Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 02:58 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,080,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm not black, check my profile
... By any chance, do you have a demo CD w/ a picture on the cover of you holding that AK and wearing a doorag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Blacks & Hispanics are the biggest group of victims of gun violence in America. They tend to live in areas with higher than normal gun violence and criminal activity. Their support of gun-control measures sits around ~70%

According to the Conservative talking point (mostly coming from safe, rural America), we need to increase access & # of guns so people are safe from the criminals, otherwise only criminals will be armed. Yet the people that actually have to deal w/ criminals & gun violence overwhelmingly disagree with that position, and support gun control.

Which side is more credible in this discussion on what would be the best solution to tackle gun violence? People that deal w/ gun violence at a significantly lower rate or people that deal w/ gun violence at a significantly higher rate
If you notice though -- rural blacks and hispanics are far more like whites and are far more likely to own a gun and be willing to use it to protect their families.

Maybe it has to do with the government dependency that the inner city people have. They count on the government for their free health care, their housing vouchers, even for the food they eat. The government is great and good, they believe it is there to take perfect care of them, protect them, nurture them. They lost God a long time ago, but have total faith in politicians.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,053,058 times
Quote:
Lol... this is priceless. Ignorance like you're displaying show how limited your view is. Do you think everyone, including the people w/ children walking to school want a neighborhood that's not safe?

You're exactly what I described earlier. You've probably already had a conversation today bragging about how dangerous your block is.
You're the one who thinks we're dangerous and wants to rob us of our guns by pretending to be concerned for us. Just stay away from us, we don't want you, we don't want your compassion, your sense of law of order, and your sense of how a neighborhood should be. We don't want your kind, keep your nose in your own neighborhood.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
... By any chance, do you have a demo CD w/ a picture on the cover of you holding that AK and wearing a doorag?
I don't wear a doorag. I'm a proud Chechen and have no need to pretend to be black. You have a need to hint hint you're black. I doubt you're but it doesn't matter. If you want to buy an AK 47 I can sell you one. And not the cheap knock offs either.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If you notice though -- rural blacks and hispanics are far more like whites and are far more likely to own a gun and be willing to use it to protect their families.

Maybe it has to do with the government dependency that the inner city people have. They count on the government for their free health care, their housing vouchers, even for the food they eat. The government is great and good, they believe it is there to take perfect care of them, protect them, nurture them. They lost God a long time ago, but have total faith in politicians.
I like how when it's Black people voicing an opinion about something that affects them, it's b/c we're sheep. I never hear anyone claim that White democrats are just sheep, doing what their officials tell them.

I don't understand how people don't just accept the fact that they're racist, when that's how they think.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I like how when it's Black people voicing an opinion about something that affects them, it's b/c we're sheep. I never hear anyone claim that White democrats are just sheep, doing what their officials tell them.

I don't understand how people don't just accept the fact that they're racist, when that's how they think.
No - I don't think it's got to do with race but with government dependency. Whites can be just as thrilled with ultra-large government and can believe it takes great care of them as blacks and hispanics.

I have noticed that rural blacks and hispanics are quite likely to believe in gun ownership, and they do own them. They also own them for all the same reasons that whites own them.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't wear a doorag. I'm a proud Chechen and have no need to pretend to be black. You have a need to hint hint you're black. I doubt you're but it doesn't matter. If you want to buy an AK 47 I can sell you one. And not the cheap knock offs either.
Lol... this just keeps getting better. So you're a foreign White guy who's deciding who's really Black. I should buy one of those Black-dars... And you have a side job as an arms dealer.

Whatever. But when the zombie apocalypse finally happens, and the undead are swarming, you're gonna wish you had more cops to save you.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM

What I don't understand -- with that Tuskogee experienment and institutionalized racism (government racism) and the fact that inner city unemployment rates are so high, is how these people have come to trust so sincerely in government. You'd think there would be some sceptism of policitians, but instead you see adoration and complete faith. They believe that Feinstein and Obama and Biden really really care for them. They trust them with all their hearts and souls.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM

11,057 posts, read 10,616,251 times
Quote:

You haven't been paying attention then. I've seen plenty of people on this forum call all democrats sheep, not just the Black or Hispanic ones. When it comes to the gun control issue, however, I don't see the split along party lines that I normally see on issues like gay marriage. I know Republicans who are supportive of gun control legislation, and I know Democrats who think that any new gun control legislation is useless.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Lol... this just keeps getting better. So you're a foreign White guy who's deciding who's really Black. I should buy one of those Black-dars... And you have a side job as an arms dealer.
You can shut me up by posting your picture here.

No one considers me a white guy but you're free to consider me a white guy.

Quote:
Whatever. But when the zombie apocalypse finally happens, and the undead are swarming, you're gonna wish you had more cops to save you.
I don't want the police in my own business. You wouldn't understand because you're from an area that has a different mentality. I was in Chechnya from 1999 to 2002. I didn't want the police then and sure as hell wouldn't want the police ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies