Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

I lost all my guns. A tragic boating accident on Pyramid Lake. Right off Anaho island. The bottom ain't been found there yet. Well armed Lahontan Trout down there. Aint been able to afford to buy any more. Or another boat. Lucky to escape with my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I lost all my guns. A tragic boating accident on Pyramid Lake. Right off Anaho island. The bottom ain't been found there yet. Well armed Lahontan Trout down there. Aint been able to afford to buy any more. Or another boat. Lucky to escape with my life.
I told you WE shouldn't have taken ALL of OUR guns out on that lake that day.....

Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

the only firearm I own that has a 4473 on it is a Ruger MKII. that is what they will get when I dont register my firearm.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
A burglar took all my guns. And the papers. Darned burglars.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I told you WE shouldn't have taken ALL of OUR guns out on that lake that day.....
Ya, who's idea was that? First you said duck huntin, then deer huntin then squirrel huntin so I brought em all

Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, who's idea was that? First you said duck huntin, then deer huntin then squirrel huntin so I brought em all
I thought we were there to shoot fish in a barrel

Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It was your boat.. You should have put the plug in!!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
I've been a gun owner, and I have no problem with registration. Yet again, I think one of the major problems with guns is the tangled web of obscure federal and state laws. Guns are interstate commerce, and they should be federally regulated. I think it's long overdue. At the same time, I would acknowledge the reality that people are going to have all kinds of reactions to it, and I can't entirely blame them. I think former Australian PM John Howard (an Aussie conservative and one of Bush's ole allies) wrote a good piece in today's NYT about how to approach it. One step could be financial incentives. Maybe rather than threatening brute force, a better approach would be voluntary registration for all arms already produced, sold, and owned, with the offer of a tax incentive to comply. While people who own guns are currently deciding what to do with them, the real force of any registration law could be applied to all new guns sold, and that would especially mean eliminating gun show loopholes.
Not all are "interstate commerce" according to some states like MT. Any gun made in MT sold to a MT resident is not subject to any type of registration, at least until the feds decide they really want to fight this fight with the state who as far as I remember is "waiting" for 'em. As for registering them, I foresee a whole bunch that were sold a long time ago to somebody who may or may not be at room temperature now. Ooops.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Let me guess; I bet your against voter photo ID as well?

Back to the subject, only the ones purchased from dealers, in which they already know the serial numbers, would get reported.
Well, those have been sold... some guy in the WalMart parking lot... for cash ... he didn't speak English. The others? Stolen. No, I didn't report it nor did I make an insurance claim. Do I have to?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I dont think this will happen. Its a property issue in your estate, as long as you do the correct transfer paperwork.
Why do I need "papers" for something which is my constitutional right to own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies