Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,197,189 times

Advertisements

All:

This is the thread I created on Dec 14th when there were initial reports of an incident. You can see some of the confusion that is being reported, as it is being reported. We are a small state so many regulars on the CT board were affected.

//www.city-data.com/forum/conne...g-newtown.html

Hope this answers some questions...

Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Stop being dishonest. State your position honestly.

You want to punish the law abiding majority for the actions of a tiny tiny minority.
I want to bring this country inline with other civilized countries, that have strict gun control laws, and that don't have mass shootings.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You are only propagating the narrative of the liberal mainstream media. Your words and approach is identical to the liberal media which shows you have no independent view or agenda. Either you are a slave to mainstream media propaganda or you are a participant.

The unresolved discrepancies in the Sandy Hook official story is questioned by liberals, conservatives and people who are not politically orientated. It's very telling that the only people defending the official story with unjustified insults and accusations are the radical liberal posters.
1. Who is the "mainstream media".....names please?

2. There is no "Official story" in this case because the official investigative report has not been released. There are fragmented reports regarding Sandy Hook out there.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
"bogus questions"?

Yes, bogus questions. Questions that have no merit. Dishonest loaded questions. Questions that only a deranged person would continue to be asking about this incident. Clear enough?

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why do you keep ignoring the post where someone was describing how this school is isolated in the middle of a wooded area with only one road going in...a road easily controlled by the authorities once they got on the scene. You can't say the same about the other mass shootings where access and other buildings full of people were near-by. Logistics alone explains a lot regarding photographs that were or were not taken. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
To play the game your way, "why do you keep ignoring the post where someone" (me) asked about the ONE photo of the children lined up, evacuating. If the photographer was able to get close enough to take that ONE photo, why not others? "Logistics" doesn't explain that. Publicizing just ONE photo of the evacuation is simply a curious and vastly different type of photo-journalism than I have seen in any other major news story.

It doesn't make me a conspiracy theorist. As I've stated before, I HAVE encountered some CTs who are asking these exact questions, and I realize I have no answer for them on this particular question, and others.

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Thanks for answering. So, there was a photographer who was able to get close enough to take a photo during the evacuation, but she took and/or published only this one? It does seem like she would have been snapping lots of shots, and would have published more than one. Not saying I morbidly wish to see more, but it's not typical for a photographer to stop at one during such a major tragedy.
I don't know how many she actually took, but AGAIN, she is a Newtown resident who knows the families, and as she states in the article, she herself was very upset that this was happening in her town to families that she knew, so maybe she wasn't indulging in typical photographer behavior due to her own emotional involvement. I do not find this particularly unbelievable.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Certainly not. I'm just a person who has studied history and I have come to the conclusion that it is best to hold onto the rights that we have been granted under the constitution. Nothing crazy about that.
Do you even know what the Second Amendment says? Just wondering.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I'll admit it's hard to respond to every post in this ever-growing thread. I've asked some questions that no one has answered either, but I don't start name-calling because of it.

I do not own any guns, so there is nothing to take away.

What exactly do you mean when you call someone a troll? I only know of trolls as those ugly little dolls I had when I was a kid.

I guess some of you are having a hard time figuring out what the collective "you" means.

As for trolls, maybe you can find the meaning in the TOS or you could google the word.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I just think it's odd.

I am not saying that a shooting didn't occur. I am just wondering at the lack of photos and videos in this digital age. If people can find more, please let me know - I'd prefer not to have to wonder about this.
Then don't.

[not every tragic event has to be documented to the nth degree]

Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yes, bogus questions. Questions that have no merit. Dishonest loaded questions. Questions that only a deranged person would continue to be asking about this incident. Clear enough?
No, it's not clear how the questions asked in this thread could be considered anything but questions. Nothing deranged about asking questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies