Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Are you going to continue to duck the question?

Are you? I'm just trying to figure out where you're coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
well, stallone was a vietnam draft dodger, so he has more in common with the dems than he does with the cons.
Tell that to Roy. That's how he referred to himself. RAMBO.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Sure. Normal people are not fixated on one particular thing. If you go to a normal person's house, they will not have it decorated exclusively in Green Bay Packers or NASCAR or Mickey Mouse paraphernalia and themes. Or Jesus themes, for that matter. Normal people will not have 50 guns in their home. Gun fondlers are fixated on guns. You should never be fixated upon one single thing. If you are, you are abnormal. It's annoying, but generally harmless, if someone is a Trekkie. It's beyond simply annoying when you have a gun geek who has assembled 50 guns to fondle and fixate upon. It poses dangers to the fondler and his family, and possibly others, as we've seen with the Darwin Awards video of gun geeks.
What a relief!!!! I don't fit any of your things about abnormal so I must be normal in your estimation. I own only one gun and bought it for home defense, only. I do not have a house, or any single room decorated in the manner you suggest and have never been a Trekkie. I do not support the Packers or ever have anything to do with NASCAR. We are Christians at our house but we don't have anything but a few Bibles lying around.

Now, is it possible that abnormality could be the reason so many of you leaners are constantly talking about Obama? How about being the most often liable to be posting about birders? I think you may be in trouble as to what normal really is.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
But that's not what you said. You said THIS bill called for confiscation. Why did you say that if it isn't so?
The word being there or not is not what will eventually end up in confiscation. You do know what that word means, don't you?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
They chose to give them up to become safer and their gun deaths have plummeted? You would rather they cling to their guns and have more die?

BTW, if they chose to give them up, how is that any of your business?
Did they give up all their guns? I wonder if you know that answer.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:46 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tell that to Roy. That's how he referred to himself. RAMBO.

I dont have to, you are the referring to him as rambo. roy doesnt have anything to prove, but it looks like you do.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The word being there or not is not what will eventually end up in confiscation. You do know what that word means, don't you?
So.....you are not only able to read Obama's mind but you can see into the future and tell us what is going to happen.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM

There went Barney's manhood right out of his pocket. He was a wonderful example of keeping your ammo somewhere other than in your gun, wasn't he?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Guessing Alpha didn't actually read the bill cause it would of answered his questions.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Actually what you learned in school long ago about English is probably fairly outdated on the Internet today.
But not in formal writing.

It really is very true that people haven't had good instruction in that kind of thing for many years but they can't really communicate either.

I like to use capital letters where they belong and Google puts everything in lower case. I bet I drive their computers crazy, but I didn't grow up with a texting machine in my hand either. Speaking of which, I could never communicate with texting spelling and my son who has all kinds of trouble spelling gets along very well with that crap.

What happens when someone has to write anything to get a job? Why many of them go looking someplace else since they usually aren't going to get one there.

An example of the kind of simple minded crap you are standing up for comes to mind. In 1969 I was asked to write something to help three outstanding students from our high school to get jobs. I had told those three girls that their truancy would come back to bite them in their butts and they just wouldn't believe me. Well, I wrote things for them but I was also asked to report how many days they missed school that last year. Of course, I didn't lie and of course none of them got the jobs they were after. It seemed that their grades didn't mean anything compared to how they attended school. Great kids, all, but they just hadn't seen what was needed in the way of workplace honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies