Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 04:31 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

What should I call this phenomenon being "caught" in secret testing? In the past, something like this could usually be sited as an example of a something that is now pretty much extinct. So what is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3gKPToP60

Now....I like this brothers Youtube show....but he can be a little to hyperbolic for me. I mean....he speaks truth but to me makes things seem worse than I feel they are. I don't know. He might be right and I might be wrong but I do tend to find myself cringing sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 04:37 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Clearly the Agent was being racist and should lose her RE license.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
I think racism in real estate is overestimated by the left and underestimated by the right. When I was a realtor I took everyone out once and got them to apply for pre qualification at the end of that day.

You do have to as a realtor be careful of people that aren’t serious about buying or selling. You can easily lose a week if you are not careful.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:46 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What should I call this phenomenon being "caught" in secret testing? In the past, something like this could usually be sited as an example of a something that is now pretty much extinct. So what is this?
Now....I like this brothers Youtube show....but he can be a little to hyperbolic for me. I mean....he speaks truth but to me makes things seem worse than I feel they are. I don't know. He might be right and I might be wrong but I do tend to find myself cringing sometimes.

Can you explain what happened without forcing us to watch someones Utube?

Old 01-26-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can you explain what happened without forcing us to watch someones Utube?
History repeating itself.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Yes...but only because they did these secret tests. Should such testing be done in all industry as part of a government effort to root out hidden discrimination?

Old 01-26-2020, 04:57 PM

20,110 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes...but only because they did these secret tests. Should such testing be done in all industry as part of a government effort to root out hidden discrimination?
sounds like something Hitler would have done back in the 30's

Old 01-26-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
sounds like something Hitler would have done back in the 30's
So you are ok with knowing that there might be a wide spread problem with discrimination....but doing nothing about it?

Old 01-26-2020, 05:09 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
The realtor broke a rule in sales. Never sight judge a customer. I don't know if it was about race, we won't know until the realtor explains herself.

This is an opinion piece at best. We all sight judge. I have ignored certain sales people because I just didn't like the vibe I got off them. As a customer we can be so picky. Sales people shouldn't be. That guy dressed in jeans a T-shirt and a jean jacket just might be loaded.

The sales person for whatever reason didn't want to sell to the black people. she is likely a racist, but it could be just a matter of she made a gut call and screwed up. How many other blacks has she turned away? How many blacks has she made sales to?

I admit that I didn't watch the entire video nor will I.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:22 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Being that it is a "Realtor" involved, it all but guarantees a Federal investigation.

If it is found there is real malicious behavior on the part of said Realtor, losing their license would be the least they have to worry about.

Hefty fines, and possible prison time involved if memory serves.

Realtors, and real estate licensees (there's a difference) have these fair housing laws drummed into their skulls, and are tested on it at the time they sit for the exam to receive their license. Then get an annual (or bi-annual) refresher and quizzed on it again, before renewal of their license. Not a thing that gets taken lightly at all.

Oh, I didn't watch the utube vid. But I'm guessing the "phenomenon" you're referring to is called "shopping". The feds/state/local board of Realtors can send agents, masquerading as prospective buyers/sellers and test how the Realtor/agent they are dealing with treats them. Sometimes it's just a random deal, others it can be as a result of a complaint received from the general public.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies