Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think he's clueless. I think he just doesn't care, or that he's being very insensitive and hateful.
Nope, he is a self Identified African and does not relate to American blacks. I keep trying to get him to go through the backwoods of Miss, Texas or Ga so that he can find out just exactly how black that he really is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,514,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Have you also petitioned 48 Hours? If I were black, I'd be embaressed too.
48 hours is a news show. I think you mean the first 48. Though a lot of the suspects and victims are black, so are a lot of the detectives. What is your point?

Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,925,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you want to see stereotypes about Blacks so badly, then go back to the 1900s where you belong.

Don't have to. Just watch Cops, or The First 48, or Americas Stupidist Criminals, or...The Evening News.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,514,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
FYI: this is a national trend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us...anted=all&_r=0

Interestingly enough, college educated moms, of all races, rarely have kids out of wedlock.....

So as long as the number of middle class people keeps decreasing, and membership in the middle class is tenuous, then out of wedlock births will likely keep going up.

And lest I remind you......college graduation rates of black women especially keeps increasing:
Fast Facts

Out of wedlock births are largely a class problem. Not a race problem.
Not only that, but married black women have less children than oow black women. If more married bw had more than 2 kids, that rate would change.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Don't have to. Just watch Cops, or The First 48, or Americas Stupidist Criminals, or...The Evening News.
So what is your point?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Nope, he is a self Identified African and does not relate to American blacks. I keep trying to get him to go through the backwoods of Miss, Texas or Ga so that he can find out just exactly how black that he really is
I've tried to tell him that at the end of the day, he will be perceived as being no different from any other Black person in America. I think because he doesn't get it, he doesn't care. And it's apparent he doesn't want to learn either.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Not only that, but married black women have less children than oow black women. If more married bw had more than 2 kids, that rate would change.
And there is another question that goes along with this. Why do married Black women tend to have fewer children?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
<shrug> I would have never watched that garbage so no great loss.

I would be curious to hear the response of people that were against this show but have watched Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, Teen mom etc. if they were called racist for doing so.

We have poster after poster here railing about "old white men" in threads around here....nah, that's not racist....not at all....it's different, it's ok, it's acceptable.

It would seem at times that some of our racist trolls have managed to infect some of our previously sane posters with their hate.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why not send him into a poor latino or korean community in Los Angeles? I think he'd find out even faster.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
<shrug> I would have never watched that garbage so no great loss.

I would be curious to hear the response of people that were against this show but have watched Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, Teen mom etc. if they were called racist for doing so.

We have poster after poster here railing about "old white men" in threads around here....nah, that's not racist....not at all....it's different, it's ok, it's acceptable.

It would seem at times that some of our racist trolls have managed to infect some of our previously sane posters with their hate.
All of those shows are stupid and I would never watch them. This thread was supposed to be about getting an embarrassing show off of the air. A few people with bigoted views have tried to ruin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies