Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Certain white people should feel guilt for their racist agenda, and you would be among them.
I don't feel a inkling of guilt. I feel proud of my race,culture and heritage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtinaweb View Post
I don't feel guilty and I think it is a great idea. God forbid people learn about other cultures and their history.
Then have a month for EVERY race...lets see,white,black,hispanic,jewish,asian...and then you can even break them down into certain kinds of white,black or asian....be a real blast...that way the kids would never learn what they actually need to know to function in society.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post

Then have a month for EVERY race...lets see,white,black,hispanic,jewish,asian...and then you can even break them down into certain kinds of white,black or asian....be a real blast...that way the kids would never learn what they actually need to know to function in society.
Gosh. We have an Italian Heritage Festival back in my hometown - guess I should be boycotting that one as well.

Oh and a Greek festival too . . . goodness I can't remember them all.

I don't feel that attending those takes away from my heritage at all; though I'm not Greek or Italian.

Go figure.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
These guys are liable to blow a gasket.

Maybe they'll check into a mental institution for treatment of depression or anxiety.
Yep, you know it!! This is certainly one of the happiest days of my life.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM

179 posts, read 193,013 times
Quote:

Actually, that's a good idea. In fact, I don't think enough history is taught because we sure seem to keep repeating a lot of the same mistakes of the past.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:

Most people take pride in their accomplishments, but I guess when someone has none they default to things like race and ethnicity.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Gosh. We have an Italian Heritage Festival back in my hometown - guess I should be boycotting that one as well.

Oh and a Greek festival too . . . goodness I can't remember them all.

I don't feel that attending those takes away from my heritage at all; though I'm not Greek or Italian.

Go figure.
Those aren't taught in school. black history month is. There is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Most people take pride in their accomplishments, but I guess when someone has none they default to things like race and ethnicity.
I take pride in everything I do well and in my race and culture and where I come from.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
There is a reason for it being the shortest month...I do wonder if the folks who passed such a goofy thing realized that when they did it? Ah one of the nice things about living in an all white town....and being very involved in my kids schooling. I know what's going on and can exempt her from white guilt month.
The 1960s called to say that you are needed back in your proper decade for a "rally".

Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM

You have a time machine? COOL! Umm....can you send me back to 1863? I need to take my knowledge of the ak-47 and some more advanced weapons to General Lee.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
I do think its wrong to have the obama party today. This is mlk day not obama day. If obama was white or a conservative black there would be a huge uproar over having it today.

I think he choose today to upstage mlk who was conservative in many of his beliefs. MLK deserves to be the only one reconized today, not sharing or overstaged by obama who could have choosen anyday to do it.

Why not tomorrow? Or yesturday?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
Read OP's message again.
What message? OP didn't have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies