Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 05:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

When my son was in grade school he was asked while taking a physical for sports.

When i took my 2nd wife to the hospital where they misdiagnosed her problem, as we were leaving she was taken aside to another room and asked if i beat her often.

When she came out of that room she was really angry, but refused to speak until we had driven out of the parking lot.

Both times i was offended and felt violated, but I did nothing.

I don't think a doctor is going to ask me if i have any guns.... I will have one with me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
That's fine. Just don't try to curtail a doctor's constitutional rights by telling him or her what a doctor cannot ask.
If my own physician asked I would make it very clear to him why I will be finding a new doctor - that he is asking questions outside the issues of healthcare. He is free to ask, just as I am free to either just not answer or to seek a new provider based on what I feel is unprofessional conduct.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
They can ask whatever they want. How I answer....still a free country, last I checked. Good day Doc!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
That's fine. Just don't try to curtail a doctor's constitutional rights by telling him or her what a doctor cannot ask.
In you scenario I would simply lie and tell the doctor i am tree huggin' sheep and speak with a lisp

The doc has every right to say what ever stupid thing he wants, and i have every right to deny him.

If it happens it won't be the first time i told a doc where to get off.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Gun safety in a home with children is VERY important.
I actually agree with that statement, but the most important aspect of gun safety isn't gun locks or safes, or even leaving a gun unloaded... The most important aspect of gun safety with children is education. I have carried a loaded pistol on my person for the last 25 years and never did my children ever touch it. Not once.. They knew what the potential was, because I showed them.. They knew what a gun was capable of doing and they knew if they ever so much as touched it, there would be consequences. My children learned gun safety from a very early age... Now, they are all grown with families of their own. They all have firearms and have taught their children the lessons they learned in their childhood... I visit them and still carry my firearm into their homes and am welcomed.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Doctos can ask and you're not under any obligation to answer them if you don't want. So what if they ask if you have guns? If you think they're up to no good, tell them to mind their own business.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:56 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The most important aspect of gun safety with children is education. I have carried a loaded pistol on my person for the last 25 years and never did my children ever touch it. Not once.. They knew what the potential was, because I showed them..
When young, did they ever have friends over? I'm very familiar with what can happen.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM

Yeah but their friends never went towards my hip...

Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Yeah but their friends never went towards my hip...
Sure. I bet you never did shift work and slept with kids in the house. Never left that service gun at home when you went out to the Piggly Wiggly, either.

Look, I salute you for the gun education you provided your children, but that actually is uncommon. Plus, kids are drawn to do what is forbidden. Tragic results can occur.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Sure. I bet you never did shift work and slept with kids in the house. Never left that service gun at home when you went out to the Piggly Wiggly, either.

Look, I salute you for the gun education you provided your children, but that actually is uncommon. Plus, kids are drawn to do what is forbidden. Tragic results can occur.
Actually you are very wrong on ALL counts.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies