Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:05 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

Voters unhappy with Bush and Congress | Politics | Reuters

With the latest Zogby poll showing Bush at a 24% and congress at 11% who are these people that support and approve the performance of George or their Congressman? If this was a non governmental and a business or corporation the CEO and those lacking in performance would be asked to leave by the end of the week. I would only hope that most of these political deviates in Washington would all be leaving asap.

My real worry is “who are these people in the 24% or the 11% that approve of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Indeed ! I guess some people are either too blind to see or just plain scared to change course. Either way, it is pretty scary. I think some attitudes are so deeply ingrained that to accept the failure of some politicians is tantamount to betrayal and having to face the ugly truth can be hard to stomach for some.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Actually I am surprised the approval ratings are that high. The 11% approval for congress is likely directly proportionate to the level of complicity and subservience to this administration and the 24% that support it. Who would respect a branch of government that surrenders itself to the executive in such a manner that even a jellyfish has more spine.

As to that 24%, well a large part of those are the people that the terrorist have already defeated as they lay in the mental fetal position, saturated with fear, begging for the government to deliver them from their cowardice. The hopefully smaller segment, which probably aligns with nation average of pedophiles, wife beaters, serial killers are those who get an almost sexual gratification from the whole sale slaughter of their fellow man in a display of dominance that is inversely proportionate to their own inadequacies that borders on true mental illness. Then there is the even smaller percentage who support this because they are satisfying their greed by making fist fulls of money by supporting said course of action.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
I back Dubya and the GOP on most issues. I have a problem with the spending hes let slide. Hopefully the backlash will correct this attempt to please all of the people all of the time

Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
With ratings like that the administration and congress are not even pleasing some of the people some of the time. The administration is insisting in carrying on and the congress cannot stop them. No wonder the voters are annoyed.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

With the latest Zogby poll showing Bush at a 24% and congress at 11% who are these people that support and approve the performance of George or their Congressman? If this was a non governmental and a business or corporation the CEO and those lacking in performance would be asked to leave by the end of the week. I would only hope that most of these political deviates in Washington would all be leaving asap.

My real worry is “who are these people in the 24% or the 11% that approve of them?
The same people who keep voting for these incompetent people over, and over, and over again. Its all about the attitude, "I dont like Congress.. but my congressperson is GREAT!!"

Old 10-19-2007, 01:17 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
I'd say the 11% who support congress are the segment of the population who are die-hard leftwing supporters, who wouldn't want to make Pelosi sound bad. The 24% who still support Bush are the Christian Conservative Right, who think that if they dissaproved of Bush then they thereby support abortion, gay marriage, terrorism etc. Both of these people are in the wrong. That's why they only make up 35% of the population, there are wingnuts on both sides. The average American sees that both Bush and Congress have F-ed up this country pretty bad, with Bush's incessant(sp) spending and war, and congress's self rightous pandering and rhetoric. Hopefully the country is not beyond repair.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:02 PM

397 posts, read 264,320 times
people who have stock in oil, people who have stock in war related things, haliburton

also I guess there are some people who arent able to use their brain that well

Old 10-19-2007, 02:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I wonder how many servicemen and women were polled in this study? If I remember correctly “they” seldom if ever say anything negative about their leadership. Oh,,,, I don’t think I can use that word (leadership) in connection with any of these political people in office at this time.

Maybe these numbers are low because too many people have had a cup of coffee and thought over the past 6 ½ years of leadership (or lack of it) and realized that these are “criminals” holding office. Perhaps the 24 & 11% of those who support them, are criminals themselves?

I think "Nothing12" has the right ideas,,, these people have stock in the military industrial complex and are also on the "take"!

Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I almost approve of Congress.. THEY'VE DONE NOTHING.. YAAAA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies