Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermatic240 View Post
It's against State Law and company policy to use. It's also forbidden if you buy or own firearms. Ban more guns, your pot is more important. Not this old boy, not ever. I've never even tried that s*** and never will.

Good for you! Nobody is twisting your arm. I'm not a fan of motorcylces, or sky diving, but I'm not going to ban those activities, because there may be a danger to them. For the record I oppose gun bans and fully support the 2nd Amendment and the right of our citizens to bear arms. Not to mention, just because cannabis prohibited, it doesn't mean it's a moral or just law. Prohibition created people like Al Capone. Let's not forget that it only benefits the black market, as well as the prison industrial complex. Tell me how that is moral? Imprisoning people, and stripping them of their rights over a God given plant! It's ridiculous! I support the individual freedoms endowed to ALL of us by our Creator! You apparently don't believe your own "conservative philosophy," given that you want to tell people what they can and cannot put in their bodies. So, you're either pro-freedom or your not! You can't pick and choose. The whole idea of freedom and what our country was founded on, was based on while we may not agree with someone elses speech, or what they partake in, we still support their rights as a free individual.

They better not own a firearm, that's all I have to say. It's also against State Law and company policy to use. As I said, girly men need not worry of getting PHYSICALLY hurt on the job. Hmmm, I wonder why TOOL users can see it plain as day. Kinda like they respect firearms just the same. Both are tools....it's human tools that blame the tools instead of the men using them. I don't know about you, but I don't need to get shot in the back with a nailgun or get my finger or hand sawed off from some loser who is stoned on dope while I'm at work on the job. You don't use that garbage around me or my co-workers.

I'll bet those "girly men" make triple the money that you do.

No, but after you have a "work accident" get ready to p*ss in the cup. I hope you are clean?? If you want to keep your job.

And finally, you're worried about someone being stoned at work? Well, we've already provided you with the fact that the effects of cannibis wear off in about 1-3 hours. Having said that, if you're stupid enough to come to work under the influence of any intoxicating substance then you're stupid enough to get fired! It's called not mixing business with pleasure, and the majority of us do it every day, and get along just fine. So we will agree on that aspect that you deserve to get fired if you're intoxicated at work! However; my employer is NOT my parent, and what I do on MY OWN TIME is not their damn business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
The highest status pot user that I know is a pizza driver.
Bill Maher is an ardent user as he proclaims on his own TV show, not to mention actor Zach Galifinakis lit up on Bill's show one day.

I'd consider both of those individuals to be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Bill Buckley supported drug legalization based on conservative ideology. Legalization is the conservative position.
I'd say it's the position of rational freedom. I think the where conservatives and liberals are going to but heads is in regards to should it be regulated and if so how do we regulate it.

Quote:
It's against State Law and company policy to use. It's also forbidden if you buy or own firearms. Ban more guns, your pot is more important. Not this old boy, not ever. I've never even tried that s*** and never will.

They better not own a firearm, that's all I have to say. It's also against State Law and company policy to use. As I said, girly men need not worry of getting PHYSICALLY hurt on the job. Hmmm, I wonder why TOOL users can see it plain as day. Kinda like they respect firearms just the same. Both are tools....it's human tools that blame the tools instead of the men using them. I don't know about you, but I don't need to get shot in the back with a nailgun or get my finger or hand sawed off from some loser who is stoned on dope while I'm at work on the job. You don't use that garbage around me or my co-workers.

No, but after you have a "work accident" get ready to p*ss in the cup. I hope you are clean?? If you want to keep your job.
THC can stick in your system for weeks. Imagine if alcohol or tobacco did that. Imagine if I was able to test your blood supply and find out that you had alcohol at some point in the past 14 days. And then blame your workplace accident\employment qualifications on that.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I agree with conservatives on many issues but this one makes no sense. They will fight the legalization of a safe substance just as hard as they will same sex marriage and abortion. The thing is, there is no religious ban on marijuana usage so it can't be fought from that angle. They are for personal liberties until it comes to something pleasurable then they fight it tooth and nail. Just like alcohol and tobacco, marijuana should be a personal choice as long as one doesnt get behind the wheel while under the influence. We need a serious libertarian candidate who will bring back the principles this country was founded on.
because they are hypocrites.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
For the record, I don't know how anyone can hold a job in this day and age in 2013 other then the video store, gas station or library being a user.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
The highest status pot user that I know is a pizza driver.
hmm. the highest status pot user that I know is a neurosurgeon.

the highest status pot grower that i know is a CPA.

So... maybe your friends are just proles with low cognitive ability.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They do.

Not all states and not all companies.

I've never known anyone to work while high on weed or drunk on alcohol or drunk on cough syrup. You need a new group of friends.

But I agree. I don't need to get shot in the back with a nail gun by some loser who is drunk on alcohol or high on sleeping pills. And actually, I don't need to get shot in the back with a nail gun by any loser even if they are sober.

Don't you love this "Chicken Little" mentality? My company doesn't pry into to the private lives of their employees, but I know if that if someone came in under the influence on company time they'd be let go.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
I am a conservative as are many in my circle of friends. Most believe marijuana should either be legalized for recreational use or seriously decriminalized. We waste enormous amounts of law enforcement and justice system resources going after recreational users of weed.

The Republican party position is at odds with many of its members. Not much different from how the Democratic party position on guns doesn't agree with many of its regular voters.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
Conservatives love the police state. They love throwing people in jail for morality reasons. all you have to do is say it's for public safety, especially if its for the children.

Louisiana has more cops and more prisoners per capita than any other state (or nation) and the conservatives can't get enough of it.

ban everything, except for assault rifles, of course. at least I'm consistent. it should all be legal.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM

52 posts, read 33,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They do.

Not all states and not all companies.

I've never known anyone to work while high on weed or drunk on alcohol or drunk on cough syrup. You need a new group of friends.

But I agree. I don't need to get shot in the back with a nail gun by some loser who is drunk on alcohol or high on sleeping pills. And actually, I don't need to get shot in the back with a nail gun by any loser even if they are sober.
They better not, what losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And finally, you're worried about someone being stoned at work? Well, we've already provided you with the fact that the effects of cannibis wear off in about 1-3 hours. Having said that, if you're stupid enough to come to work under the influence of any intoxicating substance then you're stupid enough to get fired! It's called not mixing business with pleasure, and the majority of us do it every day, and get along just fine. So we will agree on that aspect that you deserve to get fired if you're intoxicated at work! However; my employer is NOT my parent, and what I do on MY OWN TIME is not their damn business!
Don't take away my rights when you cannot even legally purchase for yourself. It's the Dem way.....vote away rights they don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
hmm. the highest status pot user that I know is a neurosurgeon.

the highest status pot grower that i know is a CPA.

So... maybe your friends are just proles with low cognitive ability.
No, it just proves yours are criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Conservatives love the police state. They love throwing people in jail for morality reasons. all you have to do is say it's for public safety, especially if its for the children.

Louisiana has more cops and more prisoners per capita than any other state (or nation) and the conservatives can't get enough of it.

ban everything, except for assault rifles, of course. at least I'm consistent. it should all be legal.
I didn't make the law, I follow it though.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-18-2013 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Your public use of it may impair my ability to do a given task. Contact High and you have infringed on my wellbeing. Are all of the years of study indicating long term negative effects of inhalation now invalid?

Different with alcohol. I cannot get drunk if you consume it and breath on me.

Different than tobacco use. It may affect my lungs in the short/long term but does not affect me in the instant of exposure.(well I may cough but your B.O. could also make me gag) Long term effects of seconday smoke one of the reasons use is now restricted. For the health of non-smokers.

NB: But what you do in your home is your business.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
No, it just proves yours are criminals.
no, criminals get caught

my friends are upstanding citizens and pillars of the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies