Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,339,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously? If you did not know if your child was dead or alive, and you were standing in a room full of parents in the same situation, you would pull out your smartphone and start snapping pics, with the thought of selling them for profit. That's what YOU think terrified-out-of-their-minds parents would do?? Sheez....
Ray, Ray, Ray...

Do you honestly doubt that people take photos and videos of the most awful events as they happen?

I have a friend whose husband witnessed a terrible wreck. The truck was on fire and a man was trapped in the vehicle. He and another driver drove up on this horrible scene.

Rather than helping the man who was trapped, there were numerous people standing around VIDEOTAPING the event, as the man inside the truck screamed for help.

Thankfully, my friend's husband and the other guy jumped into action, and were able to free the guy and drag him to safety, right before the gas tank exploded.

Later, my friend's husband told me that he was having trouble sleeping - not because of the man's injuries and his own close brush with death, but because he couldn't get the image of people standing around videotaping the event as the man screamed for help inside the burning truck.

And guess what - those same people gave (or sold, who knows) these videos to our local media, who played them along with the story. In this case, thank God, the story had a happy ending but STILL - MY GOSH. When all these goobers were filming it, they had no idea the man would survive. They certainly weren't doing anything to help - and apparently it didn't bother them too much to watch someone burn to death.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,315,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Multiple sources means multiple sources. I'm sorry you don't seem to understand. I'm not going to explain any further.
The fact that you refuse (are unable?) to list even one alternative news source from a list of "multiple sources" is all the explanation any of us need....

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,383,887 times
Quote:
omg. Just go back and look through the thread. They are there. I don't have time to dig around for something that you want to see. I've already seen it because I wrote the lists. If you want to see them, look for them. They are in the thread. I am not making it hard for you. Give me a break.
All right, then. Your list will not be viewed. You have convinced yourself with your list, and I guess that's all that matters to you.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 AM

21,550 posts, read 30,971,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
8. Why were emergency responders, who came to assist, turned away at the scene? Do you have a link to indicate that this actually happened (other than just a "questions" site)? I know that someone else did respond to this question in this thread, and if I recall correctly, it was because they didn't need them. Why would this be important?
It did happen, and I know exactly why. The initial call for help from first responders said "call everyone". So, they did. They called the nearby communities of Oxford, Redding, Monroe, Southbury, Shelton and Brookfield. Since Oxford is closest, they were first on scene (you can see Oxford Ambulance in many of the pictures).

A friend's mom works for the Shelton Ambulance. She was in the process of responding and Oxford called to tell them not to come, since at that point, the fate was known. They turned around, and I'm assuming other towns turned around and went home as well. It was very early on when my friend inboxed me on Facebook with this information. I still have this inbox.

If you want to see it, DM me and I will email you a screen shot from my phone.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,383,887 times
Quote:
The fact that you refuse (are unable?) to list even one alternative news source from a list of "multiple sources" is all the explanation any of us need....
And that answer of "multiple sources" sort of sounds like Palin when asked what publications did she read, where she got her news? LOL Yes, it is all the explanation we need.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,163,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're not "discussing".....you're ONLY asking questions, disregarding any possible reasons offered, and continuing to suggest that in fact there is some sort of conspiracy between the "media" and "government" in order to facilitate passing gun control laws.
I don't agree with that assessment at all. I think I've been pretty open to reasonable information. You didn't even know that I posted two very long lists of questions and you've been on this thread a long time. I'm not sure what to tell you.

Quote:
Actually, the thread title asks about more photographs. Let me say that I think MORE PHOTOS would have IN FACT given more support to the White House and the many various members who make up "the media" for more gun control. So why would the White House and "the media" choose to take fewer photos and publish fewer photos? Less pictures actually helps the anti gun control folks. How do you think the public would have reacted to even MORE photos of the violence and horrific levels of emotional pain? Huh? So maybe the lack of photos is in fact a blessing for the anti gun control folks.
Maybe it would. I think the question though was more along the lines of, "Compared to similar incidents, there are hardly any photos of the scene of the crime? Why?" I don't think that op was questioning any type of agenda, just why.

Quote:
I don't see how fewer photos helps the White House to push more gun control laws at all. So that then leaves the suggesting that the event never happened at all, that it was a fake and stage for the specific purpose of passing more gun control laws. AND most of you have already said that you don't believe this was a staged "event" and that you believe it was real and that the children and adults were really killed.
I believe that people were killed that day. I feel for the families of those people and the town as a whole. I don't believe that things happened in the way that we are being told that they happened. Those are just my thoughts based on everything I have gathered. I may be wrong and I actually hope that I am but that's where I stand at this moment in time.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,315,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ray, Ray, Ray...

Do you honestly doubt that people take photos and videos of the most awful events as they happen?

I have a friend whose husband witnessed a terrible wreck. The truck was on fire and a man was trapped in the vehicle. He and another driver drove up on this horrible scene.

Rather than helping the man who was trapped, there were numerous people standing around VIDEOTAPING the event, as the man inside the truck screamed for help.

Thankfully, my friend's husband and the other guy jumped into action, and were able to free the guy and drag him to safety, right before the gas tank exploded.

Later, my friend's husband told me that he was having trouble sleeping - not because of the man's injuries and his own close brush with death, but because he couldn't get the image of people standing around videotaping the event as the man screamed for help inside the burning truck.

And guess what - those same people gave (or sold, who knows) these videos to our local media, who played them along with the story. In this case, thank God, the story had a happy ending but STILL - MY GOSH. When all these goobers were filming it, they had no idea the man would survive. They certainly weren't doing anything to help - and apparently it didn't bother them too much to watch someone burn to death.
Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn...

Do you fail to see the difference between a stranger rolling up on terrible accident and a mother/father rushing to the site of a massacre not knowing the fate of their own child??

Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,609,477 times
Quote:
The only question that anyone answered was the one about the wrong date of death for Lanza and I responded that I believed the person who provided that answer because it was a reasonable answer. What other questions did people provide answers for that were reasonable? I'm all ears.

I looked at the Snopes site. Some of those answers are reasonable, but enough of them are not as they only look at limited information.

Your comprehensive answer to every Sandy Hook conspiracy theory - Salon.com

Also:

Posting #381 of this thread.

Where are all the photos of the Sandy Hook shooting?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM

6,452 posts, read 6,617,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
All right, then. Your list will not be viewed. You have convinced yourself with your list, and I guess that's all that matters to you.
I did your work for you. I reposted Dorthy's list of questions above. It has now appeared in this thread 3 times. By now, some of the questions have had answers given, but I wasn't going to do the additional work of editing out questions that I no longer wonder about.

Last edited by kayanne; 01-23-2013 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,339,924 times
Quote:
Pssst, Kathryn, follow the link for all your photos. Happy now?
Not too convincing. One photo of two parents hugging each other (with no one else in the photo) and one photo of a very sparse "crowd" (in other words, not a crowd) of people (42 or so - a number that includes numerous law enforcement personnel in uniform) of people in the fire station - which is where we are told the parents of 600 children converged to wait.

So no, I'm not "happy." None of the photos (and there are precious few of them) from that day make me "happy." Nothing at all about ANY of the events of that day make me "happy" or could EVER make me "happy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies