Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times

Advertisements

If any of you where on twitter in October, you know who Lupe Fiasco is. He is the rapper who repeatedly tweeted about the "American system of government" ,"black people should never vote",and how he is proud to say he has never voted for anyone.

The rant from tonight has been called anti Obama, but it was really anti American as he has been ranting since Bush was in office.

Lupe Fiasco Removed from Stage After Anti-Obama Comments | Complex

sorry for the source, the story is still fresh.

I do find it a little weird that Republicans are defending him on twitter. Lupe is the same man who claimed 9/11 was a false flag operation, that we should not have fought al-queda, the same man that says he does not pledge allegiance to the flag.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,359,834 times
Sounds like a mentally disturbed imbecile. Precisely the sort of person I'd expect to be one of Obama's greatest supporters.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sounds like a mentally disturbed imbecile. Precisely the sort of person I'd expect to be one of Obama's greatest supporters.
He hates Obama.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,751,779 times
Everything he said is true. I don't pledge allegiance to that flag either. 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Everything he said is true. I don't pledge allegiance to that flag either. 9/11 was an inside job.
so you agree with everything Lupe Fiasco is and says correct ?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,874,028 times
Obvious question is, why was he asked to perform in the first place? Just to maximize the "Chicago" connection or something?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,417,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If any of you where on twitter in October, you know who Lupe Fiasco is. He is the rapper who repeatedly tweeted about the "American system of government" ,"black people should never vote",and how he is proud to say he has never voted for anyone.

The rant from tonight has been called anti Obama, but it was really anti American as he has been ranting since Bush was in office.

Lupe Fiasco Removed from Stage After Anti-Obama Comments | Complex

sorry for the source, the story is still fresh.

I do find it a little weird that Republicans are defending him on twitter. Lupe is the same man who claimed 9/11 was a false flag operation, that we should not have fought al-queda, the same man that says he does not pledge allegiance to the flag.
Have you ever seen the argument between him and Bill O'Reilly before? If not, its posted below this.

Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly in Edited Fox Interview - 6/20/2011 - YouTube

Anyways Lupe Fiasco is against the establishment essentially of America, he believes that every American President is a terrorist. He's one of my favorite musicians but I don't always appreciate what he has to say. I'm against some of the policies America has implemented over the past and present, and believe that reform can happen to this country great again, but I can't be against the entire American system as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He isn't a imbecile, he's actually one of the more intelligent hip-hop artist, essentially he rebels against any government not just America's. He's what's known as an anarchist, if you didn't know.

Last edited by BMORE; 01-21-2013 at 12:07 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so you agree with everything Lupe Fiasco is and says correct ?
Don't know EVERYTHING about him but from what you said yes.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM

Fiasco is noted for his anti-establishment views. In an interview with Stephen Colbert on the satirical news show The Colbert Report, Fiasco stated his credo on political philosophy: "You should criticize power even if you agree with it."[77] In another interview in June 2011 on the CBS program What's Trending, Fiasco discussed the political content of his music, stating, "My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama and the United States of America. I'm trying to fight the terrorism that's actually causing the other forms of terrorism. You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists."[78] He additionally criticized Obama for his stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[79] In keeping with his anti-establishment views, Fiasco does not vote in U.S. elections.[77]

Yep. I agree with that all.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Fiasco is noted for his anti-establishment views. In an interview with Stephen Colbert on the satirical news show The Colbert Report, Fiasco stated his credo on political philosophy: "You should criticize power even if you agree with it."[77] In another interview in June 2011 on the CBS program What's Trending, Fiasco discussed the political content of his music, stating, "My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama and the United States of America. I'm trying to fight the terrorism that's actually causing the other forms of terrorism. You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists."[78] He additionally criticized Obama for his stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[79] In keeping with his anti-establishment views, Fiasco does not vote in U.S. elections.[77]

Yep. I agree with that all.
so you are anti Israel, Anti Republican, Pro Taliban ?

and you also agree that the biggest terrorist in the world is the US ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies