Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes, I remember when Obama said "There will be no blue states or red states but there will be the United States Of America". Ever since Obama was elected this country has never been so divided. Obama would rather fight than fix our problems.
And he is not beneath stooping to packing every level of the Fderal Judiciary with under-qualified, rubber-staming stooges, in a pattern disturbibly reminiscent of the 1930's -- democacy's darkest hour -- so far.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes, thank you green mariner. people can have different political beliefs and still get along and be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My best friend since grade school and I do not talk politics ever. He is a Republican all the way, has a bunch of guns. By all rights we should be strangling each other but the friendship goes way back before we cared about any of this stuff.
I have friends of many political stripes. We rarely talk politics. I just can't stand when people - of any party - post stuff on FB calling others stupid or whatever. I think, "Really? You do know Jane is a Republican, right? You know, Jane? The woman who is your children's godmother." Some people just don't think.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Well, you are a "typical crazy liberal." You posts are ample testament to that fact. That does not mean you cannot be Independent. I am a right-wing conservative who also happens to be an Independent, although, I will admit that I only voted Republican from 1972 through 1992.

I disagree with your assertion that "no liberal or conservative alive who really doesn't believe in those principles." The Democratic Party fought a war to maintain the institution of slavery, and to this day seeks to increase government dependence. No matter how you try to spin that, it is still the antipathy of liberty. You will note that it is the Democratic Party who seeks to impose their will on others, whether they like it or not. Or is the "pursuit of happiness" only what the Democratic Party tells you it is? As far as being anti-life, it does not become any more obvious that the Democratic Party supported and funded Planned Parenthood. Face reality, the entire history of the Democratic Party from its inception has been one of destruction, to do everything possible to utterly destroy the founding principles of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." In short, they are and have always been, anti-American.
I don't really give a crap what you think about the Democratic Party, especially since that isn't the topic of this thread... but how do you get off calling me crazy? What in my posts gave you "ample testament" to that?? If you are just saying I'm liberal, for the most part (at least on social issues) yes I am! I've never claimed otherwise, but liberal/progressive does not = Democrat, and that's what I mean by independent. You say that yourself, so I'm not sure why you thought I meant otherwise.

I didn't come on this thread to fight or discuss specific issues, I only wanted to show my support for the END of all this nonsense. But obviously this is falling on deaf ears, seeing as people can even fault me for trying to encourage unity. How depressing.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-17-2013 at 04:55 AM..

Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Now since it's obvious my attempts for a peaceful exchange are futile, let's sling a little mud... if you think being pro-choice (not anti-life, which would better describe the conservative views on welfare & healthcare) is anti-liberty, what do you call being anti-gay marriage and imposing religious beliefs on others? Is that your definition of liberty? I guess conservatives don't think gays are humans, as they claim to support liberty for ALL. So spare me the dramatics, when neither side is exactly gunning for our freedoms. Speaking of guns...

(I'm not even "anti-gun," but that was too perfect for this post )

Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I watched the video.

Kid Rock is nuts.

Lol, I would never trade in a classic Chevy for a Prius. Just not happening.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
I'm pro-gun ownership (responsibly) in fact I own several. I'm pro-choice (to 22 weeks), pro SSM, pro welfare for those that need it (but fully support reforms and making those physically and mentally able do community service to get their checks), pro-military (but think that there is too much money spent, and we don't need to be the police force for the world).

I don't belong in any party, and have voted for the lesser of two evils for a long time now (both Rs and Ds). We need some sanity in this country, and all this fighting isn't going to help. It just makes the other side dig in their heels.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I watched the video.

Kid Rock is nuts.

Lol, I would never trade in a classic Chevy for a Prius. Just not happening.
I agree completely!
I can get a Prius cheap, since my partner is in the industry, and still don't want one.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm pro-gun ownership (responsibly) in fact I own several. I'm pro-choice (to 22 weeks), pro SSM, pro welfare for those that need it (but fully support reforms and making those physically and mentally able do community service to get their checks), pro-military (but think that there is too much money spent, and we don't need to be the police force for the world).

I don't belong in any party, and have voted for the lesser of two evils for a long time now (both Rs and Ds). We need some sanity in this country, and all this fighting isn't going to help. It just makes the other side dig in their heels.
I think if more people did vote independent and not the "lesser of two evils" or "against a party" by casting a vote for the other party, it would start to show that we are in dire need of a third party that can take the good and work on the bad from the Ds and Rs (and a fourth?). The more votes directed away from the Ds and Rs, will get attention.

I think there are people from both the Ds and Rs that have become disenchanted with their party. A growing third/forth party would draw those people away from the Ds/Rs.

Last edited by softblueyz; 01-17-2013 at 06:54 AM..

Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I think if more people did vote independent and not the "lesser of two evils" or "against a party" by casting a vote for the other party, it would start to show that we are in dire need of a third party with can take the good and work on the bad from the Ds and Rs (and a fourth?). The more votes directed away from the Ds and Rs, will get attention.

I think there are people from both the Ds and Rs that have become disenchanted with their party. A growing third/forth party would draw those people away from the Ds/Rs.
Very true.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I think if more people did vote independent and not the "lesser of two evils" or "against a party" by casting a vote for the other party, it would start to show that we are in dire need of a third party with can take the good and work on the bad from the Ds and Rs (and a fourth?). The more votes directed away from the Ds and Rs, will get attention.

I wish I could believe this but unfortunately the overwhelming majority of voters do not pay attention the way they should. It takes real commitment to follow the political world but it's so important to do so. I don't know what will change the country for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies