Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 7,543 times

Advertisements

Where are they now? We all knew where they stood when Travon Martin was killed, but apparently racism only goes one way. 3 Black teens assault a white boy on a bus in florida and all Jackson has to say about it is "They got what they deserved" they got 9 months probation. And Obama, sharpton, neither of them seem to have a thing to say about it, but Travon Martin gets killed and none of them can keep their mouthes shut. Now thats one case. But one week ago 3 Blacks, 2 adults one teen. Shot and killed an Australian college student in Oklahoma for "fun" apparently, but he did apparently post racist tweets on twitter. And once again Sharpton, jackson, none of them have a thing to say about it. Now this is getting rediculous and its really bothering me, this one sided bull crap by these so called civil rights activists who basically make their livings off stirring up racial conflicts. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
they dont get upset about those things because they dont fit their narrative that whites are always preying on blacks. when the tables are turned they just shrug their shoulders and walk away usually without comment.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwetnaojw View Post
Where are they now? We all knew where they stood when Travon Martin was killed, but apparently racism only goes one way. 3 Black teens assault a white boy on a bus in florida and all Jackson has to say about it is "They got what they deserved" they got 9 months probation. And Obama, sharpton, neither of them seem to have a thing to say about it, but Travon Martin gets killed and none of them can keep their mouthes shut. Now thats one case. But one week ago 3 Blacks, 2 adults one teen. Shot and killed an Australian college student in Oklahoma for "fun" apparently, but he did apparently post racist tweets on twitter. And once again Sharpton, jackson, none of them have a thing to say about it. Now this is getting rediculous and its really bothering me, this one sided bull crap by these so called civil rights activists who basically make their livings off stirring up racial conflicts. Any thoughts?
Why do the opinions of these specific men (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) hold such value for YOU?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do the opinions of these specific men (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) hold such value for YOU?
Not valued by me, their opinions are valued by millions around the nation. Obviousily they got to where they are now because so many people supported what they said. And i also include obama on this list considering his quote about travon was "it could of been my son", and he has said nothing about these other two cases, im concerned about the direction this country is going and with these bafoons rileing up the black community against whites and totally ignoring the black on white violence, it doesnt seem like were going the right way at all.

To answer your question, their opinions dont have to matter to me, they already matter to and influence millions negetavly

Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Not valued by me, their opinions are valued by millions around the nation. Obviousily they got to where they are now because so many people supported what they said. And i also include obama on this list considering his quote about travon was "it could of been my son", and he has said nothing about these other two cases, im concerned about the direction this country is going and with these bafoons rileing up the black community against whites and totally ignoring the black on white violence, it doesnt seem like were going the right way at all.

To answer your question, their opinions dont have to matter to me, they already matter to and influence millions negetavly
if they dont matter, then why are you complaining about them not commenting.

too many whites think sharpton and jackson are the official spokesman of black people because the white media uses them as there go to guys on racial issues.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
if they dont matter, then why are you complaining about them not commenting.

too many whites think sharpton and jackson are the official spokesman of black people because the white media uses them as there go to guys on racial issues.
Because its racially dividing our country, something i never thought would be an issue again.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Because its racially dividing our country, something i never thought would be an issue again. Unless thats what your advocating? Because it is an issue, google search it youll get hits all over. Its a forum with a political section, were you expecting no complaints?
nothing is being divided.

its just people who want division amongst the races spending all day race baiting.

nobody is talking about these events in my daily conversations i have.

these are isolated occurrences, the criminals have been charged and will be sentenced.

leave it at that.

your just buying into the media narrative spending your time dwelling on this minor stuff.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
nothing is being divided.

its just people who want division amongst the races spending all day race baiting.

nobody is talking about these events in my daily conversations i have.

these are isolated occurrences, the criminals have been charged and will be sentenced.

leave it at that.

your just buying into the media narrative spending your time dwelling on this minor stuff.
Not just me who disagrees with you, and you can google search that. If it wasn't a big deal it wouldn't be on the news, and Obama wouldn't be making speeches. 9 months probation to the kids who broke this poor boys ribs and arm.... My friend got a years probation for having less than a gram of pot on him. And jessie jackson has the nerve to tell the press these kids got just what they deserved, thats a big deal to me, injustice is a big deal to me and id like to think this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies