Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sounds like someone should have clung to his text books a lot more.

Why can't you just answer my simple question? When Democrats claim that conservatives cling to guns and religion what does that mean to them? You're clearly a Democrat, you're familiar with the terms so why can't you tell me what they mean to you?
I can and will, but my point is that you obviously misread my comment.

But unlike you, i will actually answer your question.

when Obama said it, he meant that republicans(specifically rural ones), out of fear, attach themselves to weapons because they feel that those who believe differently then them will physically attack them.

He wanted to prove to them that this was in fact not true, but it is indoctrined into many of you, "a race was is a coming( 7 different threads on that one subject)"

now again, how about you go reread my comment so that you see why that lengthy comment of mind was never needed in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
“A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”
LOL. Well, Clinton sure nailed that one. That certainly describes most of the redneck, hillbilly, NRA, Republican gunnuts to a T. When you are living out in the backwoods, you only have minimum wage job and a 6th grade education, about the only thing there is to do, is buy a cheap gun and shoot things.

Careful Democrats, these people are heavily armed, dangerous and they are stupid. Personally I think it is all the more reason to start gun confiscation as quickly as possible.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
I would say that is patronizing toward Obama and his people but sure as hell it isn't patronizing toward the people he was talking out against.
You are seriously saying that 'those backwoods people with their hunting and fishing believe everything they hear' (Clinton) is less patronizing to the gun crowd than 'we think magazines ought to be limited in capacity' etc. etc. (Obama)?

Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
How many Tea Party meetings or rallies have you ever attended? I bet you get all your info about them from Stink Progress, Media Matters, or Daily Kos.
I live amongst "the enemy" so I tend to have daily interactions with people as such, whether it'd be business dealings or normal social interactions. Plus, our local papers keeps me up to tab on all things related to the neighborhood. ( I am quite personable; people tend to open up to me on any and all subject matters..)

Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM

945 posts, read 968,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its a fair warning - with such a large number of armed crazy Tea Partiers, I would be scared too.

Progressives should start arming themselves as a precaution in case the Tea Partiers go rogue.

Pink revolvers and a limp wrist isn't going to do much against the rough and tumble.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its a fair warning - with such a large number of armed crazy Tea Partiers, I would be scared too.

Progressives should start arming themselves as a precaution in case the Tea Partiers go rogue.
According to study, you guys are 8 times more likely to commit murder. :-)

Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
LOL. Well, Clinton sure nailed that one. That certainly describes most of the redneck, hillbilly, NRA, Republican gunnuts to a T. When you are living out in the backwoods, you only have minimum wage job and a 6th grade education, about the only thing there is to do, is buy a cheap gun and shoot things.

Careful Democrats, these people are heavily armed, dangerous and they are stupid. Personally I think it is all the more reason to start gun confiscation as quickly as possible.
rep'd

Sorry, I cant be as pink-unicorn-sprinkling-happy-fairy-dust on this issue as the usually sane, Clinton. Just like biker gangs, radical muslims or crips and bloods type lifestyle zealots, any people who have made such a divisive and negative ideology their personal religion are scary and irrational individuals. This same irrational and obsessive nature influences all other thought process's in these peoples lives. The cumulative effect on society is huge.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
What people are missing with the publication of the map showing huge concentration of permit holders, is that just as many people have guns that do not need to be registered and do not appear on the map.

Good luck sending your kid to 'gun free home' based on that map.

The map does a good job of baiting stupid criminals.

One look at that map tells you the country is awash in guns.

That should also mandate that school children be tauhgt firearms saftey in school just as they are taught fire safety, health, drug and sex ed.

Those democrats of whom BC speaks must be in an infintessimally small crowd and isolated from the American people.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
It's funny watching all the meaningless bickering.

Obama came out with a bunch of powder-puff proposals that are going to deal with a whopping 1% of the gun violence.

One side is crying bloody murder and stupidly paying wayyyyy too much for guns and ammo (didn't learn much in 2008 did ya?) and the other side is thumping their chests over how their great leader is fixing the problem.

LOL. Suckers.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies