Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,342,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Yea, call me a racist if you want, but after the anti-white hate and violence pouring out that racist SOB's mouth, I think it's called for.
I won't call you a racist, but I will ask you what kind of a [mod cut: preemptive] thinks that killing one for the transgressions of another is ok?

???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,058,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think he was joking...
A white person saying such a thing about black people wouldn't be given a pass because he/she was "joking"...

They would be equally wrong - as was Jamie Foxx.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
There was a shooting in New Orleans? This wouldn't be the first time that happened, but I think you made this thread to be spiteful because it went down on MLK day, not to report a shooting in New Orleans . Not racist, just to be spiteful.
You don't think 5 people being shot (on any day) after a parade isn't news worthy ? That is amazing.

How does this make him spiteful ? It is just calling attention to a sad fact, so what.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM

799 posts, read 1,097,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
100% true. Excellent example is Chicago(oh no! - that is a "racial code word" according to the left). The city experiences a high murder rate with lots of gun violence. It is a majority of the time black on black crime. But the liberals didn't rush to ban guns in response to this violence(and nor should they have). But they also did nothing to address the root of the problem - fatherless homes, welfare dependent mothers, and a breakdown of morality in the affected areas.
Quote:
It has to start in the community. Let's be honest and start by realizing that we are talking about inner city neighborhoods. There is no easy solutions to the problems that plague these communities. I will cite a success story however. South Central Los Angeles. It's reputation is well known. However, it has experienced a turnaround in recent years - and when I was in various areas of south LA and Watts during the previous year, I could tell the difference. The solutions are as complex as the problems - but I attribute the improvement to the many Hispanic families that have moved into the area.

Note that i emphasized families. That is where it starts. The bedrock of our society is the family. This means a father and a mother whom actively raise their children.

The Hispanic neighborhoods also tend to be faith oriented. Religion is essential for a basis of morality. Which religion does not really matter(except for Satanism) but a moral foundation is the blueprint for a successful community.

South Central LA is also seeing new investment by businesses who used to avoid it because of liability reasons and unprofitability. I attribute this to the family and faith oriented citizens whom now live in the area. It all starts in the home, raising children with a father, and inculcating in them a moral foundation that they can apply to the rest of their life.

Economic opportunity will follow. Welfare should be something that one works daily to not have to receive - but certainly has its place as a safety net until one is able to be self sufficient. Work, pride, and independence will follow.

Gangs are substitutes for family. Children join gangs because they need a sense of belonging - something that they don't get at home. Want to be a victim of gun violence? Join a gang - it is a fact of life in such an environment that a gang member is likely to be shot.

Family, faith, and investment. Too simple?

Perhaps - but it is a start.

South Central Los Angeles can serve as the model for the rest of the crime plagued inner cities of America.
I'm glad you brought up family cause that's the greatest impact, but do we honestly know how the black family got broken up, it wasn't drugs nor poverty but prison. The whole prison industrial complex is what tore the Black Community apart, just by taking the father away from the child.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
You don't think 5 people being shot (on any day) after a parade isn't news worthy ? That is amazing.

How does this make him spiteful ? It is just calling attention to a sad fact, so what.
Yep - 5 people were killed by use of a firearm just the other day in Albuquerque - and the left sure hit upon that - even calling it a "mass shooting" when the kid clearly targeted his family.

It's OK to highlight certain shootings - but others(like in N.O.) are off limits?

In the minds of the left - it seems to be so.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,710,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post

It's the posters intention behind this thread that seems suspect. This poster has a history of starting threads, or making comments that are made with hints of spite. You know this to be true, so please stop the feigned outrage. "Oh my, I think i'm gonna faint!" [you saying that with a southern belle inflection]

Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 PM

799 posts, read 1,097,105 times
Quote:
It's the posters intention behind this thread that seems suspect. This poster has a history of starting threads, or making comments that are made with hints of spite. You know this to be true, so please stop the feigned outrage. "Oh my, I think i'm gonna faint!" [you saying that with a southern belle inflection]
Preach Buster!!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I'm glad you brought up family cause that's the greatest impact, but do we honestly know how the black family got broken up, it wasn't drugs nor poverty but prison. The whole prison industrial complex is what tore the Black Community apart, just by taking the father away from the child.
I fully agree - and much of that has to do with the misguided war on drugs. That was begun by liberals - and is one of the liberal policies which I cite as being destructive.

It is educational now that liberals are dissociating themselves from President Johnson's and President Wilson's original wars on drugs. They sense what it has done - and how it has destroyed the fabric of our communities - and now want to be seen as leaders in ending it.

That is great - and i hope that we can work together.

I agree with there being some "prison-industrial complex" though here in California it is fueled not by contract work to build prisons(we already have too many) but the influence of prison guard unions whom are among the most powerful political entities in the state. Try to reform prisons and meet their wrath.

The prison guard unions are fully endorsed by the Democratic Party in this state of liberal madness.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,710,565 times
Quote:
Yep - 5 people were killed by use of a firearm just the other day in Albuquerque - and the left sure hit upon that - even calling it a "mass shooting" when the kid clearly targeted his family.

It's OK to highlight certain shootings - but others(like in N.O.) are off limits?

In the minds of the left - it seems to be so.
Look at the title. It has MLK three times in it. You don't think that he was trying to drive a point home, other than that five people were shot in New Orleans.....because i'm thinking he was.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Look at the title. It has MLK three times in it. You don't think that he was trying to drive a point home, other than that five people were shot in New Orleans.....because i'm thinking he was.
Sure. His point is that the legacy of Dr. King - which was peace, nonviolence, and tolerance - is being sullied by the practice of war, violence, and hate on streets named after him.

It is a red flag - and should be addressed. I suggested how this might be done above. New Orleans: Five Blacks shot on MLK Blvd after MLK parade on MLK day

Hopefully some inner city communities will take their streets back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies