Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times

Advertisements

I don't see what the hoopla is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
It appeared as if Mrs. Obama was starving, and more interested in eating than the crybaby to the left. IMO.

Not at all. When I was in the military, I had another troop sitting next to me in the chow hall and when near finishing a meal, he'd tap my arm and ask, hey, you gonna eat that? referring to what I left on my plate. He was a growing young man.
Really, the chow was good when you were in the military? You must be a youngin'.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
There's a big difference between this:

and this:

Let's be honest, there is no competition. Laura Bush is definitely taking serious prescription drugs (you can tell because her pupils are always dilated) and her education/accomplishments pale in comparison to our current first lady.

I don't believe in either political party, but I will still admit that Michelle clearly wins, if there was ever a competition.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Really, the chow was good when you were in the military? You must be a youngin'.
Actually, I do not miss the mid shift boxed nasties with green bologna and sour milk. But I've heard the chow in the Navy is quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post

and this:

Let's be honest, there is no competition. Laura Bush is definitely taking serious prescription drugs (you can tell because her pupils are always dilated) and her education/accomplishments pale in comparison to our current first lady.

I don't believe in either political party, but I will still admit that Michelle clearly wins, if there was ever a competition.
Wow, Mrs. Bush looked like she had a buzz on!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Boehner: "It's true. My mom wouldn't let me have a puppy. That's why I cry so much. My emotions are very close to the surface."

Michelle: Oh brother.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Wow, there's a lot of envy demonstrated on this thread.
I think you are mistaking disdain for envy.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
NO. I don't think her facial expression was necessarily related to that.

On the other hand, if a real live BONER was talking to you, let alone tapping you on the shoulder, some type of bewilderment or surprise should be expected.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I think you are mistaking disdain for envy.
Disdain by ignorant racists. She is an accomplished, cultured, highly educated, articulate, intelligent mother. If you have disdain for all people like that, well, then go ahead.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I would have to say Jackie Kennedy. And there was no feeling sorry for her because of Jack's indiscretions. The woman had style, elegance and grace. I've yet to see another First Lady who lived up to the respect Jackie received, not to mention her contributions to art and preservation of historic architecture. She's probably one of the very, very few First Ladies that will be remembered for a long time to come.
Maybe. I was a kid then, and my parents hated Kennedy. They thought Jackie was pretentious. Don't know if I would have thought the same thing had I been an adult.

Anyway, it's possible Michelle was just looking up at a speaker at the luncheon.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post

and this:

Thanks a lot for posting that picture of Laura - that expression is going to give me nightmares! Where's the brain bleach when you need it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies