Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Come on! Why would someone need to carry a gun, in this fashion, to go clothes shopping? You know what he was doing and I know what he was doing. You know why people would be nervous and so do I. This little dance of obtuseness is getting really old.
Because he wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 01:57 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Because he wants to.
I can walk to the local elementary school from my house. I think I'll spend next week sitting right across from the playground staring at the kids for hours licking my lips and saying things like "umm, she's cute." I think I'll take my AR15 and a couple thousand rounds with me too. I might even bring some handcuffs and duck tape

Why? Because I want to. Anyone who has a problem with that and perhaps feels threatened or calls the cops hates America, guns, the 1st and 2nd Amendments, freedom in general, and is afraid of his own shadow.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Those guys are really gun in hand, I guess. If they are really cops they may well be but they won't take me without breaking the law. If anyone breaks in my house, always locked, especially at night they are subject to my gun and I will not worry about who they are since breaking made them a criminal, uniform or not.
So.....

The cops come in the middle of the night to evacuate the neighborhood because of a train derailment and you are SOUND asleep and don't hear the doorbell (because you are 80 years old and you don't hear so well) and they come in to tell you that toxic gas is leaking and your wife hears them and shakes you awake you are going to grab your gun and empty the clip.

I guess it's good to have a plan. Tell your wife to duck. Crossfire is a *****.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:02 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I can walk to the local elementary school from my house. I think I'll spend next week sitting right across from the playground staring at the kids for hours licking my lips and saying things like "umm, she's cute." I think I'll take my AR15 and a couple thousand rounds with me too. I might even bring some handcuffs and duck tape

Why? Because I want to. Anyone who has a problem with that and perhaps feels threatened or calls the cops hates America, guns, the 1st and 2nd Amendments, freedom in general, and is afraid of his own shadow.
Now you are plotting.

All this man did was carry his arms under normal routines.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Now you are plotting.

All this man did was carry his arms under normal routines.
So you do hate guns and freedom. You sir are a communist.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,176 times
Another stupid jack wagon that does gun owners more damage than good.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Normalizing guns is a good thing, lots of people doing this over a period of time will stop the emotional reactions to guns.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Another stupid jack wagon that does gun owners more damage than good.
It's his right and is perfectly legal. Does no harm whatsoever. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-18-2013 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
First of all it's one of the richest countries in the world and touts the highest amount of wealth per adult anywhere in the world. The quality of life in the country is consistently talked about. They are also a direct democracy, which allows people to REALLY have their voices heard. They are legally required to buy healthcare and insurance companies cannot deny coverage. Their environmental initiatives make it one of the healthiest places in the world to live. The educational system in Switzerland is lauded the world over.

So in short, in nearly every quantifiable aspect that can affect a culture, Switzerland kicks our asses and renders SourD's "argument" ineffectual.
So..............

Open Carry: Check
Rich People: Check
Voters are listened to: Check
Good education: Check

Yep..........they sure are different and BETTER than America, where wealth, guns, democracy, and strong education are hated by liberals.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
For those suggesting anyone who was alarmed was simply jumping the gun (pun intended) about the man's intentions, you're right. Next time we see someone with a weapon, let's stop and think of all the possibilities first:

-He could just be reacting to the recent threat of anti-gun laws being placed
-He could be new in town, and just trying to make friends who have the same views on guns as him
-He could be trying to get a friendly discount at JC Penney's
-He could just be on a shopping spree/stroll after hunting
-Maybe there is a gun shop nearby and he just bought it, didn't have time to drop it off at home first
-Maybe he is expressing his masculinity; women carry a purse over their shoulder, he can carry his gun
-Maybe you are idiots and are dead now if he was in fact a psycho
You're gonna get dead a lot faster by the idiot in the car next to you who's texting and driving. And that idiot just might take out a whole busload of chillens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies