Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 AM

4,145 posts, read 4,165,899 times

Advertisements

Why police needs a clip to hold more than 7 bullets? I was told the police are professional. We marine always told 1 shot 1 kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,661,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is classic knee-jerk liberalism, don't think, just act on your spur of the moment emotions.

I think the only handguns that can meet that 7 round restriction are revolvers, unless gun manufacturers start making stupid 7 round clips only for New Yorker gun owners.
I doubt that will happen as sales have been climbing.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,989,884 times
Every left leaner posting in this thread proves they are clueless and so are the fools who shoved this legislation through without even reading it. I wonder if that ever happened before??

Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,858,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
What officer would want to chase down criminals, that will still have assault rifles, by the way, and put their lives on the line for idiots like you who believe police shouldn't carry more than 7 rounds in a magazine?
So you admit it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I think the only handguns that can meet that 7 round restriction are revolvers, unless gun manufacturers start making stupid 7 round clips only for New Yorker gun owners.
Well actually all of the single stacks that have been coming out recently are 5/6/7+1 so there is that.

Somebody will make 7 round mags for some full size semi autos, but they'll be expensive. The reason 10 round mags are relatively available is that numerous states already have that exact restriction.

That being said, this is still ridiculously stupid.

Last edited by rw47; 01-18-2013 at 09:49 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,407,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
So you admit it?
Uh admit what? That criminals don't give a rats a** about gun laws. Illegal weapons are going to be selling like hotcakes now in NY. Congrats on creating a whole new organized illegal trade!

I'll be laughing when all of the major cities, in NY, murder rates go up at a ridiculous rate. God bless Texas, and pray for New York.

To all of the others with their heads up their a**, crawl out of your hole, wake up and smell the coffee, and face reality!

A police officer's goal is to make it home at the end of the night. Restricting them to seven round magazines and no assault rifles only increased of deaths in the line of duty.

But what do you crazy people care. You might as well consider yourself a crazy Sovereign Citizen!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,469 times
Quote:
Uh admit what? That criminals don't give a rats a** about gun laws. Illegal weapons are going to be selling like hotcakes now in NY. Congrats on creating a whole new organized illegal trade!

I'll be laughing when all of the major cities, in NY, murder rates go up at a ridiculous rate. God bless Texas, and pray for New York.

Sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but in fact NYC's murder rate has gone DOWN in the past two decades: NYC is one of the safest USA's big cities.
Period.
P.S. Dallas and Houston's murder/crime rates are higher than NYC and Los Angeles' one

Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,858,360 times
Quote:

To all of the others with their heads up their a**, crawl out of your hole, wake up and smell the coffee, and face reality!

A police officer's goal is to make it home at the end of the night. Restricting them to seven round magazines and no assault rifles only increased of deaths in the line of duty.

But what do you crazy people care. You might as well consider yourself a crazy Sovereign Citizen!
Wait.

You do realize that the person who started this thread is making a case against gun control, right?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,500,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post

Sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but in fact NYC's murder rate has gone DOWN in the past two decades: NYC is one of the safest USA's big cities.
Period.
P.S. Dallas and Houston's murder/crime rates are higher than NYC and Los Angeles' one
I'm willing to bet it has to do with both anti-corruption work on the inside, combined with increased hiring of police officers. But I don't have any numbers on that.

Police presence does reduce crime, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,453,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why is it then do the police get SPECIAL consideration, are they ABOVE the law? Are the police's lives MORE important than the citizens lives? It not logical. Nobody knows how many bullets someone needs if their house is broken into & attacked.
Oh, bother. Either a candy-keistered, cream puff lefty's unrealistic view of reality if ever there was one or are you saying the limitations for anyone are illogical, in which case you make a good point?

Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I'm willing to bet it has to do with both anti-corruption work on the inside, combined with increased hiring of police officers. But I don't have any numbers on that.

Police presence does reduce crime, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.
We only know that the so-called "disarm of law-abiding newyorkers" hasn't increased crime: this time it won't be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies