Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,772,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes it is. And car drivers are regulated, and controlled and held liable, required to carry insurance of some form. The question is, where did you want to go with this?
But your not required to be licensed nor carry insurance when purchasing a car, only if you intend to use it on public roadways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,769,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
But your not required to be licensed nor carry insurance when purchasing a car, only if you intend to use it on public roadways.
Why do people buy cars?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,769,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Given that firearms accidents are less prevalent than about 50 other types of accidents, I'd say it's a non issue.
How does the graph look if fatalities are considered?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,976 times
Quote:
How does the graph look if fatalities are considered?
About the same. I posted it two pages ago.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times
Quote:
Yes it is. And car drivers are regulated, and controlled and held liable, required to carry insurance of some form. The question is, where did you want to go with this?
And people break those laws everyday.....so where are you going with this?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,976 times
Quote:
Driving is regulated.

So is carrying a firearm.

False comparison.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows - CNN.com

It's just the morons bringing loaded guns to guns shows that are not!

How ignorant gun huggers really are.

What kind of big game were people going to shoot at a gun show?
Stupid, absolutely stupid people.
I find this...interesting. Ya see, anyone bringing a firearm to a show, such as this, is checked in, at the door. All firearms must be inspected and tagged, and the trigger tied. Loaded weapons, or even ammunition in the same case as the weapon, are not allowed.
So, some boneheads were checked in by worse boneheads, and Murphy took over. Look, I do avree that idiots and firearms do not mix well, but, just as with cars it happens. You whine about "unsafe guns"you when the weapon is fine, it's the just in the hands of people whos IQ runs with that of an outhouse rat.
I would hold the ones handling the guns in question and fully accountable for this, but, somebody at the door and at involved vendor booths, would be sizzling like bacon as well. Please, get a grip and quit trying to label all firearms owners as ignorant

Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
The point is mr. coalman is that the gun got to the show somehow. If it was transported in a vehicle, as one city-data member already pointed out, might or would be illegal.

In my state of Wisconsin, firearms transported in a vehicle must be empty-unloaded and ammunition must be kept in a separate location.

How you roped cars and reckless drivers into this discussion I'll never understand, your post, at best, is off topic and should be removed.

In gun safety classes I ever went to, we were taught never ever to have a cartridge in the chamber mainly due to an accidental discharge potential.
So, you understand gun safety and huge numbers of people attending these shows and you point to a handfull of idiots to then attack "gun huggers".

Well, that's certainly an honest approach.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
But we're not discussing CARS in this thread, we're trying to discuss the irresponsibility of a gun owner transporting a LOADED firearm to a gun show, which is illegal in most states, not only that, but shows how ignorant some people can be regarding gun safety.

Secondly, why would anyone attempt to sell or show a weapon which is loaded where dozens of people walking in the vicinity, with people handling the weapon. That is an accident waiting to happen.

I agree with your comment. I also think that people should also learn what local laws are concerning the transportation of firearms.
I've seen this happen in a gun store too. It's usually some newb who is looking to sell a gun and has no idea how to operate it. Most times it's inherited.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows - CNN.com

It's just the morons bringing loaded guns to guns shows that are not!

How ignorant gun huggers really are.

What kind of big game were people going to shoot at a gun show?
Stupid, absolutely stupid people.
I find this...interesting. Ya see, anyone bringing a firearm to a show, such as this, is checked in, at the door. All firearms must be inspected and tagged, and the trigger tied. Loaded weapons, or even ammunition in the same case as the weapon, are not allowed.
So, some boneheads were checked in by worse boneheads, and Murphy took over. Look, I do avree that idiots and firearms do not mix well, but, just as with cars it happens. You whine about "unsafe guns"you when the weapon is fine, it's the just in the hands of people whos IQ runs with that of an outhouse rat.
I would hold the ones handling the guns in question and fully accountable for this, but, somebody at the door and at involved vendor booths, would be sizzling like bacon as well. Please, get a grip and quit trying to label all firearms owners as ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies