Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you support gay marriage, shouldn't you in the same breath support polygamy? Please do not bring up underage marriage and pedophile etc. There have already been laws in place for those.

I am talking about consenting adults who want to practice polygamy, both polygyny and polyandry.

By the way, if you want to spread the wealth of the rich people, polygamy is the way to go. In two generations, their wealth would be gone because they have to support all the wives and kids. :-)
Why would I care?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,459,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So in other words, your OK with it as long as we are treated as almost equal?
I was referring to the possible scenario where multiple people were getting married solely for tax purposes.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I was referring to the possible scenario where multiple people were getting married solely for tax purposes.
Sorry tmac9wr, I thought you were referring to gay marriage. It seems this tread got off subject. The OP was looking for fight; he wasn't interested in what gay men thought of this subject.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,459,637 times
Oh no, I'm 100% for marriage equality. I just want to prevent the classic "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" scenario that we've alllll considered at one point or another. Whether it be in homosexual or polygamatic form.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Oh no, I'm 100% for marriage equality. I just want to prevent the classic "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" scenario that we've alllll considered at one point or another. Whether it be in homosexual or polygamatic form.
That same scenario happens in hetero marriage all the time. Green card marriages, insurance marriages, military marrying for pay increase, etc.

Fraud will happen, it already does. Seeing as how the government isn't going to get out of marriage any time soon, I guess we just have to find fraud, and punish those who commit fraud.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is blind sided, not blind sighted . It is the christians against gay marriage that need to respect others rights, they are the ones stomping on others rights, not us gays and gay supporters. Respect works both ways, want respect, try showing it first.
I already told you that I couldn't care less who you marry as long as he or she's a human.

I may not like gays but I fully support your rights to do what you want.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So lifeexplorer, you think it's ok for someone to get on here and trash us, and we're suppose to just sit back and take it? Just goes to show your bigoted side.

And tell us how did you come up with the name Life Explorer? To me it looks like you have no interest at all in exploring life. You don't care about anything outside your little empty head.

You started this thread with a chip on your shoulder. You're not interested in what gay men think, you wanted to start a fight. You thought gay folks would have intolerant and judgmental remarks about polygamy and plural marriages.
Us who? What fight?

I merely point out an interesting fact - nothing to do with gay people or gayness. If you passionate about one right, you should be passionate about all our rights, shouldn't you?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
I fully support your rights to do what you want.
Yeah, what ever...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
I merely point out an interesting fact - nothing to do with gay people or gayness. If you passionate about one right, you should be passionate about all our rights, shouldn't you?
And, has been proved out thoroughly throughout this thread, nobody really has any major issues wth consensual adults practicing polygamy, so you, your point and this thread really failed for you.

Besides which, the whole "If you support gay marriage you must be a hypocrite if you don't support plual marriage" thing is played out and tired. I've seen the exact same old, old crud on dozens of forums, all with the same results.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Besides which, the whole "If you support gay marriage you must be a hypocrite if you don't support plual marriage" thing is played out and tired. I've seen the exact same old, old crud on dozens of forums, all with the same results.
Is it not hypocritical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies