Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,171,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Why don't you go to one of your local public schools and tell that to the security guard, who will most definitely prevent you from going anyplace on the school campus, except for the main office. Once in the main office, why don't you tell the school's principal that you are a taxpayer and want to exercise your 'technical' right as a taxpayer to roam the school property. Then come back here and tell us how it worked for you...
Hey Ray. I said that the school belongs to the public. That does not mean that there are zero rules and anything goes. Got it.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Is someone on this thread saying that the Sandy Hook shootings were "fake?" If so, I missed that.
Me to.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Maybe he's a flount of conspiracy theories.

Or, a fountain of couth.

Something!

He could be searching for that elusive fountain of truth.
Why do I detect this familiarity of style with another poster who had disappeared some time ergo.

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:

I'll answer any legitimate questions that are asked of me, as long as the tone of the conversation is mutually respectful and I'm not having to deal with oddballs who seem to have some sort of crazy idea that all I want to do is look at photos of murdered children while I stroke my guns.
You are the one who implied you wanted to see more photos. Exactly what inconsistencies in the reporting of this story do you think having more photos will clear up?

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Wow, that's a real challenge. And I mean that sincerely. Where do YOU get "incredibly credible news?"
I've never made the categorical claim that the news I read/see/hear is not true, so I am not obligated to provide a counter source. The OP has sneered at the "mainstream media" - and those who use it for sources of info - in many posts in this single thread. I think it is fair to ask her where she gets her "incredibly credible news," since she has indicated that she clearly recognizes the news from "mainstream media" to be not credible.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I've never made the categorical claim that the news I read/see/hear is not true, so I am not obligated to provide a counter source. The OP has sneered at the "mainstream media" - and those who use it for sources of info - in many posts in this single thread. I think it is fair to ask her where she gets her "incredibly credible news," since she has indicated that she clearly recognizes the news from "mainstream media" to be not credible.
Kathryn, the above is a question I'd like to see answered too. It has nothing to do with photographs of murdered children, etc., which you complain about. It's a very good question, and I'm sure many of us would like to see where you get your news which you rely upon.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And why should all of the reporters refuse to talk to you? You can do a lot of investigating via phone and internet.

Maybe the Koch brothers would be interested in funding an investigation. Who would like to "smack" Obama and the Democrats more than the Koch brothers?
Methinks one can take nothing for granted. Assumption is no longer available to the consciously aware, at this point in time. That said, I don't believe Billionaires would be in need of my assistance.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Dude, Kathryn is the OP, not me. The whole reason why this thread exists is because the mainstream media dropped the ball leaving and endless list of unanswered questions, holes, inconsistencies, etc. If after all of this you still turn to them as your only news source, that's your choice but you do realize every source is going to have conflicts of interest and biases. It is my opinion that it's best to gather news from multiple sources (including the mainstream media) if accuracy matters to you at all.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Hey Ray. I said that the school belongs to the public. That does not mean that there are zero rules and anything goes. Got it.
Weren't you implying that journalists and the public could have just walked up to the school when they arrived?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Dude, Kathryn is the OP, not me. The whole reason why this thread exists is because the mainstream media dropped the ball leaving and endless list of unanswered questions, holes, inconsistencies, etc. If after all of this you still turn to them as your only news source, that's your choice but you do realize every source is going to have conflicts of interest and biases. It is my opinion that it's best to gather news from multiple sources (including the mainstream media) if accuracy matters to you at all.
It's easy to get you and Kathryn confused; your writing style and positions are so alike.

This case does NOT have endless unanswered questions, holes, inconsistencies. In fact, I have not even seen one list inconsistencies posted here by the people who are complaining. Certainly if the inaccuracies and inconsistencies in reporting were "endless" you could come up with just a few examples.

I didn't notice ray saying that "mainstream media" was her only source of news. Did you see her say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.