Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think our best hope in 2016 is an independent, Ross Perot type, deficit hawk.
Speaking of Ross, you would have thought that republican in charge would have appointed him to some finincial position because of his experience, but yet they expected Obama to do that with mitt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Sadly, there really are no conservatives left in American politics.

Certainly the GOP abandoned conservative principles back before the Disco Era.

The last three Republican presidents we've had have been among the LEAST conservative leaders in our nation's history.
I'm a little confused.

What you are saying is that you yearn for when GOP leadership comprised of statesmen like Henry Cabot Lodge, Barry Goldwater, and Everett Dirksen, right? They were gentlemen!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I'm a little confused.

What you are saying is that you yearn for when GOP leadership comprised of statesmen like Henry Cabot Lodge, Barry Goldwater, and Everett Dirksen, right? They were gentlemen!
I'm saying that the Republican Party once held some sound ideals, not that I agreed with all of them, but they were at least relevant. In the past few decades, they have just gone completely over the cliff into mass lunacy.

I mean, look at the parade of clowns they had on display during the primaries...Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney? Could they possibly have been serious?

Every time one of them opened their mouths nothing but sheer idiocy and ignorance came out, as well as a general helping of hyperbole, empty rhetoric and straight up bullspit.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be dissatisfied with the Obama administration, but you gotta do better than the circle jerk of wackadoos mentioned above.

In the entire GOP they couldn't find a more serious candidate than these people?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
In the entire GOP they couldn't find a more serious candidate than these people?
There were more but the GOP and the media were terrified of even mentioning their names as it would destroy the establishment.

Ron Paul

Gary Johnson

Voldemort

Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Not to mention the media crucifying him all the way through to try and effect his approval rating.... or even fake it.

And he was still ignored at the republican convention

Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Republicans need to shut up with the whining. All this talk about a "true conservative" is boring.

You guys don't want a true conservative. If you did, you'd nominate one. They're out there. Even when they're in the Republican primary, you STILL choose the mainstream pretty boy that you think can win...then you HOPE that he's conservative. That's your M.O.

How many more elections do we libs have to endure where in the aftermath of a Republican loss, we've gotta hear your normal crap about the mistake you made by not nominating a real conservative to reverse your fortunes?

Put a sock in it already. It's tired. You're not interested in a so called real conservative.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Republicans need to shut up with the whining. All this talk about a "true conservative" is boring.

You guys don't want a true conservative. If you did, you'd nominate one. They're out there. Even when they're in the Republican primary, you STILL choose the mainstream pretty boy that you think can win...them you HOPE that he's conservative. That's your M.O.

How many mote elections do we libs have to endure where in the aftermath of a Republican loss, we've gotta hear your normal crap about the mistake you made by not nominating a real conservative to reverse your fortunes?

Put a sock in it already. It's tired. You're not interested in a so called real conservative.
Rick Santorum....please please please...!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
its all a drag

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-19-2013 at 09:15 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Rick Santorum....please please please...!
Better yet Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain

Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I absolutely dread the day a Republican is in the seat again.

Why?

As of right now, a large majority of conservatives are awake to the governments bullsh*t. But I guarantee you, the second a Republican is in office, it's back to sleep for most conservatives. We saw the same thing take place with the liberals waking up before Obama ran and now look at them.

It's an endless cycle of deception and tyranny. I have to admit though, the two party, "you have a choice" scam is working brilliantly.
The problem is, we need to get more people in office that are not a part of the establishment. Notice how the media and liberals think the GOP need to clean out those who "arent" a part of the establishment. Why? Because they want business as usual. What's business as usual? The nonsense that got us into this mess we've been in, thats been building up for a couple decades now if not longer.

We have to get rid of the establishment. We need people in there that care more deeply about this country, its founding, and keeping it great than about themselves. Right now, its still about 90% same old same old self serving crap.

I dont want another liberal in office. I want an actual conservative. A non-establishment conservative. That is what this country needs. Ronald Reagan is about the last POTUS we've had that was close to a conservative. The Bush's werent. And we know Clinton and Obama arent.

Right now, I am rooting for Rubio in 2016, though that could easily change as the next couple years go by. Never know who may rise from no where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies