Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How about Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the NRA? Did you miss his speech that the only thing that stops a bad guy w/ a gun, is a good guy w/ a gun, so that's why we can't do ANY regulation of guns?
Don't be an ass, we already have multitudes of laws and regulations for guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Don't be an ass, we already have multitudes of laws and regulations for guns.
Laws without teeth. We need laws with teeth.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I can't think of anything negative coming out of me being able to know the nutjobs around me who own guns and ammo. I can think only of positive things - I stay away from the nutjobs, I don't invite them to anything, I won't go into the homes of the nutjobs if invited, etc. etc. Very helpful.
Just as I suspected.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm interested in your answer because how you answer will determine if you are serious or not or if you are just making a bunch of garbage up to get a reaction out of someone.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Just as I suspected.........
Yeah, and? I want to know who the nutjobs are, who are living around me.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
Because then only they will have them and the whites will be defenseless.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and? I want to know who the nutjobs are, who are living around me.
No, what I'm saying is, just as I suspected, you are not a serious poster.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is, just as I suspected, you are not a serious poster.
Ah, let me guess. A serious poster (to you) would be a gun nut, who loves guns, is a member of the NRA, and wants to keep the laws as they are despite the constant gun massacring out there. Did I get it right?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Ah, let me guess. A serious poster (to you) would be a gun nut, who loves guns, is a member of the NRA, and wants to keep the laws as they are despite the constant gun massacring out there. Did I get it right?
No, I'm afraid you didn't. A serious poster {to me} is someone who has a specific view or belief about a certain issue, regardless of whether or not it agrees with my own or not, who can back it up with reasonable arguments utilizing both facts and logic, who does so without patronizing or mocking anyone who disagrees with them, and who can do so in an intelligent and sophisticated way.....

In other words, not you.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
No, I'm afraid you didn't. A serious poster {to me} is someone who has a specific view or belief about a certain issue, regardless of whether or not it agrees with my own or not, who can back it up with reasonable arguments utilizing both facts and logic, who does so without patronizing or mocking anyone who disagrees with them, and who can do so in an intelligent and sophisticated way.....

In other words, not you.
Here's my view, in case you just didn't get it in the myriad posts some time back. I think guns should not be owned by the general population. I think hunting is okay. I hate it, but it's okay. But that's it. I don't think anyone has any business owning a gun unless they're in a field which requires one, such as Wells Fargo driver or security guard, cop, or anything like that.

Did you get it now? Or you're still in la-la land?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
LOL white guy. You don't know what you're talking about, so please stop talking.
LOL... I still fall over that white people still feel qualified on sites like CD, to step up and school black people about everything from racism, how we should talk, think and life in general. But it's certainly not a two-way street. And maybe, coming from an authentic urban-bred black person, this issue of gun control might be about minorities who are tired of the gun violence, but at the same time not as phobic realistically, about crime as suburban non colored people. Possibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies