Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times

Advertisements

It's interesting to listen to people who live in cities continually show detest for the "backwards, uneducated Conservative rednecks" that live in rural America, who produce the food, energy and resources that make living in their city possible.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It's interesting to listen to people who live in cities continually show detest for the "backwards, uneducated Conservative rednecks" that live in rural America, who produce the food, energy and resources that make living in their city possible.
Most of our food, energy, and products don't come from rural Americans.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Our policies are leaning more towards Greece though.
Ignore the debt and continue spending.

Iceland told the bankers to go take a flying leap and dealt with collapse.
I don't blame Iceland for pissing on the banks, but not sure of their tax enforcement. Greece has no credible tax enforcement and hasn't for sometime. There lies the problem with Greece and its long standing underground economy. Currently that is not the case with the US.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Your point?

Garbage collectors are an essential part of our society too, that doesn't mean I want to do it as a job.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Rural Americans damn near starved to death during the Depression. I guess we're just supposed to forget that.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Most of our food, energy, and products don't come from rural Americans.
We only import 20% of our food, so yes it's our farmers that supply the vast majority of the food this nation consumes. Over 2/3 of our electricity is generated by coal and natural gas. Most of those resources are extracted by rural Americans.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Nah, we're just tired of y'all (including threads like this one) always complaining about ''city folk', ''lib-ruls'', ''multi-culturalism'', ''educated elites'' and the like!

When the truth of the matter is that in the event of some ''collapse'', life for most of the biggest complainers would quickly come to a screeching halt!! Probably starting with that big old shiny gas-guzzler they're always feeding, all the booze, smokes and junk food they consume, and the Section 8, SSI and food stamps they seem to depend on!

So wanna hear less about ''backwards, conservative Rednecks''? Then quit frickkin' bragging about how ''independent'' and ''self-sufficient'' y'all are.... cuz you ain't (and down deep you know it as well as we do)!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not everyday

Today I'm clearing fence line again. About to go out and will stay out til the school bus passes (4:30).
And I'm close..so close. 3 sides cleared and I'm more than 1/2 finished the fourth side.
(previous owners let the growth get out of hand and take over the fence line with wild grapes and cactus).

And I totally agree with your statement about multiculturalism and segregation. It's non existent out here and I like it that way. It's non existent because it doesn't matter; your neighbor is your neighbor no matter .
I don't know what part of Texas you live in but if you don't mind me asking, do you have a lot of Bobwhite Quail where you are at? I will be headed to south Texas to a town called Benavides to Quail hunt in a few weeks. They like to take cover in overgrown barbed wire fence rows.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
We only import 20% of our food, so yes it's our farmers that supply the vast majority of the food this nation consumes. Over 2/3 of our electricity is generated by coal and natural gas. Most of those resources are extracted by rural Americans.
Unless you are into organic foods, majority of the food we consume comes from large agribusiness not your mom and pop farmers.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Wow, the ignorant comments from the blue/city/progressives is amazing. Oh wait, you did elect our current president. The situation is and will be much different than even during the depression, if the shtf in a certain way. There might be some rifraf heading to the cities from rural america, but, I think it will be just the reverse. Nasty, city dwellling rats headed to the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies