Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Doesn't mean much. It all depends on the stripe of Hispanic that becomes the majority. I'm Puerto Rican and I identify more with "White" culture, norms, and politics than with the more leftist central American Hispanic community. You will find that many of us are not anti-white, nor are we liberal socially or fiscally (although, I am more socially liberal, but certainly not fiscally). Also, the term Hispanic is largely an ethnic labeling and not a racial one. Many of us are simply "Euro" while others are mestizo and others African descent. To use this as a demise of Euro-Californian influence is simply to not understand the Hispanic people.
The stripe of the Hispanics that are coming here illegally isn't exactly a desirable one. No education, skills and large families to support. i don't see how that will benefit Calif. We are already going bankrupt. They come from a culture of corruption in Mexico. They have already shown they don't respect our immigration laws. Do you think that a tiger can change its stripes? They're not Puerto Ricans by any stretch of the imagination.

As I said, I couldn't care less what one's race or skin color is but that they are culturally compatible to us and assimilate. Disrespect for our laws to begin with isn't exactly condusive to our culture. Even those that are citizens of this country have a tribal mentality especially if they have roots in Mexico or other Latino countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Was this thread suppose to be scary? Am I as a white person suppose to be afraid?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
this will be proof that hispanics will ruin what they set their foot on. there is no need to make excuses, it is living proof. cali will continue to decline as illegals overtake it. but somehow it will be bush's fault, blame the white man.
A) CA was hurt by the housing crash, not Hispanics.

B) The majority of CA's Hispanic population is native born.

C) Texas is red-hot economically, yet it's 38% Hispanic, virtually even with CA. How do explain this? How do you explain the miserable productivity of red southern states that have virtually no Hispanics?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A) CA was hurt by the housing crash, not Hispanics.

B) The majority of CA's Hispanic population is native born.

C) Texas is red-hot economically, yet it's 38% Hispanic, virtually even with CA. How do explain this? How do you explain the miserable productivity of red southern states that have virtually no Hispanics?
A. Many illegal immigrants bought houses that they coudn't afford. Many of those houses were shoddily built by Hispanics whom most were here illegally. It wasn't only the housing crash that caused California to go broke. Educate yourself on the costs of illegal immigrants on Calif. (other states as well). Whatever taxes they pay in doesn't cover their enormous social costs. We have idiots in our state government that don't know how to manage our tax dollars also.

B. So? There are still millions of them here illegally in Calif. also.

C. Even if Texas if 38% Hispanic are you claiming that it is they and the illegal immigrant kind that are making Texas economically strong? Kind of an arrogant statement, isn't it? I am sure there are fiscal explanations why Texas is doing better than our state that don't include Hispanics or illegal immigration.

Calif. is run by a bunch of leftist, liberals idiots. Afterall, Moonbat Brown was re-elected again. Perry the governor of Texas is a Republican. I am sure there are explanations as to why some southern states are stuggling economically also. What makes you think it is because there aren't many Hispanics especially the illegal kind?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A. Many illegal immigrants bought houses that they coudn't afford. Many of those houses were shoddily built by Hispanics whom most were here illegally. It wasn't only the housing crash that caused California to go broke. Educate yourself on the costs of illegal immigrants on Calif. (other states as well). Whatever taxes they pay in doesn't cover their enormous social costs. We have idiots in our state government that don't know how to manage our tax dollars also.

B. So? There are still millions of them here illegally in Calif. also.

C. Even if Texas if 38% Hispanic are you claiming that it is they and the illegal immigrant kind that are making Texas economically strong? Kind of an arrogant statement, isn't it? I am sure there are fiscal explanations why Texas is doing better than our state that don't include Hispanics or illegal immigration.

Calif. is run by a bunch of leftist, liberals idiots. Afterall, Moonbat Brown was re-elected again. Perry the governor of Texas is a Republican. I am sure there are explanations as to why some southern states are stuggling economically also. What makes you think it is because there aren't many Hispanics especially the illegal kind?
I'm not claiming anything, that is the percentage of Hispanics in Texas per the 2010 census. If Hispanics are such a drain, as the poster who I was replying claimed (and this is what he wrote)...

this will be proof that hispanics will ruin what they set their foot on

...why is Texas doing so well economically? Notice he said nothing about illegal immigrants in his opening statement.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Let's get off the race kick, shall we? I couldn't care less what someone's race or skin tone is. The objection isn't to race but changing the face of our nation culturally due to illegal immigration in massive numbers from south of our border.
So, it's not about economics but culture? You live in a state that was once part of Spain and Mexico and has always had a large hispanic population but now your worried about the "changing face of our nation culturally?" Ha! You just tripped over your prejudice...again. Make up your mind as to which excuse your going to use to try and get rid of hispanics.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
So what? Why would you be afraid of whites becoming a minority?

Are you saying that minorities are treated differently...?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'm not claiming anything, that is the percentage of Hispanics in Texas per the 2010 census. If Hispanics are such a drain, as the poster who I was replying claimed (and this is what he wrote)...

this will be proof that hispanics will ruin what they set their foot on

...why is Texas doing so well economically? Notice he said nothing about illegal immigrants in his opening statement.
I may be wrong but I think the person you were replying to meant the illegal immigrant kind of Hispanic even though he didn't say that. Perhaps you should ask him. As for Hispanics making up 38% of Texas' population. That means that 62% of them aren't. Either way illegal immigrants are a drain on our society Hispanic or not.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So what? Why would you be afraid of whites becoming a minority?

Are you saying that minorities are treated differently...?
Because it is occuring through illegal immigration, that's why. There is nothing natural or lawful about that. It's really about the change in our culture though and has nothing to do with race. There are non-hispanic whites and hispanic whites. They have different cultures. Our country's majority are non-hispanic whites. Why would any country in the world welcome a change to their demographics and culture via illegal immigration? Bet Mexicans in Mexico wouldn't embrace an illegal invasion of millons of Chinese that changed their language from Spanish to Mandarin and all the other cultural changes to their nation and rightly so. I just hate double standards.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-24-2013 at 06:06 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So, it's not about economics but culture? You live in a state that was once part of Spain and Mexico and has always had a large hispanic population but now your worried about the "changing face of our nation culturally?" Ha! You just tripped over your prejudice...again. Make up your mind as to which excuse your going to use to try and get rid of hispanics.
Your clue is "once". It doesn't belong to either of those countries now. Get with the program will you and get out of the past.

Illegal immigration is about both economics and culture. I don't know what you call a large Hispanic population. Non-hispanic whites way outnumber them and always have. We are not a Hispanic country in identity and our national de facto langauge has always been English, not Spanish. It is prejudiced for any country to want to retain their identifying culture and language and not lose it via illegal immigration? Really, your're kidding right?

The only kind of Hispanics I wish to get rid of are those here illegally but keep playing your race card anyway. You might want to get that race card laminated as is it starting to fall apart from overuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies