Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM

989 posts, read 2,756,112 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Slap Slap Slappety Slap, Haha

I think if Stossel was in a global warming debate with Gore, Al would b*tch slap him too.

.... That clip never gets old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 03:36 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,593,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
if Stossel was in a global warming debate with Gore
Would never happen, Gore has always made it clear he will only go on publicity stunt events if the people interviewing and handling the event are pro Al Gore, or at the very least, pro global warming agenda. One has to wonder if the outcome of Gore talking to any reporter who wanted to ask questions about the legitimacy of his claims would make him look as stupid as Laurie David and Sheryl Crow did while they were touring college campuses "educating" people from an empty pool of knowledge. Totally unable to debate even the most basic questions, yet they felt qualified to tour (spewing greenhouse gases in the tour process) to educate college kids about global warming.

YouTube - CNBC Interview Sheryl Crow & Laurie David on Global Warming

Old 10-19-2007, 05:56 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,775,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exxon makes so much money that they secretly burn piles of cash, just to emit more greenhouse gases while the sit around and watch the fire burn from the comfy leather seats of their gas guzzling SUV's that emit even more GHG's. Then they light up GHG producing cigars that were flown in from Cuba which contributes even more GHG's to the atmosphere.

Then they empty their cointrays in their cars of hundred dollar bills and send it to fake scientists so they can sit on their back porch and make up scientific questions to "create doubt" about the impact that their cash burning, gas guzzling, cigar smoking ceremonies have on bringing our species to a rapid extinction by the end of 2009 if we don't sign the Kyoto 50 times, stop driving, flying and all other travel, and revert immediately back to stone age principles. If we don't ManBearPig will kill us all!!!!

WOW, I guess I just didnt realize, but now that I do, I am VERY concerned about global warming! Thank you !

Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 PM

4,462 posts, read 7,966,761 times
Justin in Boise; A question? I was wondering?

what is Senator's Craig's policy about climate change? Same denial as everything else?
In Connecticut we are having some of the warmest years on record, sea rise and erosion along our beautiful coastline.
I can grow windmill palms in my garden now- also giant sequoia. Over in neighboring Montana-close to you The magnificent Glacier National Park is nearly a memory. Please. Whatever Al Gores hypocrisy, real or imagined his message has some knowledge based reality- not denial.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,475,134 times
I'm not sure I believe in Global Warming. But I believe I'd be happier if John Stossel was a myth. He's, IMHO, just another passenger in the vehicle known as the "drive by media"...

Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,864,257 times
Daily Kos: Larry Craig on SCHIP, Global Warming, and Other Random Stuff
This site has a some info on Craig's position on Global Warming. It's actually not a position of denial, but it also isn't standard Goreianism (new word) either. I'm not sure what Craig's position has to do with anything, i didn't vote for him, i don't even live in his district. I also don't deny that the world is getting warmer. I just think that before Al starts demagougeing though he should also change his personal habits.
Carbon emissions may be to blame, and they may not. The world has been going through periods of warming and cooling for millions of years. But if carbon is to blame, then why is it America that always gets blamed. China and India, and many other countries have dirty coal plants, and huge factories wothout any pollution standards. Just for the record, Idaho has the smallest carbon footprint of any state in the union.
As for Glacier national park, i have never been there, so I can't comment on it.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,987,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Daily Kos: Larry Craig on SCHIP, Global Warming, and Other Random Stuff
This site has a some info on Craig's position on Global Warming. It's actually not a position of denial, but it also isn't standard Goreianism (new word) either. I'm not sure what Craig's position has to do with anything, i didn't vote for him, i don't even live in his district. I also don't deny that the world is getting warmer. I just think that before Al starts demagougeing though he should also change his personal habits.
Carbon emissions may be to blame, and they may not. The world has been going through periods of warming and cooling for millions of years. But if carbon is to blame, then why is it America that always gets blamed. China and India, and many other countries have dirty coal plants, and huge factories wothout any pollution standards. Just for the record, Idaho has the smallest carbon footprint of any state in the union.
As for Glacier national park, i have never been there, so I can't comment on it.

We're in the spotlight because we're the worst polluters. China may be eventually, but they aren't going to change their ways without us taking the lead first, so that we can actually have the legitimacy and high ground to encourage them to reduce their own emissions.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,135,306 times
What global warming? I looked out the window today and didn't see any chunks of pollution floating around. What do scientists know anyway?

Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,864,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
We're in the spotlight because we're the worst polluters. China may be eventually, but they aren't going to change their ways without us taking the lead first, so that we can actually have the legitimacy and high ground to encourage them to reduce their own emissions.
Look at any big city in China, they have no standards, there are black clouds over the cities like Beijing, people were makss over their face to avoid breathing n pollutants. China is much worse than the US

Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,987,089 times
Not yet, though they probably will be eventually

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/bu...07pollute.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies