Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 PM

88,599 posts, read 44,324,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Do you earn wages for somebody else?
No.
Quote:
You don't do work for yourself, you must sell your work.
For myself, not for someone else.

Hint: I won't lose my job if I decide to cut back on selling my work, or to not even sell my work at all for months, years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Yes, I agree, lower classes should not be trapped in poverty by accepting rotten rules of the game, tolerating all the indignities their class has to offer and seeking solace in 0.00001% chance to move up closer to a trough.
Actually, 5.3% of the U.S. population are millionaires. That includes everyone, even children.
Sources: Barclays Wealth Insights. Volume 5: Evolving Fortunes. p. 7, 2010 U.S. Census

The chance isn't 0.0001%, it's over 5%.

You're spewing more histrionically emotional falsehoods.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,260,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My point stands. Salespersons, journalists, police officers, clergy persons, and chefs are in the top 10 of the most psychopaths by profession, but NOT all persons of such professions are in the top 1% of wealth.
Do you have a developmental disability?
NO one ever said everyone on the list of psychopaths were part of the 1%.
I said the one percent is made up primarily of psychopaths.

Psychopaths are motivated by power and control. You do not necessarily need to have money to have power and control over people as is the case with police, civil servants, etc.
It is however, one way to have power and control, and in a corporate situation the people with the most power also happen to be the people who earn the highest wages.
Psychopaths make up about 5% of the population, which is about 15 million people.
Our government is full of them, as are the board rooms of corporations.
You will find them in churches using their positions to molest children.
You find them in the media where they lie to the people to forward the agenda of the elite.
You find them on car lots and in real estate offices.
They are the mortgage brokers who falsify financial records to put poor families in houses they know they will lose.
They rise to the top because they don't play by the rules. They lie, cheat, and steal; they take amusement in the failure and misery of others.
They, with full knowledge of what they were doing, created the housing bubble, and then profited from its collapse.
They have been continually getting richer while the working class struggles under the weight of high unemployment, stagnant wages, and high inflation.
The 1% represents the worst of mankind, they are not only psychopaths, they are the elite of psychopaths.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Do you have a developmental disability?
NO one ever said everyone on the list of psychopaths were part of the 1%.
I said the one percent is made up primarily of psychopaths.
Do YOU have a mental disability? By your very same logic, the low-income are primarily made up of psychopaths...

Salespersons
Journalists
Clergy Persons
Chefs
Civil Servants

All make low incomes unless they are among the extremely few who are at the top of their field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies