Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Then don't leave out the vast sums of money at the disposal of the NRA for having the best motives for keeping the so-called Sandy Hook Hoax alive.
I'm not dismissing the NRA's involvement in this event. I've very clearly stated my issues with the NRA on this thread. Don't leave that out.

I don't belong to the NRA. And I'm not relying on their information when it comes to the questions I have about the Sandy Hook event.

I called my husband the day of the event and told him, "There's something really odd about this Nancy Lanza story. She's the key to the entire event - we know more about her and we'll know a lot more about the whole thing." So far, we don't know much about her.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
As far as the school is concerned but the public pays for it so technically, it is public property.
Why don't you go to one of your local public schools and tell that to the security guard, who will most definitely prevent you from going anyplace on the school campus, except for the main office. Once in the main office, why don't you tell the school's principal that you are a taxpayer and want to exercise your 'technical' right as a taxpayer to roam the school property. Then come back here and tell us how it worked for you...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Reposting from another hoax thread..

I know personally one of the families in the video in your link. They are grieving, and they are not actors. My parents live next door to the grandparents of the child. They, too, are still in extreme pain. The funeral that my parents went to was not fake.

My friend teaches there. She experienced everything firsthand. She's not an actor.

This conspiracy stuff has sickened me and has further caused anguish to the entire Sandy Hook, Newtown, Connecticut community.

Please stop.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Yeah, because we all know that the mainstream media is the only credible news source. They have been doing such a stellar job to earn that title.
So tired of the dissing of "mainstream media" by the RWNJs. Give us some examples of where you get your incredibly credible news. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Reposting from another hoax thread..

I know personally one of the families in the video in your link. They are grieving, and they are not actors. My parents live next door to the grandparents of the child. They, too, are still in extreme pain. The funeral that my parents went to was not fake.

My friend teaches there. She experienced everything firsthand. She's not an actor.

This conspiracy stuff has sickened me and has further caused anguish to the entire Sandy Hook, Newtown, Connecticut community.

Please stop.
Is someone on this thread saying that the Sandy Hook shootings were "fake?" If so, I missed that.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
So tired of the dissing of "mainstream media" by the RWNJs. Give us some examples of where you get your incredibly credible news. Thanks.
Wow, that's a real challenge. And I mean that sincerely. Where do YOU get "incredibly credible news?"

Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here's the deal to me:

I have raised five teens. At some point in each of their teen years, they went through periods (thankfully short ones) when they misrepresented to me facts about what they were doing, where they were going, who they were with, etc. As I told them, the bad thing about misinformation is that if you get enough of it, you begin to consider the source of that information as unreliable. Enough misinformation about something critical and you begin to have serious questions about the entire scenario.

One of my mottoes in life has been "Seek first to understand." There's a LOT going on with this Sandy Hook situation - a lot of political maneuvering from both the left and the right (by the way, I am an independent who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal so I don't fit neatly into either the Democrat or Republican slots). I have yet to meet a politician who won't use a tragedy to further their own agenda or grab the spotlight. Simply put, I don't trust most politicians - from any party. And in this day of political and social polarization, I am even more skeptical of the motives of our "leaders" of every political persuasion.

Anyway, back to "seeking first to understand." There ARE reasons why these school shootings occur - I want to know more about those reasons - without political agendas smathered all over the search for reasons. That's my approach, but it's sadly not the case for many people and entities, including those on Capitol Hill and the NRA.

When researching a topic, I generally find that the truth lies somewhere in the middle between MSNBC, Fox, Pravda, Alex Jones and HuffPost (just to name a few of our illustrious media outlets). I read and research articles and factoids from across the internet and the world.

And I always try to apply another motto: "Follow the money."

Never leave that one out.
Then why did you create a thread about the "odd" number of photos taken (and/or released) on the day of the tragedy instead of a thread about the cause of school schoolings and the government's reactions following each event?

The first post in this thread implied that something systematically sinister was beyond the tragedy and it set the stage for a conspiracy theory discussion. I do believe that had the original post reflected the thoughts that you expressed in the above post that there would have been a completely different discussion. Own that at least.

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Gene Rosen had several stories about the children he found on his lawn. Snopes sticks with one of his stories while the others are not mentioned.

Victoria Soto's FB memorial page was set up 4 days prior to the shooting. I don't buy that it was set up for a different purpose just four days prior and then changed to a memorial page that day. There are no posts on the wall before the day of the shooting.

Sally Cox was really the nurse at Sandy Hook. I've never questioned that. I don't know why she would tell reporters that Nancy Lanza was a wonderful Kindergarten teacher at the school. It does not make sense.

The car was initially reported to be Nancy Lanza's. After many questions about it belonging to another individual names Chris Rodia, suddenly and only very recently it changes to "the car belongs to a relative of Lanza's" Who's car is it? How did Adam gain access to a relatives vehicle when by all accounts, no one had seen him in years, including his own brother?

I get that grieving people who have lost loved ones will smile and that they are not constantly crying but I also have grieved enough myself and have known enough people grieving (including parents grieving their young children) to know that most people will shed tears at some point when talking about their dead loved ones. I have not seen a single tear shed in any interviews. Lots of furrowed brows and trembling chins but not one single tear. That is bizzare. I'm not saying that parents didn't cry in general but the parents in the interviews not crying at all strikes me as very odd.

I also would love to know people's theories on what Lanza's motive to kill children who he had no connection to would be? People say he was crazy but there is not one shred of evidence to support that claim.

I still find it strange that there were not more injured people in the shooting. If you compare this shooting to any other spree shootings you will see many more injured, everyone shot does not die. The kids were huddled together in the room which means that some were blocking others with their bodies. He managed to kill almost every single person he shot in a very short time period.

The timeline is inconsistent. Every source has a different timeline of events. I have yet to find two that actually match up.

The CNN footage while supposedly flying over Sandy Hook is of a different school. It is not aerial footage of Sandy Hook. They are lying. Why?

That's all I can think of right now.

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Is someone on this thread saying that the Sandy Hook shootings were "fake?" If so, I missed that.
I think everyone would agree it is a media event.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

Haha!!!! I'm not a republican. I actually voted for Obama the first time around. I get my media from a variety of sources, the mainstream media being one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies