Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 PM

313 posts, read 328,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Slavery, bans on interracial marriage, legal rape of your wife, women being banned from owning property, 50% divorce rates, high adultery rates, etc. are all traditional family principals? Why is it then, that in countries where same-sex marriage is legal, gays have much much lower divorce rates than straights?

Straights have destroyed any notion of traditional family and have no right to expect others to bow down to such hypocrisy.
I never mentioned any of that as traditional or a principal of family.
Go learn how to read and comprehend.

There is much more to society than divorce rates as well.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,368,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Or make it to where we can make undesirables leave our town. Fine with me either way.
I'd vote for you to be the first one shipped. I think that virulent homophobes are actually closet homosexuals scared to death of their own urges and believing that the louder and nastier they are the more people will believe they're straight.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,873,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
America needs good traditional values.
Oh great.
Now we get their sexual deviants as political refugees.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,751,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'd vote for you to be the first one shipped. I think that virulent homophobes are actually closet homosexuals scared to death of their own urges and believing that the louder and nastier they are the more people will believe they're straight.
Fascinating diagnosis....

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-23-2013 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: language

Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,804,104 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is disgusting. I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else.
Bigotry and hatred of personal freedoms are even more disgusting. I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I don't like them,I don't want them around me or my kids. Plain and simple.
So don't have them around your kids, plain and simple... you'll probably miss out on knowing some AWESOME people, but hey, that's your right! However, why do you want to take away other Americans' rights, just because YOU don't like something? I thought only "crazy liberals" wanted the government to coddle them, but I guess the door swings both ways depending on the issue. Huh?

Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,368,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So don't have them around your kids, plain and simple... you'll probably miss out on knowing some AWESOME people, but hey, that's your right! However, why do you want to take away other Americans' rights, just because YOU don't like something? I thought only "crazy liberals" wanted the government to coddle them, but I guess the door swings both ways depending on the issue. Huh?
Well, at least his probably does!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,873,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Bigotry and hatred of personal freedoms are even more disgusting. I don't need to explain myself to you or anyone else.
Yes your bigotry and hatred is very disgusting.
Because someone finds an activity you or someone else engages in disgusting - which frankly I not only find disgusting, but sick, perverted and medically risky - doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

It is plain stupid to expect everyone to approve of your personal behavior.
Some people approve, others don't - that's life.

Now if someone is trying to tell you, you can't engage in that activity, then you have a beef.

So go ahead gizmo - indulge whatever perversions float your boat - personally I think most people don't care one way or the other.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Where I will be living believe me if there are any homosexuals they are in the closet.... Typical liberal. Hate someone else's opinions so much you wish bad things happen to them....tsk tsk...so much for open minded liberals.
WTH?? Pot, meet kettle! You're the only one wishing bad things on other people, people who have done NOTHING to hurt you... but you want them "run out of town," forced to stay in the closet, erased from our society, and would probably even support re-criminalizing homosexuality. But it's the liberals who are intolerant, for pointing out the obvious fact that your parenting is hateful? I guess we can say it's typical conservative behavior to be hypocritical, and to (fail at) attempting to turn the tables around. Not working, we know who the truly intolerant one is here.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Yes your bigotry and hatred is very disgusting.
Because someone finds an activity you or someone else engages in disgusting - which frankly I not only find disgusting, but sick, perverted and medically risky - doesn't mean your rights have been violated.

It is plain stupid to expect everyone to approve of your personal behavior.
Some people approve, others don't - that's life.

Now if someone is trying to tell you, you can't engage in that activity, then you have a beef.

So go ahead gizmo - indulge whatever perversions float your boat - personally I think most people don't care one way or the other.
I'm not gay, and I don't care what you think about it or whether you "accept" (not sure what that means) homosexuality... I only care when people try to pass laws against them, mistreat them, or wish ill upon them. You can think it's the most disgusting act in the world, and I couldn't care less - just keep your opinions out of our laws, please.

P.S. I hope you realize the acts committed by homosexuals are also committed by heterosexuals, and in much higher numbers. So you don't have a problem with gay people, you have a problem with non-procreative sex... why aren't you this bigoted towards straight people, then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies