Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol I'm just responding to your nonsensical post. What do you mean by this statement then?
We(the USA) after the war came into Japan and helped with the formation of their new government, and economy. This is all in the history books, you know. Or do you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Ok I was about to gawk and call you names and stuff. Ok I agree with you about your definition of equality. Unfortunately, we all are not given an equal opportunity to succeed in life. People who make it out to succeed are commendable, but others cannot begin to find the loop to get through to afford them to succeed. If everyone succeeds, who will be left to work the slave roles?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
So, the House of Reps are also controlled by the liberals?
2009 and 2010 were Dems.
And you have the Senate and the WH.

The government is 100% bipartisan when it comes to national security and have no problem passing laws, extending expirations with no debate and it's done within a few days.

So what part of "equality" are the Republicans in the House preventing here ?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Ok I was about to gawk and call you names and stuff. Ok I agree with you about your definition of equality. Unfortunately, we all are not given an equal opportunity to succeed in life. People who make it out to succeed are commendable, but others cannot begin to find the loop to get through to afford them to succeed. If everyone succeeds, who will be left to work the slave roles?
Not everyone will succeed, that's a given in life. Creating an environment, though, where one may grow to be able to one day succeed; and giving them the proper tools that if they so choose to use, can.....well, that's a little bit of what a lot of liberals are speaking of, when one mentions "equality".

Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
An education is the basis for what you do in life.
The US provides an education to all children.

But you can only do so much.
As they say..You can lead a horse to water.....

Why is it all up to "conservatives" ?
We have a liberal, progressive government in place for 4 years and for the next 4 years.

Seems to me that the left think AA programs are the way to get to equality.
The right think that every man should stand on his own.

So once again for you providing an education ensures that all Americans have equality of opportunity?

Lol, Do you really believe that? That's the best answer you can come up with. Lol

The question is conservatives say not equality of outcome but equality of opportunity. This is what conservative say they value.

Again, all I ask is how conservatives go about ensuring equality of opportunity for all Americans, and you got nothing, because consevatives don't give a damn about equality of opportunity, they do nothing to ensure its occuring, they have zero policy ideas about its implementation because they are lying.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Not everyone will succeed, that's a given in life. Creating an environment, though, where one may grow to be able to one day succeed; and giving them the proper tools that if they so choose to use, can.....well, that's a little bit of what a lot of liberals are speaking of, when one mentions "equality".
Whose responsibility is it to prepare one's self for life's hurdles?

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
So what is missing here ?
What is missing that there is no equality ?

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Class size is proving to be a red herring. A teacher can handle a class of 30 that is well behaved far better than a class made up of 15 unruly kids.

Folks can slice it and dice it anyway they want but schools are merely a reflection of the communities they serve. You notice you rarely hear Asians and Jews complaining about the quality of the public schools. If the schools in their area are lacking in one way or another, they simply move or find ways to educate their children outside of the system (ie after school cram classes)
I suppose, I do think class size matters though. When you think about it, the teacher of the larger class has less time available for each student and it would be easier for students to slip through the cracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes. Always has been like that. If not, then the teacher sucks.
I'm not sure how you are coming to that conclusion. I've had some classes that had 17 students enrolled and some with 200, the larger class was larger precisely because the material wasn't nearly as intensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
2009 and 2010 were Dems.
And you have the Senate and the WH.

The government is 100% bipartisan when it comes to national security and have no problem passing laws, extending expirations with no debate and it's done within a few days.

So what part of "equality" are the Republicans in the House preventing here ?
The government is all three branches(Executive, Legislative, Judicial). The Legislative has two components the House of Reps and the Senate. So, the liberals do not have complete control, and there are those republicans in the Senate that do their best to impede, liberal policies there....too. But, you know this already.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
So once again for you providing an education ensures that all Americans have equality of opportunity?

Lol, Do you really believe that? That's the best answer you can come up with. Lol

The question is conservatives say not equality of outcome but equality of opportunity. This is what conservative say they value.

Again, all I ask is how conservatives go about ensuring equality of opportunity for all Americans, and you got nothing, because consevatives don't give a damn about equality of opportunity, they do nothing to ensure its occuring, they have zero policy ideas about its implementation because they are lying.
I see you keep ignoring my question since you can't answer it. List one single thing in our society that keeps people from being able to pursue their opportunities like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies