Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,144,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Right and learn are oxymorons...mostly the latter. But hey if you can teach a righty to learn then you should win the teacher of the year award. The right just believe or have faith but learn? Good luck.

dont worry, left and backspace is the same too, they both mean that they are always wrong too. otherwise there would be no reason to backspace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,695,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can't anyone on the right have a difference of opinion or to question anything or they are demonized by the left?

Awe, poor Republicans. Liberals are so intolerant.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM

724 posts, read 590,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Well, if you really have lived overseas (at least, in other Western countries), or if you just have a rudimentary understanding of other Western countries' politics, then you would know that the views that I described in the initial post are indeed actually considered to be very much moderate in the rest of the Western world. Obama and the Democratic party would absolutely be considered a conservative party in much/all of Western Europe and Canada. Ask any European or Canadian on this board, or just go and check out the world forums.

So you, my friend, are the one who is either delusional or joking.
Absolutely true, yet you are being called delusional by people on this board. It's not really up for debate, anybody who knows anything about the political climate in other democracies knows that the Obama administration would be considered just right of center and the repubs would be considered extreme rwnj.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM

62,484 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Awe, poor Republicans. Liberals are so intolerant.
Yes, they are but you choose to be snide and make it look like there is something wrong with objecting to that. It takes a crybaby to want civil debate? Really?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah you same loons told me on a thread I started after the conn shootings asking if Obama would issue exec orders to go after guns that I was in my own delusional world etc. etc. etc. Well guess what hero...........YOU are the one who is delusional and based on your post you won't be allowed to purchase a firearm due to your mental issues. You can thank dear leader with a campaign donation. I know he isn't running anymore but doubt you do. You folks still think Bush was running last election.
Hilarious. You do know that the "executive orders" that you are getting your panties in a wad about were all suggestions and have no real power? Who's delusional now?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
If Dems are in the Oval Office until 2024 we won't have to worry about America anymore, China will own us at that point so we will just have to say Ni Hao and do what they tell us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You must be absolutely deluded to think this country will be able to carry on until 2024, lol....

We are heading for a societal collapse preceded by an explosion in our debt.... We have way to much debt and are absolutely unwilling to make any cuts all while promising more free benefits that makes liberals feel good.

There will be enough productive assets for the government to strip, but by 2016 we will see a collapse.

OP, you forgot another founding principle of being a TGOP rwnj.

If I don't get my way politically, America is doomed and I lose all faith and pride in her.

Last edited by Rafo1981; 01-21-2013 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM

62,484 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Old glory...meet new reality.
The reality is that this country is headed in the wrong direction when our politicians can be blackmailed for votes by an ethnocentric group of people who only care about their ethnic group even those here illegally and not anyone else nor this country and we make citizens out of these illegal parent's kids by birth. Are you one of them? Or perhaps a bleeding heart liberal? It's okay you and your kind will reap what you sow one day. I just hope I am alive to see it.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
On should not compromise principles and abandon common sense to simply be a part of "the majority". I am sure that there were also unpopular dissenting opinions in Nazi Germany. History shows that the minority opinion there was correct.

Why would anyone embrace a flawed, fiscally irresponsible platform, simply to comply with the majority. Such an action would be almost as insane as, well..................... liberalism.
Its Godwin time. Man you guys need to turn the history Chanel off at the nursing home and read a book.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,022,786 times
I believe that people should vote their conscience. I listen to both sides of the issues and I am not comfortable accepting the viewpoints offered by the Liberal side of the equation. I do not consider myself a right-wing extremist, but I do value the integrity of my country and I am very much concerned with the way that it appears to be headed.

Having lived in big [diverse] cities as well as small cities, towns of various sizes and now in a rural environment in several different states (including California, I might add), I have seen what liberalism does. I believe that liberal values HURT the country, NOT based upon what I hear on talk radio, or read, but based upon what I have seen and experienced with my own two eyes. Therefore, I cannot support that agenda.

And I am not religious, either, in case you wanted to point your finger at me and accuse me of being a bible thumper. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
This is largely what I'm talking about. It seems that the far right continues to repeatedly insult and isolate huge and varying portions of the American public as time goes on. It seems that they're just driving more and more people away all the time. For example, I've seen/heard dozens of times that they're the only "true Americans", etc. etc. Because if you don't believe exactly what they believe, then you're not a "true American" . Given that the changing demographics of our country seem to be going against them, you'd think they'd try to maybe amend or, at least, mellow some of their stances/rhetoric, but it seems that they're not. Hence, my thread.
Shhhhh! Don't let them know that!

I think Spanish should be recognized as an official language in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies