Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,431,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I think he is hiding something, too. Something during his college years and maybe high school

The birther thing is just nuts, though.
This doesn't help when you promote yourself to book publishers for 16 years with this.............and not call to correct the mistake if isn't true.............for over a 16 year time span.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 06:11 AM

4,244 posts, read 7,137,927 times
Well, they released the birth certificate, so machts nichts.

But yeah, more that he is fluffing his resume', making himself seem more multi-culti, thus "cool", for the Harvard crowd.

Which is why im not sure I know who Obama is.

I think there is more to his college life than Harvard, no? He went to college in California, then to Columbia. We know about Columbia, but nary a word about his California college days.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
This doesn't help when you promote yourself to book publishers for 16 years with this.............and not call to correct the mistake if isn't true.............for over a 16 year time span.
You knoe that is an internet hoax right or do you just believe everything you read on the internet?

Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,381,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You knoe that is an internet hoax right or do you just believe everything you read on the internet?
We do know that the extreme right is very gullible. They just cannot seem to connect the dots.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We do know that the extreme right is very gullible. They just cannot seem to connect the dots.
I have noticed that and it is one of the few reasons this site is so entertaining.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:28 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,439,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Kinda like Dan Rather and CBS on those documents about Bush's military service.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
A hoax? Perpetrated by who? Be specific.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
A hoax? Perpetrated by who? Be specific.
I actually do not know the person that created that image, but it is definitely a hoax. It is kind of like when the Back to the Future 2 images float around saying today is the day they jump to in the future when that is obviously a hoax.

My favorite quote,
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet."
-Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM

1,571 posts, read 1,994,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So a minority of Americans are morons, while a majority of Republicans are morons.

Republicans bring down the average IQ points of Americans.

Sounds about right
I believe that may be just a bit less than accurate. I don't know the answers, but I do know the questions. It's been admitted to, by Obama's attorney, that the released certificate of birth is a forgery. I've heard no rebuttal on the Social Security number that was not assigned to him. Why has he not released his records from the colleges he attended? I didn't understand the issues on travel until just recently, I read that he's travelled under three different names on passports, and as a citizen of other countries on different occasions. There's at least one allegation that he attended college as a citizen of another country. And, I have heard absolutely nothing about him trying to answer the allegations. Instead, I've heard that he's spent millions to squash them. It does strongly suggest that there is something that he does not want becoming public, and the more he's pressed, the more it suggests that he's got something to hide. When compared to Clinton's lying, the forged birth cert alone should be enough for impeachment proceedings, because a forged document of that type is a blatant lie to the American People. And, as long as these allegations go un-answered and un-resolved, there is a very dark cloud hanging over his administration. Do we rank Obama right alongside Nixon?

Do we find out, in 2017, that he was never qualified to hold office in the first place? Do we have a President-elect in 2020 that is a Chinese national? Do we start to outsource for people to hold the highest office in the country? If the allegations are not answered, what kind of doors do we open for the future? For the country that our children inherit???

Orly Taitz does not seem to be the smartest attorney I've ever heard of, but she is tenacious. In the past, her cases were thrown out of court because of the timing, not because of the merits of the cases. If the Supreme Court does the same thing on Feb. 15, they will be doing the same dis-service to the country as the previous courts. The allegations need to be addressed and answered, and the issues need to be put to rest for once and for all, one way or the other. And, a rubber stamp won't do that.

So, yes, it does seem that Obama is hiding something. Why else would he have spent millions of dollars, to date, to try to keep a lid on it? To do so keeps the country divided, and slows progress because of the energy expended on this matter. We need to get it behind us so we can move on. It's not doing any of us any good as it stands. I don't know the sources of all the allegations, but I've been seeing a lot of smoke that isn't going away. It suggests there is a little too large a fire to ignore.

I don't know if the man is qualified or not, but I would like some genuine answers, one way or the other. But, at this point, let's get it behind us and move on. There are a lot of matters that are very important in this country... Like the economy, for instance. And, the issues surrounding Obama are only holding us back from the other arenas that need serious attention.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I actually do not know the person that created that image, but it is definitely a hoax.
Actually you are wrong. If you research you will find out Obama's literary agent put that out with Obama's approval in order to shop for him a publisher so he could write his first autobiography and get a book advance. He then used it for his second autobiography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies