Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
I bet you can go on vacation anytime you choose, and live a comfortable lifestyle. She can't. She isn't winning anything. She is trapped and hopefully she can raise her children to make better lifestyle choices. Than she did herself.
ROTFLMAO!!! The only lifestyle choices those kids are going to have is minimum or maximum security.

She isn't taking that money and putting it into a college education fund. She is out partying it up, drinking it up, and smoking it up. That money will be spent before her next welfare check is deposited in the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
I paid in about $5000 in federal taxes. I have a co worker who has a daughter that is unemployed, has no ambition to work, on welfare, a single mother of 4 children, all have different fathers. She is getting a $4000 refund. How does she get a refund like that? A refund suggests she paid something in.
This is whats wrong with America.

Do you know if she was unemployed all last year? How about the year before? And do you know for certain that she carried her children or did the fathers carry the children and they gave some money to the mother to care for the children? Or do you know if one or all of the fathers owed back child-support and the IRS cut the mom a check instead of the father(s)?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I know. I amended my post to add that I didn't realize the OP was talking about the co-worker's daughter.
LOL, I thought the exact same thing at first!
Still don't believe it, though.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
I paid in about $5000 in federal taxes. I have a co worker who has a daughter that is unemployed, has no ambition to work, on welfare, a single mother of 4 children, all have different fathers. She is getting a $4000 refund. How does she get a refund like that? A refund suggests she paid something in.
You need to rework your fable. The child tax credit is $1000. If she didn't pay any tax during the year. She would not get a $4000 refund.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

I have posted this before.

I have shut down my business to become the primary care giver for my dad.

Between the wife and I, it looks like we don't make anything on paper, the last two years.
We paid nothing in.

For the last two years We got $3000 refund????

I thought it was a mistake and that they would be coming looking for it.
It is still in the bank, just in case.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
ROTFLMAO!!! The only lifestyle choices those kids are going to have is minimum or maximum security.

She isn't taking that money and putting it into a college education fund. She is out partying it up, drinking it up, and smoking it up. That money will be spent before her next welfare check is deposited in the bank.
Cept that this woman is not getting a refund because she has no earned income, according to the OP.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
She has dependent children, that's why.
No. She only as " a daughter". That's $1000 max.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have posted this before.

I have shut down my business to become the primary care giver for my dad.

Between the wife and I, it looks like we don't make anything on paper, the last two years.
We paid nothing in.

For the last two years We got $3000 refund????

I thought it was a mistake and that they would be coming looking for it.
It is still in the bank, just in case.
Tell us how you managed this?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
If she is earning nothing (on welfare) she has $0 income. How would she get $4000 in refunds?

You never heard of 1099? Many people buy 1099 so they can get credit (there is no refund because they didn't pay any tax. It is all credits). It it cost them 1500 to buy 1099 and get a credit for much higher, why not?

If you need help understanding this, feel free to go into a big city and talk to any tax accountant.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,443 times
She has to have made something in order to qualify for the EIC; just having children is not enough qualification, and no one can count TANF as earned income, although if you have been paid unemployment you can claim that if you have them take taxes out, otherwise you still could not claim it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies