Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 04:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times

Advertisements

This young man was preyed upon and victimized during a two year relationship. He was either 15 or 16 when this relationship started, yet the media describes the murdered older man as the "lover" of the young boy. I hope the young man gets off.

[quote]A star Connecticut high school football player trying to break it off with his older lover stabbed the man to death during a tussle outside the teen’s home, cops say.
Tarence Mitchell, 18, stabbed Ronald Taylor Jr., 27, five times with a steak knife -- including at least once in the back -- during an argument Thursday night in Bloomfield, WFSB-TV reports.

Read more: High school football star stabs older male lover to death outside Connecticut home, cops say* - NY Daily News

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-24-2013 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This young man was preyed upon and victimized during a two year relationship. He was either 15 or 16 when this relationship started, yet the media describes the murdered older man as the "lover" of the young boy. I hope the young man gets off.

Read more: High school football star stabs older male lover to death outside Connecticut home, cops say* - NY Daily News
The "gay agenda" is for equality. Gays look forward to the day when their sexuality is no longer an issue. This story is a good example where that day may be about here. This is a tragic story about a quarrel between two adult lovers that turned violent. Tragic, but it happens. The fact the two parties are GAY is only significant to... well, to people like you.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:23 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:

They started dating when the couple was 16/25? That's perfectly legal here in Colorado.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Stop deflecting, why is this guy not being referred to as a pedophile? He was controlling and abusive.
I agree. This 27 years old man started molesting the boy when he was 16. Why are they referring to him as a "lover"? This high school kid was being "groomed" and sexually abused but they are spinning the story as if it were a relationship. Its disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
They started dating when the couple was 16/25? That's perfectly legal here in Colorado.
It may be "legal" but it is not moral.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:09 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,531 times
I'm no lawyer, but under Connecticut's Castle Doctrine, I believe the kid would've been in the right to defend himself against any attacker on his property. But, he delved clear into the wrong when he chased the guy down the street and stabbed him some more because then that makes Mr. Mitchell the attacker and not the victim. When it comes to self defense, you need know when to defend, and when to pull back. That's the lesson that Mr. Mitchell has yet to learn, if ever.

P.S. It appears that Connecticut's age of consent is 16. The article doesn't state that the older gent was in any position of authority so I'm going to safely assume no, so by law, their relationship was legal as far as we can tell.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The "gay agenda" is for equality. Gays look forward to the day when their sexuality is no longer an issue. This story is a good example where that day may be about here. This is a tragic story about a quarrel between two adult lovers that turned violent. Tragic, but it happens. The fact the two parties are GAY is only significant to... well, to people like you.

I call BS. They're just like any other "whine and moan" industry. If they lost their platform and had nothing to complain about, they'd be lost.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:21 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree. This 27 years old man started molesting the boy when he was 16. Why are they referring to him as a "lover"? This high school kid was being "groomed" and sexually abused but they are spinning the story as if it were a relationship. Its disgusting.

It may be "legal" but it is not moral.

Exactly right. I guess if the Colorado State Legislature passed a bill stating it was "legal" for a 10 year old to enter into sexual relations with an adult, the same people who defend this crap would also be okay with that.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Gay agenda? I know some gay men and none condone pedophilia. The young man was 16 when the relationship began. In Con. that is the legal age of consent if I am not mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies