Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is the country that voted to reelect George W. Bush, those voters could be in chains, but if FOX News told them they were free, they'd raise their manacled hand to their heart and start singing God Bless America.

The Dumbing Down of America is skillfully and artfully practiced on these low information rubes
You are proof of that, as are the others who voted for Obama twice.....oh well, you should know that the Dems have figured out how to win elections..... by giving people things

Thankfully, I will not be joining the ranks of the low IQ Demotard voters and will keep my self respect and free thinking ability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
You are proof of that, as are the others who voted for Obama twice.....oh well, you should know that the Dems have figured out how to win elections..... by giving people things
As though voting for Romney would have been more intelligent.

Quote:
Thankfully, I will not be joining the ranks of the low IQ Demotard voters and will keep my self respect and free thinking ability
Nah, you're a proud member of the Republitard voters instead.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
As though voting for Romney would have been more intelligent.

Nah, you're a proud member of the Republitard voters instead.
Ron Paul supporter here..... don't ever let them tell you that Dematards are dumb....

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Are Lesbian and Gay people free to legally marry their beloved same-sex partner in New Zealand?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Are Lesbian and Gay people free to legally marry their beloved same-sex partner in New Zealand?
Not as yet, they do have the same rights as married couples.
My own view, if my wife is nagging me why should some sod get away with not being nagged by his partner.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Remind me, why do Kiwis immigrate (sometimes illegally) to Australia again?
Sorry dear boy you seem confused, unlike Canada where Americans have no rights to just pack up and move without having skills Canada needs and wants we have every right to move to Aus at any time.
But some us found the weather in Queensland to be a trifle warm.

Of course the USA is not in the Commonwealth nor can they join the British armed forces.
Boils down to the difference between loyal colonials and revolting colonials.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
New Zealand is wonderful quality of life wise and it has a wonderful tradition of small family farms and community/civic mindedness. That said, imported goods are rather expensive since the country is well off of all the main trade and shipping routes, it can be difficult to get a good paying job and under employment is a major problem. That said, because they are a group of islands locally made goods are often cheaper than the world average, an excellent food tradition exists (truly fresh and local is the rule with lots of whole grains, fresh veggies, domestic farm animal meats, cheese, beer, olive oil, wine, and massive amount ultra fresh sea food, etc...), the country is strongly democratic with a bent towards social welfare so both excellent education (through post graduate university education) and health care are universal & publicly funded.

Part of maintaining that high quality of life is the fact that the country has a low population density so everyone has a fair amount of land, which is much more fertile than land in Australia, but I wonder if that can be maintained as the population continues to go up. Of course, that low population density also means there just isn't a critical mass for things like manufacturing while labor intensive tasks can be fairly expensive. If you just want to be a farmer or fisherman in a beautiful place which is isolated and has a western culture then it is great but if you want a more cosmopolitan life with lots of employment opportunities than it's not the place for you. There is a reason so many Kiwis are ex-pats.
Good answer, yes life in NZ is rather cruzy but we really do have to get away from relying on agriculture and tourism for overseas funds,
I would like to see NZ copy Finland, Sweden ? in making high value products, when one compares Finland and NZ one finds that they have a common population.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
And your permanent minority status.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,260,967 times
Squarian -- I am consistently impressed by your postings. Thank you; you are intelligent, thoughtful and well-informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies