Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
He deleted it, which is good because it was a pointless comment.
Really? He deleted it? I've looked through his posts and I don't see any notes about "editing". Nothing saying his post was ever edited.

Want to try again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
My thoughts on the situation are that President Obama is making enemies of and enraging the very people he depends on to protect the United States and enforce his executive branch orders. Far and wide, throughout the military, police forces, ex-military, etc, etc, he has raised anger and out right contempt.

We are not a group of out of touch nuts Mr. President, its the anti-gun nuts that have over stepped the bounds. You've angered not a bunch of gun toting rednecks, or whatever vision you have in your Chicago community organizing mind, you've angered the for real warrior class.

Your anti-second amendment agenda will not stand and we will go to any extreme to make sure of that fact.

Confiscation was going to be in play. Then the backlash came and it forced Obama to back off. He didn’t want to but after Reid said it was a no go, and the NRA was preparing to go to war with the White House, the president was given a revised script and that is what we heard this morning.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/0...ghts-backlash/
Of course, Executive Orders only apply to employees of the government. They are not "laws of the land", and no one is obligated to abide by them.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It was good you edited your original post, in which you called the president an illegal immigrant, but it's pretty shady to pretend you didn't type it.
And, once again. I do not see any notation on his post that says it was ever edited. What's wrong with you?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thank you for deleting your pointless birther comment it was not needed. No for your article, it was nothing more than an opinion article that did not prove Obama was livid over any backlash.
And, yet again....

What editing? There is no notation about any editing of his post. Looks like you're reading something into it that was never there.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Really? He deleted it? I've looked through his posts and I don't see any notes about "editing". Nothing saying his post was ever edited.

Want to try again?
You can edit a post and if it is done within a period of time it doesn't show it as edited. But that is besides the point, the OP deleted the comment, and that is good and we can move on, so move on.

I just edited this post, does it make note of it on my post?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The OP and the website which he linked insist "the White House is livid", so I expected there to actually be a source to their claim. Otherwise one would conclude they're simply makin' stuff up to suit their agenda, ya know?
And, why not? The "anti-gun" faction has a good degree of difficulty getting their facts correct too. Things they say about weapons shows a complete lack of understanding of the object or the effects of it's use. The only thing they seem to understand is....

Gun...

BANG! ! ! ! ! !

Dead...

But, when the smoke clears, there's just a bit more to it than that.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Of course, Executive Orders only apply to employees of the government. They are not "laws of the land", and no one is obligated to abide by them.
Oh?????

Really?????

Where did you get your information?????

If so directed, those executive orders also apply to you, and the rest of the entire country.... If so directed. With respect to gun control, it does not just go for the federal employees. It's nation-wide.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Just like paranoia, delusional is another mental illness. Are there any GUN CONTROL LAWS to keep mentally ill people from getting their hands on guns? As of now, a mentally ill/law-abiding citizen can purchase a gun like anyone else. One has to be delusional to think that there is no need for additional GUN CONTROL measures to keep the public safe. Like I said before, those with a mental illness should be PROHIBITED from possessing a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies