U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,830 posts, read 8,101,458 times
Reputation: 6288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Dogs didn't evolve either - and you have ruined nothng, nor attempted to answer my questions.

Try challenging your evolutionary fairy tale sometime, rather than simply believing every single thing that you are told.

Be a critical thinker.
It is a very recent form of micro-evolution. Multiple dog breeds created for multiple purposes. Created, not by a make believe God-of-the-Gaps, but by man.

 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM
 
3,579 posts, read 4,372,014 times
Reputation: 3102
Mankind has been able to change the DNA of the Silver Fox in just 50 years based on nothing but selective breeding. They were once wild, feral foxes and became docile, domesticated pets. That is not just the result of training. These are measurable physiological changes. That, my friend, is called evolution.
Current Biology - Selection for tameness has changed brain gene expression in silver foxes

Do you honestly believe god created Adam, Eve and chihuahuas only 6-8,000 years ago? Really?

Viruses adapt and evolve all the time... do you deny it?
 
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,100 posts, read 23,109,316 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It is a very recent form of micro-evolution. Multiple dog breeds created for multiple purposes. Created, not by a make believe God-of-the-Gaps, but by man.
Microevolution(which tskes place) is much different than macroevolution(which does not take place).
 
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,100 posts, read 23,109,316 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Mankind has been able to change the DNA of the Silver Fox in just 50 years based on nothing but selective breeding.
Note that any such change as you cited was done by an intelligent being.

It did not happen by chance.
 
Old 02-02-2013, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,100 posts, read 23,109,316 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Viruses adapt and evolve all the time... do you deny it?
Viruses adapt - as do all forms of life.

They do not evolve.
 
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 AM
 
389 posts, read 526,250 times
Reputation: 202
I can try to accept Genesis literally if what God calls an evening and morning (day) are actually extended intervals between events during His creation. I'll give it a read through and see if the order parallels theoretically accepted cosmic events. None of this a new concept, in fact, it was how I was taught to accept creation in private Christian school. The science teacher used this concept so he could teach true geology and fossilization of extinct creatures. Biology focused on modern similarities of flora and fauna, but never evolution. Other than that, Genesis was always used whenever a light switch gets flipped on. I'm so glad the "let there be light" didn't carry outside Christian buildings.
 
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 AM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,830 posts, read 8,101,458 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Microevolution(which tskes place) is much different than macroevolution(which does not take place).
That it is, but there is also evidence of macroevolution. Lots of it:

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 1

It should be noted that there is not one shred of evidence that your God-of-the-Gaps exists.
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 AM
 
20,738 posts, read 18,775,884 times
Reputation: 11597
Didn't the government create the world and cause evolution?
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Long Island
27,360 posts, read 15,346,289 times
Reputation: 7359
hmmmm

most christians I have met, believe the earth is billions of years old

most realistic people understand that the earth has warmed and cooled many times over those billions of years

most educated people understand that the earths climate change, has very little to do with humans

most republicans believe obama was born in hawaii, and have zero problem with his color...they just hate his leftist policies
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Long Island
27,360 posts, read 15,346,289 times
Reputation: 7359
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
I can try to accept Genesis literally if what God calls an evening and morning (day) are actually extended intervals between events during His creation. I'll give it a read through and see if the order parallels theoretically accepted cosmic events. None of this a new concept, in fact, it was how I was taught to accept creation in private Christian school. The science teacher used this concept so he could teach true geology and fossilization of extinct creatures. Biology focused on modern similarities of flora and fauna, but never evolution. Other than that, Genesis was always used whenever a light switch gets flipped on. I'm so glad the "let there be light" didn't carry outside Christian buildings.
from what I understand, a 'day' to 'god', is like 3 billion years to humans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top