Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
They support a colorblind society with emphasis on personal responsibility and intact families, personal choice in healthcare and schools, and a market driven economy with healthy job growth.

The "problem" is that Republicans don't want anything special for blacks. And, to liberals, that qualifies as racism. What Republicans have done to make blacks want to vote for them, is assume they are human beings capable of being responsible and competent just like everyone else. The liberals, on the other hand, preach blacks as victims who are helpless to succeed unless government does it for them. They've managed to equate not supporting special initiatives for blacks as racism against blacks.

Nobody forces 70% of black births to be to single mothers and nobody forces blacks to drop out of school at such high rates. If blacks would stay together and raise their children in two parent households and encourage those children to stay in school, then within a generation you'd see a transformation of the black community. Both of these things, fatherlessness and education, are cultural within the black community and have nothing to do with racism. And both of these things are historically proven to be the major contributors to poverty and lack of opportunity across all races. White communities afflicted with the same problems have the same outcomes. It's not race.

So instead of asking what Republicans can do for blacks that's different than what Democrats are doing for blacks, why not ask what blacks can do for themselves?
Dens admit racism that's enough for most of us to vote dem republicans don't admit it while its there it's a good ole boy club in a lot of jobs but republicans never admit it. This topic has been best to death, 96% compared to 4 is quite a big difference that says how most blacks feel about racism in America.

I've posted several article on work discrimination alone, it's all over the web.

Republicans need to admit a lot if things before blacks in large numbers will vote for them until them whining online about black behavior and issues isn't really gonna help you come election season.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I would love to know what the hell it is with high profile conservative blacks and insulting other black people. I don't mean just not agreeing with them or having different viewpoints, I mean insulting them, personally insulting them. We have both Allen West and Herman Cain speaking of the "Democratic plantation" as if the blacks who vote Democratic are only slaves and haven't put any thought into their vote. We have Allen West claiming to be a latter day Harriet Tubman helping black people off "the plantation". Of any black person wants to change their political affiliation they are quite capable of doing so on their own. Maybe a little googling because a lot of them, like me, haven't changed parties in decades but they wouldn't need Allen West. We have Herman Cain claiming that if he got the nomination he'd get 30% of the black vote as if one third of the blacks who voted for Obama in 2008 only voted for him because he was black and supposedly they would have voted for Cain in 2012 because he's "blacker" and that actually sounds a little bit logical, if you turn your head and squint, when compared with Petersen's claim that all black people who voted for Obama did so only because they think he's Jesus. If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity.

Then there's the "brainwashing" claim, I'd forgotten about that one. To say that one's been brainwashed is an insult too since unless you're in captivity you really can't be brainwashed unless you're lacking something or deficient in something
The whole game of many black conservatives is that they aren't speaking to black people. They are speaking to a group of people who have fairly negative feelings about black people in general.

So, by insulting black people, they send the single that they are one of them.

Nothing more is going on.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The whole game of many black conservatives is that they aren't speaking to black people. They are speaking to a group of people who have fairly negative feelings about black people in general.

So, by insulting black people, they send the single that they are one of them.

Nothing more is going on.
It would appear that your knowledge of race relations and reality is non existent.....

Carry on with the ignorance

Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I would love to know what the hell it is with high profile conservative blacks and insulting other black people. I don't mean just not agreeing with them or having different viewpoints, I mean insulting them, personally insulting them. We have both Allen West and Herman Cain speaking of the "Democratic plantation" as if the blacks who vote Democratic are only slaves and haven't put any thought into their vote. We have Allen West claiming to be a latter day Harriet Tubman helping black people off "the plantation". Of any black person wants to change their political affiliation they are quite capable of doing so on their own. Maybe a little googling because a lot of them, like me, haven't changed parties in decades but they wouldn't need Allen West. We have Herman Cain claiming that if he got the nomination he'd get 30% of the black vote as if one third of the blacks who voted for Obama in 2008 only voted for him because he was black and supposedly they would have voted for Cain in 2012 because he's "blacker" and that actually sounds a little bit logical, if you turn your head and squint, when compared with Petersen's claim that all black people who voted for Obama did so only because they think he's Jesus. If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity.

Then there's the "brainwashing" claim, I'd forgotten about that one. To say that one's been brainwashed is an insult too since unless you're in captivity you really can't be brainwashed unless you're lacking something or deficient in something
Lefties HATE it when a black man escapes from the plantation of government dependency and then talks about it.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It would appear that your knowledge of race relations and reality is non existent.....

Carry on with the ignorance
Lol, my knowledge can always be improved, but there is no doubt that many black conservatives don't speak to black people. Many black conservatives are speaking to an audience that has fairly negative feelings about black people in general.

So their anti-black people sentiments are in line with that audience. Nothing more is going on.

Here is the test, name one self identified black conservative that has wide support with black Americans.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Lol, my knowledge can always be improved, but there is no doubt that many black conservatives don't speak to black people. Many black conservatives are speaking to an audience that has fairly negative feelings about black people in general.

So their anti-black people sentiments are in line with that audience. Nothing more is going on.

Here is the test, name one self identified black conservative that has wide support with black Americans.
Just because someone who is black sees through the garbage that the racist Dem party throws at blacks and others they deem as victims does not mean they are bad. The left sees the blacks in America as votes, not people but through propaganda has support

I think many blacks would have supported Hermann Cain if he wasn't destroyed by the Dems in the media...

Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Just because someone who is black sees through the garbage that the racist Dem party throws at blacks and others they deem as victims does not mean they are bad. The left sees the blacks in America as votes, not people but through propaganda has support

I think many blacks would have supported Hermann Cain if he wasn't destroyed by the Dems in the media...

Lol you are missing the point, but that's ok. Again, my point is that many black conservatives don't speak to black Americans.

My point is that black conservatives speak to an audience that has fairly negative opinions about black people in general, and so their anti-black sentiments are in line with that audience.

I asked you to name one self identified black conservative who has wide spread support amongst black Americans.

To that post you respond with nonsense about the Democratic party which is irrelevant to my points, and Herman Cain, who didn't and never has had wide spread support from black Americans.

Thanks for trying though.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Lol you are missing the point, but that's ok. Again, my point is that many black conservatives don't speak to black Americans.

My point is that black conservatives speak to an audience that has fairly negative opinions about black people in general, and so their anti-black sentiments are in line with that audience.

I asked you to name one self identified black conservative who has wide spread support amongst black Americans.

To that post you respond with nonsense about the Democratic party which is irrelevant to my points, and Herman Cain, who didn't and never has had wide spread support from black Americans.

Thanks for trying though.
why don't you just admit that the black americans that you refer to support democrats and dislike black conservatives because most of them are government dependent in some way, and are subjected to fear mongering that conservatives will "take away their check". They know that conservatives want to cut government waste, and liberals have convinced them that they are the waste that will be cut.

this has less to do with "personality" than to do with "paychecks".

otherwise, the black community might have stood up against obama's foreign wars, drone strikes, foreign aid handouts, expansion of the patriot act, GITMO waffling, embracing of illegal immigrants (and making them promises that he knows we cannot keep), incursions into africa, lack of prosecution of wall street criminals, awarding those big bonuses to the bailout recipients via his appointed pay czar, triple canopy profiteering, corzine supporting BS, federal reserve printing BS.

if they were making their own money they might just object to their currency being degraded by idiots.

i will say that one site seems to stand up to obama in the black community (blackagendareports.com) and that site only, although for different reasons.

did you know, on a side note, that the sequester which everyone "fears" is the equivalent to a salary of 100,000 dollars and being asked to take away 25 cents. if the government can't find 25 cents to cut, without hurting any citizen, it really is a sad government.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black conservatives are mostly ok. They've got their Uncle Tom's over there like Allen West and Jessie Lee Peterson, and unfortunately, they're given the biggest bullhorns.
The goto line pulled from the "How To Be Black" handbook: If they don't push the victimization koolaid and perpetual agenda of guilt, they are Uncle Toms.

Saying that "You don't pay much attention to Uncle Toms" confirms everything I thought about you.

The 60s are calling and they want thier black power bumper stickers back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Dens admit racism that's enough for most of us to vote dem republicans don't admit it while its there it's a good ole boy club in a lot of jobs but republicans never admit it. This topic has been best to death, 96% compared to 4 is quite a big difference that says how most blacks feel about racism in America.

I've posted several article on work discrimination alone, it's all over the web.

Republicans need to admit a lot if things before blacks in large numbers will vote for them until them whining online about black behavior and issues isn't really gonna help you come election season.
WOW!

Dems live on the racism platform. Even if there were no racism to speak of, they'd make sure to construct it. Who's worse, the ones who aren't racists being labeled as racists, or the ones doing the labeling?

Last edited by steven_h; 02-18-2013 at 05:19 PM..

Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The goto line pulled from the "How To Be Black" handbook: If they don't push the victimization koolaid and perpetual agenda of guilt, they are Uncle Toms.
Odd, I've read "How to be Black" from cover to cover, and I don't recall anything about calling other black people Uncle Toms.

In any event, it's folks like West and Peterson that push the victimization agenda the most. But they upend things and portray white people as somehow the victims of black people - West by rambling about some "democrat plantation" that keeps republicans from getting the support they deserve from black people, and Peterson by outright stating that black people are the actual racists in the US.

But whatever, you folks can keep listening to them and paying them for as long as you want. When the GOP decides to get serious about earning black votes and support, the avenues of communication will still be wide open for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies