial, etc. If you disarm every non-White person, even those who haven't committed crimes, then you would be punishing the innocent as well.

Even so, if you want to talk about disarming non-Whites, I have this to present. In Chicago, it is next to impossible to get a firearm legally. Somehow, 500 or so murders are committed in Chicago per year. Chicago has ever seen 900 murders. Alot of it is tied to gang activity. Gang members do not care how they get their guns. They do so illegally.

Let's go back even further. Alot of gun control laws are rooted in keeping Blacks disarmed. Black slaves were forbidden to own guns. Why? Slave owners feared slave rebellions. I wonder why? Maybe it's because no one wanted to be slaves. I can understand why so many slave rebellions occurred. Harriet Tubman had a gun, and she helped to lead slaves to freedom.

And then you have the days of Jim Crow. I looked up a gun statute in Georgia. In Georgia,there is a law stating that you can't carry your gun in church. In Minnesota, however, you can carry a gun in church. Why? You might want to take into consideration the role of the KKK. The KKK could intimidate Blacks without impunity. Alot of Black churches got burned too.

I say target the gangs that use the guns, target those individuals who commit crimes, not those who are obeying the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies